Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead Island meshes

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Suigintou
ultra-n00b

Dead Island meshes

Post by Suigintou »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Dead Island meshes

Post by mariokart64n »

how'd you extract the files?

i saw they were in a big compressed pack file thing so I gave up. I ended up using GA to capture the models in a Tpose.

the msh file looks easy though, theres alot of header there, probably bone and material info there... then the rest of the file looks like smooth sailing, vertex info/faces

I'm not going to writeup a importer since I've already got the model I wanted :P
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

Wait, so how were the models extracted?
and whats "GA"?
junk angel
veteran

Post by junk angel »

Game assassin.
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

junk angel wrote:Game assassin.
Wow, completely forgot about that...so it works for dead island huh? I could never get it to work for me on anything:(
anno1403
ultra-n00b

mario, how did you you gameassassin to get the models?

Post by anno1403 »

hello mario, this is anno1404.

I downloaded game assassin, an English version and was unable to get it to work despite some good instructions in this forum. how did you get the meshes to work so you could make models? I want to make an index of dead island models like i did for dead rising 1, thanks to your help in the proboards forum.

What is really confusing to me is that you created this model with GameAssassin and game assassin only opens up .vsh and .obj files, which dead island does not use.

mariokart64n wrote:how'd you extract the files?

i saw they were in a big compressed pack file thing so I gave up. I ended up using GA to capture the models in a Tpose.

the msh file looks easy though, theres alot of header there, probably bone and material info there... then the rest of the file looks like smooth sailing, vertex info/faces

I'm not going to writeup a importer since I've already got the model I wanted :P
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

GA is a hooking application like FRAPS, or Texmod. GA isn't meant to open files.

while a game is running GA will attempt to dump geometry passing through the graphics driver.

sometime you get lucky and a Tposed model comes out :D

but as far as mass cataloging models, GA is not the route to take. it would just take too long.

cause the process is like boot GA > boot game > capture > wait 5mins > close everything > import dump into 3dsmax > fix the rip > make it pretty again > WIN
whole thing takes like an hour or more for these current gen games, theres just alot of sorting and fixing.. sometimes it can take a day of fixing :(
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
anno1403
ultra-n00b

thank you so much for responding to fast

Post by anno1403 »

hmmm... thank you so much for responding to fast. I appreciate it very much, have a great weekend!
mariokart64n wrote:GA is a hooking application like FRAPS, or Texmod. GA isn't meant to open files.

while a game is running GA will attempt to dump geometry passing through the graphics driver.

sometime you get lucky and a Tposed model comes out :D

but as far as mass cataloging models, GA is not the route to take. it would just take too long.

cause the process is like boot GA > boot game > capture > wait 5mins > close everything > import dump into 3dsmax > fix the rip > make it pretty again > WIN
whole thing takes like an hour or more for these current gen games, theres just alot of sorting and fixing.. sometimes it can take a day of fixing :(