Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by bigBear »

AMG63 wrote:Did you guys all map it from scratch? I cant decide, whether i should or not..
Yes, we mapped them all from scratch.
dodgy
ultra-n00b

Post by dodgy »

What software are you mapping in? It looks like zmodeler. I'm working in C4D without much success on the autovista models. The scaling is wayyyyy out. All the other models are fine to remap.
AMG63
n00b

Post by AMG63 »

I heard that its possible to restore mapping through 3DS Max 2012. As its says on their website, lots of features have been added and updated in UVW Map but i have no clue how to do that. I really hope some of you will come up with some useful ideas!
Bregel
beginner

Post by Bregel »

AMG63 wrote:I heard that its possible to restore mapping through 3DS Max 2012. As its says on their website, lots of features have been added and updated in UVW Map but i have no clue how to do that. I really hope some of you will come up with some useful ideas!
I dont think they can , because this problem occur when exporting. the uv coordinates not placed properly in exported obj. while all 3d program read this obj file.
efrem
ultra-n00b

Post by efrem »

Hello, my name efrem.
I wanted to thank you for what you are making, and work, by real teachers.
I have a question for you: how do I extract the cd fzm4?
with "xbox creator", but 'always wrong.
I have the original CD and also downloaded one but to no avail.
I am converting machines "FZM3" and I'd like to try "FZM4".
Thank you in advance, and sorry for my English.
Combat
ultra-n00b

Post by Combat »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
MMWsmokey
beginner

Post by MMWsmokey »

AMG63 wrote:I heard that its possible to restore mapping through 3DS Max 2012. As its says on their website, lots of features have been added and updated in UVW Map but i have no clue how to do that. I really hope some of you will come up with some useful ideas!
I used zmodeler to fix the mapping on the forza 4 cars i converted .. with the last studio version ernegien posted, it's easy to just select old mapping and fix it from there (only requires some scaling/moving) .. for the bodywork i generated new mapping manually, the lod1 i made in 3ds max from the lod0

if you know how to map in zm2 its not hard really, only takes some time

the last studio ernegien posted essentially exports correct mapping, its just out of proportions .. so you dont really have to create new mapping, only needs to fix it
pawlo922
beginner

Post by pawlo922 »

Autovista model BMW M5 F10. thanks Ernegien
Image Image Image
Bregel
beginner

Post by Bregel »

Fresh from ALMS Pack, still waiting for perfection.
gpfan
beginner

Post by gpfan »

Bregel i will not wask you to share the remaped file from the r18 because i´m a careful reader :) but please, i would like to know how did you fix the uvmap so quick?

I´m working on the 458 GTC and manage to fix it, in 4-5 days, now my question is simple, could you help me on something, your tecnique for instance, what tecnique do you use on 3d max to put everything on place so quick?!

And apart of the textures you can export, from forza, you need to use other to map some missing texture to, am i right? Yes of course..... but my main question is, are you a pro of max or do you have a lot of free/spare time to play with the models?
mus001
n00b

Post by mus001 »

pawlo922 wrote:Autovista model BMW M5 F10. thanks Ernegien
Image Image Image
Is gtr2 or rfactor?

another question please, I'm really struggling with the mapping is that any of you can explain to me how I should go about it

thanks you in advance
AMG63
n00b

Post by AMG63 »

gpfan wrote:Bregel i will not wask you to share the remaped file from the r18 because i´m a careful reader :) but please, i would like to know how did you fix the uvmap so quick?

I´m working on the 458 GTC and manage to fix it, in 4-5 days, now my question is simple, could you help me on something, your tecnique for instance, what tecnique do you use on 3d max to put everything on place so quick?!

And apart of the textures you can export, from forza, you need to use other to map some missing texture to, am i right? Yes of course..... but my main question is, are you a pro of max or do you have a lot of free/spare time to play with the models?
Completely agree with the above. That would help a lot of us here.

@smokey, i know that i can do it manually. Man ,but i dont feel like spending 3 damn days without eating or drinking just to get 1 Autovista model done.
Also, i have found a video explaining all the new stuff that has been added to Max's UV Unwrap. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL6sJA1BWAo
I tried to work with it but showed no results for me.
MMWsmokey
beginner

Post by MMWsmokey »

why no eating and drinking ? i dont follow .. if you dont want to put some work into it, you cant fix it . there is no magic 'fix uv -> done' tool.
wait for ernegien to post a new version then, in case he will ever return ..

and btw, 3 days is a joke. few hours for lod0 and another few hours for cockpit .. back in the day we would've killed to get our hands on quality meshes like these, nowadays all i read is 'bohoo i have to put in work myself wawaa' ..
AMG63
n00b

Post by AMG63 »

MMWsmokey wrote:why no eating and drinking ? i dont follow .. if you dont want to put some work into it, you cant fix it . there is no magic 'fix uv -> done' tool.
wait for ernegien to post a new version then, in case he will ever return ..

and btw, 3 days is a joke. few hours for lod0 and another few hours for cockpit .. back in the day we would've killed to get our hands on quality meshes like these, nowadays all i read is 'bohoo i have to put in work myself wawaa' ..
For your quality of works its a few hours but for me its 3 days. I hope you see the difference in my works.
MMWsmokey
beginner

Post by MMWsmokey »

nope i dont see it, all i see is that you are too lazy to map a model

maybe we can get back to topic now ?

so that everyone understands: only way to fix mapping is manually edit it, or wait for new forza studio.