Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Gu Jian (Chinese Jrpg-style game) Gamebryo 20.6

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: Gu Jian (Chinese Jrpg-style game) Gamebryo 20.6

Post by finale00 »

Not problems.
I just think it's weird that they're showing up as 2D.

Are the games actually 2D games or something?
It's making me think that I'm parsing them wrong.
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

umm well I tested so many games of GameBryo and all of them look are 2D Games and not 3D, the models say all eh but well not sure at all, I have a big collection of GameBryo Games.
Axolotl
advanced

Post by Axolotl »

finale00 wrote:are those models kind of 2D-flat? I've been having that problem with a lot of the newer games...
Hmmm...what do you mean sying that the models are 2D-flat, how 3d model can be 2d? Or i something understand wrong (english is not my native language), the only thing that comes into my mind is models of plant's leaves that is usually planes with a texture and alpha opacity.
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

It's a 3D model, but all of the values for one of the axis are like 0 or something, so it just looks 2D. It's like projecting an object onto one of the planes.
At least, when you start rotating the model, it doesn't look like it's 3D or anything.

I'm looking at it in nifskope and it just looks stupid.
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

Axolotl wrote:
finale00 wrote:are those models kind of 2D-flat? I've been having that problem with a lot of the newer games...
Hmmm...what do you mean sying that the models are 2D-flat, how 3d model can be 2d? Or i something understand wrong (english is not my native language), the only thing that comes into my mind is models of plant's leaves that is usually planes with a texture and alpha opacity.
well is not to much, but maye can help you, with my words can't explain you it :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_computer_graphics
Axolotl
advanced

Post by Axolotl »

finale00 wrote:It's a 3D model, but all of the values for one of the axis are like 0 or something, so it just looks 2D. It's like projecting an object onto one of the planes.
At least, when you start rotating the model, it doesn't look like it's 3D or anything.

Hardly imagine that, bu think that something is wrong, can you show a screenshot? Because the game looks like real 3D in video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hlITLdu ... re=related

CriticalError wrote:well is not to much, but maye can help you, with my words can't explain you it :)

Yea, i know what is 3d graphics, i'm 3D modeller and a bit of anmiator by myself (maybe not a pro)... :P
:)
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

Axolotl wrote:
finale00 wrote:It's a 3D model, but all of the values for one of the axis are like 0 or something, so it just looks 2D. It's like projecting an object onto one of the planes.

Hardly imagine that, bu think that something is wrong, can you show a screenshot? Because the game looks like real 3D in video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hlITLdu ... re=related

CriticalError wrote:well is not to much, but maye can help you, with my words can't explain you it :)

Yea, i know what is 3d graphics, i'm 3D modeller and a bit of anmiator by myself (maybe not a pro)... :P
wow thats is very nice :), grats for it, me i'm not a pro modeler, I do a basic curse and leave it, now I don't remember to much xX here is my license of 3D Studio.

finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

Axolotl wrote: Hardly imagine that, bu think that something is wrong, can you show a screenshot? Because the game looks like real 3D in video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hlITLdu ... re=related
Didn't look at this game in nifskope.
I confused this game with viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8169

Basically in that game, I was using nifskope and it all looked 2D.

When I wrote the parser for this game, all of the vertices were showing the 2D-like models, which is wrong.
Axolotl
advanced

Post by Axolotl »

finale00 wrote: I confused this game with viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8169
Yea, i understand, i also hardly remeber these chinese/korean names (especially when they are in hieroglyphs) :D

CriticalError

Training Courses that's good. Unfortunally in my town there's no such things as professional 3d teachings, if there is some, it's very, very basics. So trying to study by myself. Here some example of my own last work in modelling and animating (it's gif of prerendered sprite, that i made for modding old but still lovely Heroes Of Might And Magic 3
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

Axolotl wrote:
finale00 wrote: I confused this game with viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8169
Yea, i understand, i also hardly remeber these chinese/korean names (especially when they are in hieroglyphs) :D

CriticalError

Training Courses that's good. Unfortunally in my town there's no such things as professional 3d teachings, if there is some, it's very, very basics. So trying to study by myself. Here some example of my own last work in modelling and animating (it's gif of prerendered sprite, that i made for modding old but still lovely Heroes Of Might And Magic 3
ahahaha very cute man, gratz :), yes I get this problems before when trying make some curses, in my town is very small, so when move to city I do it, now I need back with something like this and programming too, I like everything about computers, so I admire many users here, and often one comes asking if things have made ​​contributions previously, including myself, but I do in a bad mood or anything, but recently I'm seeing is that it works with these things, in short, everyone has their reasons, if the only thing is that we were all rookies and will remain in all respects, because knowledge is something you never stop learning, always more and more things to discover, ok thank you very much everyone and take care.