Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Help file .MSH WYD (With your Destiny)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
maloko
ultra-n00b

Help file .MSH WYD (With your Destiny)

Post by maloko »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: Help file .MSH WYD (With your Destiny)

Post by finale00 »

Four things:

1: if it doesn't load, open the debug log and look at what the vertSize is. I think I captured most of them.
2: I didn't add multiple model loading. Well, that's not very useful until you get the materials loaded anyways.
3: Some of the faces are supposed to be drawn backwards. I don't know how it is determined. There are only 4 unknowns in the format at this moment.
4: if someone tells me the format for the textures I'll add it

The textures are the .wys files.
They are just DDS file except they changed the part that's supposed to tell you which DXT format it uses as well as the idstring from "DDS" to their "WS10". So far it looks like "2z73" is DXT1, "7x0s" is DXT3.

I didn't want to spend more than 15 minutes on the models for tonight so here's what I wrote (noesis plugin):

http://db.tt/iWZEC4zY

Oh, and it doesn't have any idstrings.
I guess I *could* do something like read 8 integers and verify that they are integers and also smaller than a certain value...check that the fourth integer is one of [32, 36, 40, 44, 48], check that the first integer is 0... That might make it more unique.
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

So as I mentioned, the textures are just DDS files except they decided to change the idstring and mess around with the "DXT1/3/5" part.

Though, I think I made it overcomplicated.

http://db.tt/Sc4li3Fd

Anyways ok, so I also find it amusing that the guy's head loads far away from his body. Weird.

Karpati
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Karpati »

I guess I *could* do something like read 8 integers and verify that they are integers and also smaller than a certain value...check that the fourth integer is one of [32, 36, 40, 44, 48], check that the first integer is 0... That might make it more unique.
See the attached file. It is the unique file, because the first bytes are $FFFFFFFF. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

Some of them have 0 as the first integer. I think it's a flag or something.
RonaldinhoR9
n00b

Post by RonaldinhoR9 »

But , how can i edit this textures in photoshop for example, and save back in .wys format?
TGE
veteran

Post by TGE »

RonaldinhoR9 wrote:But , how can i edit this textures in photoshop for example, and save back in .wys format?
I'm pretty sure you can paste in the raw dds data if you know which DXT the texture you want to replace uses
RonaldinhoR9
n00b

Post by RonaldinhoR9 »

How to use that plugins in NOESIS? Just copy/paste them inside plugins folder? Casue the files inside that plugin folder at http://www.himeworks.com/noesis-plugins/ aren't in .dll format.