Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Soul Calibur 5

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Sectus
veteran

Re: Soul Calibur 5

Post by Sectus »

DeathBillZhao wrote:The noesis can open the animation perfectly such as FBX. So I think the motions can be open by the noesis, too. But it seems that we need more work...

Sorry for my poor english...
Can noesis open the animations for SC4? They're in the same format, so if that wasn't possible, it definitely isn't possible with SC5.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

DeathBillZhao wrote:
Sectus wrote:
DeathBillZhao wrote:Thank you very much, Sectus. But how to open the motions use the noesis? I need some help.
I don't think the movesets can be opened with any program.
The noesis can open the animation perfectly such as FBX. So I think the motions can be open by the noesis, too. But it seems that we need more work...

Sorry for my poor english...
First you have to figure out the format of the motion files and then you can make a plugin to export it.
viprtwo
ultra-n00b

Post by viprtwo »

I was totally looking for a topic like this. Thank you.

however, this will be my first time looking into any of this type of information. What do these mods ultimately do to the game?

My understanding is

1. export savegame data from PS3 to computer
2. extract data to CPK files
3. mod the data.
4. Reimport back to your PS3.

is that sound about right?

thanks for your help.
skytoast
n00b

Post by skytoast »

We are not talking about editing savegames here. cpk files are packaged containers that have the binary files for the game itself. Its the contents which are being changed then repackaged then sent back to the game to play on the console, mostly to change features like user created textures, equipments, etc. Most of whats being discussed is on xbox but it'll be similar on PS3.
omgyouredead
ultra-n00b

Post by omgyouredead »

Just registered, been using this place as a resource for awhile. Special thanks to everybody posting in this and the SC4 thread.

I decided today to attempt to bin-shuffle my way into Ezio's style for created characters in SC5. I simply replaced a bin file (2, Maxi's & Voldo's actually) with Ezio's inside motion.cpk, and repacked. This seemed at first glance to have gotten me Ezio's moves out of these characters (and customs based on them), but i notice that Maxi's/Voldo's/custom's B+Y distance attack (Ezio's) is not having any effect on my opponent when I use it, even though it's happening graphically. Also, minor skeleton-visible issues with swapping motion files. Would love some input on this if anybody else has experimented with it, though I do understand that these files are not editable at the moment, so other than crude fileswap there might not be much to say.

Found a youtube video that seems to have accomplished placing Ezio's moves in their entirety onto another character, but I'm guessing it was done in creation.cpk instead of motion.cpk, which would place another game face on Ezio's moves, but still in a non-character-creation-friendly spot.
beginner

Post by 652845095 »

what does it mean? "change the 03 of the character next to D to 2E" no ideas about how to use hxd.....
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

omgyouredead wrote:Just registered, been using this place as a resource for awhile. Special thanks to everybody posting in this and the SC4 thread.

I decided today to attempt to bin-shuffle my way into Ezio's style for created characters in SC5. I simply replaced a bin file (2, Maxi's & Voldo's actually) with Ezio's inside motion.cpk, and repacked. This seemed at first glance to have gotten me Ezio's moves out of these characters (and customs based on them), but i notice that Maxi's/Voldo's/custom's B+Y distance attack (Ezio's) is not having any effect on my opponent when I use it, even though it's happening graphically. Also, minor skeleton-visible issues with swapping motion files. Would love some input on this if anybody else has experimented with it, though I do understand that these files are not editable at the moment, so other than crude fileswap there might not be much to say.

Found a youtube video that seems to have accomplished placing Ezio's moves in their entirety onto another character, but I'm guessing it was done in creation.cpk instead of motion.cpk, which would place another game face on Ezio's moves, but still in a non-character-creation-friendly spot.
An easier way would be to do this via editing the savegame. If you're talking about the video I'm thinking about, that was done via savegame editing. I personally don't know the steps to do that though.
viprtwo
ultra-n00b

Post by viprtwo »

so just to confirm,

In order to swap models, or objects on a PS3, the ps3 needs to be modded too?
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

viprtwo wrote:so just to confirm,

In order to swap models, or objects on a PS3, the ps3 needs to be modded too?
Yes.
khanbot
beginner

Post by khanbot »

hi
is it possible for someone to post a tutorial to get a high quality render from these models in max? Please? :) :D
ineteye
ultra-n00b

Post by ineteye »

Hi! Some one extract weapons or use in Noesis?... Noesis shows errors on weapons....
Kamillho
veteran

Post by Kamillho »

ineteye wrote:Hi! Some one extract weapons or use in Noesis?... Noesis shows errors on weapons....
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpos ... tcount=135
That Typical Guy
ultra-n00b

Post by That Typical Guy »

Heya guys!
So I found this thread after searching for some stuff on how to mod Soul Calibur 5. My question is: How can I extract the Character Voices / Speech Files from the game? I've got the .cpk's and unpacked the voice.cpk but there are tons of .bin files wich Noesis won't recognize and I don't know if xbdecompress can, though I might just be doing it wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
andthen619
beginner

Post by andthen619 »

anyone know how to do mods for this game... saw a bunch of crazy ones here but don't know how to do it
http://ayasuke.exblog.jp/18326596/
http://ayasuke.exblog.jp/18311608/
http://ayasuke.exblog.jp/18483382/
misquared
ultra-n00b

Post by misquared »

Hey guys!

Does anyone have the solo model of Pyrrha Omega? and her Soul weapons? (Shield and Sword)

I'm planning to open them in noesis. But my PC can't take anymore space to accumulate all the characters :(