Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Onechanbara Z Kagura [still WIP]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Sniperello
n00b

Re: Onechanbara Z Kagura [still WIP]

Post by Sniperello »

Its work ! :mrgreen: :dance: :bravo:
Doronetty
advanced

Post by Doronetty »

Howfie, if MDL and TGF file format are similar, may you support also TGF format in your converter - 'cause existing TGF to DAE converter not working with small TGF (like a zombie's armor) and some characters TGF (converting errors appears with no or wrong result DAE)?
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

For what game? Dream C Club Zero?
Doronetty
advanced

Post by Doronetty »

May be DC&DC Zero too, I'm not tested them yet - first I think about Oneechanbara VorteX: I had an idea to dump all characters, enemies et.c. for a long time (I already extracted all textures and all TGF!) but converter "don't like" some TGF files (like a Legion and Misery bosses) :(
rexil
veteran

Post by rexil »

Doronetty wrote:May be DC&DC Zero too, I'm not tested them yet - first I think about Oneechanbara VorteX: I had an idea to dump all characters, enemies et.c. for a long time (I already extracted all textures and all TGF!) but converter "don't like" some TGF files (like a Legion and Misery bosses) :(
I doesn't like hair also :( the available converter don't convert the hair meshes :scaredy:
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

rexil wrote:
Doronetty wrote:May be DC&DC Zero too, I'm not tested them yet - first I think about Oneechanbara VorteX: I had an idea to dump all characters, enemies et.c. for a long time (I already extracted all textures and all TGF!) but converter "don't like" some TGF files (like a Legion and Misery bosses) :(
I doesn't like hair also :( the available converter don't convert the hair meshes :scaredy:
Are u sure? do u mean in Oneechanbara Vortex or the last game? In O. Vortex the hair meshes are set in a separated tgf file if i remember well.
rexil
veteran

Post by rexil »

Ares722 wrote:
rexil wrote:
Are u sure? do u mean in Oneechanbara Vortex or the last game? In O. Vortex the hair meshes are set in a separated tgf file if i remember well.
Vortex, I know they are in a separate file but the exporter don't export the hair meshes :\ ...for me it doesn't.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

I wish I had time to go back to fix Surveyor's code, but I'm still trying to fix this one at the moment. The DAE format and 3DS Max just keep fighting me when it comes to working with multiple skin controllers.
rexil
veteran

Post by rexil »

howfie wrote:I wish I had time to go back to fix Surveyor's code, but I'm still trying to fix this one at the moment. The DAE format and 3DS Max just keep fighting me when it comes to working with multiple skin controllers.
Oh don't worry about that. Kagura models are better anyway, keep up the great work.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

rexil, how did you get the weights from lightwave to 3ds max when you ported over the neptunia model? what export format did you use? seems like lightwave doesn't export weights to DAE.
rexil
veteran

Post by rexil »

howfie wrote:rexil, how did you get the weights from lightwave to 3ds max when you ported over the neptunia model? what export format did you use? seems like lightwave doesn't export weights to DAE.
I didn't find any good way to do that :( , so I rigged her myself.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

anyone know what parameters you have to use to get the normal maps to look good when rendering in 3ds max? not matter what i change, when i apply the normal map and press render, i get some crap that looks like this:

rexil
veteran

Post by rexil »

It's working with the DLC models too (: There's more nice models in the DLC's
Got any luck with the weights?
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

howfie wrote:anyone know what parameters you have to use to get the normal maps to look good when rendering in 3ds max? not matter what i change, when i apply the normal map and press render, i get some crap that looks like this:

mmmm..i need to uprgrade my version of 3dsmax :(.........this type of rendering effects can be caused by diffrent problems.
The first..is that the normal texute need to be scaled in relation to the scale of the model so the correct scale depend from case to case. Then Y need even to check if on of the rgb channel are swapped in the normal map..cuz this can lead to some visalisazion problems. Anyway try to apply a light in the rendering project.
I have max 2010 and generally use the default settings for speed renders, so i prefer to not modify those parameter if not necessary, and decrease the value of the normal map channel directly.

Last edited by Ares722 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

rexil wrote:It's working with the DLC models too (: There's more nice models in the DLC's
Got any luck with the weights?
Unfortunately no. They used lightwave for this game, which has a very different skinning system. In max you must have bones to assign weights. In lightwave you don't.