Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dark Souls FLV file

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Phrexeus
n00b

Re: Dark Souls FLV file

Post by Phrexeus »

vlad001 wrote:in its current form it is not usable by itself. you can parse files and have the data in structured form, that's it. for example, use FLVParser to parse some flv then you can access geometry data, uv's, ... through the the FLVParser's member variables (e.g. Meshes, Materials, ...). if you tell me what you want to do with the data maybe i could (help you) write some exporter or so.
Help with writing stuff sounds great - my programming experience is very low, but I want to learn about this stuff.

I want to convert everything into a usable format like .obj for 3d, .bmp/png/jpg etc for the textures. And I want each model to have the correct positioning data when it's imported. My goal is to have a complete 3D map which could be viewed and explored. I'm not too sure if a PC can handle the entire world loaded, but it probably isn't more than a few tens of millions of polys, in which case it may work. If it's too big for realtime then I could at least do renders.
vlad001 wrote:the bdf's only contain havok files and tpf's, so yes it extracts everything from the bdf's.
i think the flv's can be directly extracted from the dvdbnd0.bdt/bhd5 (or similar); there is a quickbms-script from chrrox which does that.
The dvdbnd0.bdt contains 1352 .flv files, but when I use chrrox's .bdf extractor I end up with thousands more .flver files. So I'm pretty sure they are in the .bdf's.
vlad001
beginner

Post by vlad001 »

Phrexeus wrote:I want to convert everything into a usable format like .obj for 3d, .bmp/png/jpg etc for the textures. And I want each model to have the correct positioning data when it's imported. My goal is to have a complete 3D map which could be viewed and explored. I'm not too sure if a PC can handle the entire world loaded, but it probably isn't more than a few tens of millions of polys, in which case it may work. If it's too big for realtime then I could at least do renders.
this should be fun.
converting textures is no big problem; we only need a dxt1/dxt5 decoder (the one i use is not free unfortunately; maybe google can help here).

having a 3d-map is also my intention. from what i've seen so far this will be a challenge, though. it's not like there is "one complete" world in the data.
for example, you see demon ruins from the catacombs (ever wondered where this hole is? :). but the dr-model used in the c-map is just a "downscaled" (in terms of geometry complexity) version of the real dr-map. so for most map-parts there are actually two or more models, depending for which map it's being used.
also, the illusion quickly breaks down if you zoom out and look at whole map areas ... be warned.

i had the hole geometry without textures in memory once ... obviously the framerate was low even compared to blighttown :)
Phrexeus wrote:The dvdbnd0.bdt contains 1352 .flv files, but when I use chrrox's .bdf extractor I end up with thousands more .flver files. So I'm pretty sure they are in the .bdf's.
i think you confuse the .bdf's with the .bnd's (?) i haven't seen a flv in any of the bdf's *shrug*
off the top of my head:
bdt/bhd5 (with chrrox script) give flv, bdf/bhf, bnd, neo, map, mof, ...
bdf/bhd give hkx, tpf (world textures)
bnd (also with chrrox script?) gives flv+tpf (models+textures of characters, chests, barrels, ... small stuff) and some more non-model stuff
Azraille
ultra-n00b

Post by Azraille »

oh...my...god... that just happened. I've been trying to get the elite knight armor set ripped pretty much since the game launched. I had since tried to recreate it myself and http://i.imgur.com/q534T.jpg is what I got. For the love of everything please tell me that we can get model rips now
vlad001
beginner

Post by vlad001 »

Azraille wrote:For the love of everything please tell me that we can get model rips now
well sort of. the helm piece in the picture looks a little bit damaged. that makes me think i do not understand the mesh data completely. maybe the models need real skinning to look ok.
ss0001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vlad001
beginner

Post by vlad001 »

here the helm piece again:
ss0003.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Azraille
ultra-n00b

Post by Azraille »

wow, well If a model could be extracted I'm sure some editing would clear up any irregularities and such. Though it seems to me at least that it looks terribly different to the in game model for whatever reason
vlad001
beginner

Post by vlad001 »

Azraille wrote:Though it seems to me at least that it looks terribly different to the in game model for whatever reason
you mean color-wise? well, that's because shading in my application is not perfect. to make it look like it's rendered in-game you'd need proper lighting, mix in second diffuse texture, bump-mapping, specular highlight texture, probably tone-mapping and then post-processing like anti-aliasing and dof. personally, i think we won't have that in the near future ...
Azraille
ultra-n00b

Post by Azraille »

not just that but the models themselves seem really low rez, almost as if you got a LOD version
vlad001
beginner

Post by vlad001 »

Azraille wrote:not just that but the models themselves seem really low rez, almost as if you got a LOD version
hm, you are probably right, i will check that.
Azraille
ultra-n00b

Post by Azraille »

have you managed to find the elite knight set yet? I would be interested in seeing that as well
vlad001
beginner

Post by vlad001 »

you were right, i uploaded a picture from a low-res mesh.

edit: i mean, the pic from BEFORE was low-res, THIS attached one should have proper resolution
2012-03-06-220037_698.png
vlad001
beginner

Post by vlad001 »

here are some of the sets: http://imgur.com/a/2iElC
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

vlad001 wrote:here are some of the sets: http://imgur.com/a/2iElC
hey vlad001, i can't find any tools for converting
flv models, you didn't release it yet?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
Azraille
ultra-n00b

Post by Azraille »

I would love you forever if you could either send me exports or tell me how to get them
Eiwo
ultra-n00b

Post by Eiwo »

Vlad, that is amazing!