Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC versions of Dynasty Warriors] How do I get the models?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
otherself
ultra-n00b

[PC versions of Dynasty Warriors] How do I get the models?

Post by otherself »

Hello everyone, sorry for coming and asking for help right away, but, I really don't know how to do this.

I want to get some models from the Dynasty Warriors series. I tried the Dynasty Warriors 7 method on the PS2 versions but it didn't worked on them. Offzip could'nt find much stuff on them (less than 10 valid blocks...) so I tried do this on the PC versions. I was thinking that would be easy to get the models from them, but I was wrong.

Offzip had different results on the PC versions:

Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper - about 7900 valid blocks.
linkdata.bin has - 1.01Gb, while the extracted DAT file has 1.09Gb.

Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Special (aka Dynasty Warriors 5 Special) - offzip seems to work normally, but in the end says error - invalid argument. Then I check the extract file and... instead of getting a DAT file , I get a NEO file. So I say "what"?
linkdata.bin has 2.22Gb, while the extracted NEO file has 47Mb.

Shin Sangoku Musou 5 (aka Dynasty Warriors 6) - same result as PS2 versions...
linkdata.bin has aprox. 1.5Gb, while the extracted DAT file has aprox. 0.5Mb.

Regardless of what offzip extracted, the result on quickbms is always the same - 0. Nothing found, even on DW4 Hyper extracted DAT file.

Due to these facts, I also tried to get them with a printscreen ripper. However, my PC specs are so low that the games would not even boot, but they did, with the help of Swiftshader.
But it seems that Swiftshader affected the results. They are the same for all games.

I could only get something with 3DVIA Printscreen, but even so, the extracted models are flat and without textures. Both 3D Ripper DX and Gameassassin could'nt get anything - when I try to capture the models with them, the games end up closing before the capture is successful.
All of this happens with version 2 of Swiftshader. With version 3, both 3DVIA Printscreen and 3D Ripper DX don't get anything, and with Gameassassin, none of the games would even boot.

So I really don't know what to do. It sucks to be unable to do this on my own so, sorry for the need of help. And also, sorry for all this text. Maybe it wasn't necessary to write all this but...

I aware that there may be errors in the text, because English is not my native language. I apologize for that.

And here is a link with samples of the file linkdata.bin from Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Special. Inside the zip is also the file linkdata.idx.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g9y5bnd7995drls

I will upload the samples from the others games another time.

Well, I think that's enough for a first post, right? Thank you all for this amazing forum!!!

Edit - more samples:

Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper - http://www.mediafire.com/?jpr05pfloep81w5

Shin Sangoku Musou 5 - http://www.mediafire.com/?dpa6amybsp62bbj

Thanks!!!