Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Soul Calibur 4

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Sectus
veteran

Re: Soul Calibur 4

Post by Sectus »

xbdecompress and spd_ex is able to extract all the textures from it. Some textures aren't extracted properly, but since all the other textures are just 2D elements of the CAS creation screen I doubt this is what we're looking for.
midnightfc
ultra-n00b

Post by midnightfc »

Sectus wrote:Ivy is a no, for both 1P and 2P, same thing with Tira. Taki might be possible.
That may be the case with textures, but at the least, it would be nice to increase breast volume just to have big, crazy boobs bouncing around...especially for characters like Ivy & Taki. I used to mod games like KoF MIA and DOAX1 to that effect.
Actually, I'm curious if they've still got her body under the suit. Once her suit is damaged, you can see parts of her body underneath. I looked at her model file, but it was a bit tricky to figure out.
Taki's undamaged state just looks like naked boobs with paint on them. Her damaged states look to be texture tricks and minor additional modeling elements to add the effect of torn clothes. There's definitely no 'clothing layer' on her, like other characters.
WoobiE
ultra-n00b

Post by WoobiE »

Hi guys,

I've been paying attention to the thread for a while now and have gotten the files needed to rig these characters. I do have some questions though. The skin files seem to have a shade over them, this is where the clothing goes. When in the game some characters lose all their gear and only have under garments on. How does the game get the characters to have none of that shade over the skin? I was wondering if there was any thing that we missed that would get us the shadowless skin meshes in 3ds max or any 3d modelling software. Because it seems as though there is a base female and male body with only under garments some where in the game.

I have a image here which I randomly found on the internet, this is what I am trying to achieve:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/979 ... rs-boots-c
khanbot
beginner

Post by khanbot »

Hi!
Just gave this whole thread a good read. Gone through like every post made here lol. Lots of info for a noob. Thanks everyone for them works they'd done so far. :)

I have one small question though. How are you guys testing your works? Are you using a modded/jtag xbox? I want to know how are you guys putting your edited textures back into the xbox iso. And you certainly can't be buring a new DVD everytime you want to test a change you've made, that'd be crazy!!!

I read in a previous page somewhere that they were installing the game to a USB drive. Okay, I can do that. They they said extract iso from that USB to your PC. Need some help/hint this part. And definitely need help on how to put the edited files back to that iso/USB flash drive!!!!

Please any help will be greatly appreciated. possibly from few guys on last 2-3 page(sectus/irishwhip) or anyone else who knows this!

Thanks.
and uh, sorry if this is reviving a dead old thread. I am new here, really really want to try out modding SC4.
ayasuke
ultra-n00b

Post by ayasuke »

Mr.sectus,
Please let me know a password.

http://www.tzarsectus.com/SC4/spdddsinject.exe

Xianghua.Sophitia.Cassandra.screenshot...
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

khanbot wrote:I have one small question though. How are you guys testing your works? Are you using a modded/jtag xbox? I want to know how are you guys putting your edited textures back into the xbox iso. And you certainly can't be buring a new DVD everytime you want to test a change you've made, that'd be crazy!!!

I read in a previous page somewhere that they were installing the game to a USB drive. Okay, I can do that. They they said extract iso from that USB to your PC. Need some help/hint this part. And definitely need help on how to put the edited files back to that iso/USB flash drive!!!!

Please any help will be greatly appreciated. possibly from few guys on last 2-3 page(sectus/irishwhip) or anyone else who knows this!

Thanks.
and uh, sorry if this is reviving a dead old thread. I am new here, really really want to try out modding SC4.
I'm using a jtag for all modding on the xbox. I don't know of any other ways to get the 360 to load modified files.
ayasuke wrote:Mr.sectus,
Please let me know a password.

http://www.tzarsectus.com/SC4/spdddsinject.exe

Xianghua.Sophitia.Cassandra.screenshot...
If you're asking about the rar archives, the password is fluffles
ayasuke
ultra-n00b

Post by ayasuke »

Mr.sectus,
Thank you for the Christmas present. :D
khanbot
beginner

Post by khanbot »

bummer. guess I'll try to find me some jtag. :cry:

I got one more question. I tried to extract from F_NUDE_001_360.spd using spd extractor and it gave two more .spd files, 000.spd and 001.spd
I ran spd extractor again on 000.spd file and I got some textures and obj and stuff, but running it on 001.spd file, the extractor crashes and I get this error in cmd

Code: Select all

File Name : kkk_001.spd
File Size : 507008 bytes.
Entry Count : 18.
Joint Count : 121.
Creating FBX File...
Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at SPD_EX.FBX.convert(List`1 jnts, String fileName, List`1 mMMeshes, Int32 te
xCount)
   at SPD_EX.Program.exSPD(String fileName)
   at SPD_EX.Program.Main(String[] args)
Can someone help me with this one? It is doubtful that file is corrupted, maybe something wrong with extractor but I don't have neither it's source or any coding experience so yea I am stuck. :oops: All help is appreciated much!
Thanks. :)

edit: it seems that file has no textures whatsoever lol. I tried opening 001 file hex workshop and searched for gidx and it found no such entry while it does finds that in 000 file.
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

Yeah, I've never been able to extract those .001 files either. I dunno if there's anything in them at all or if it's just a weird bug with the spd extractor.

If I recall, regcommon.nut has a TON of general textures which is used throughout the game (like the skin textures for CAS), but spd extractor refuses to work with it. However, those files are uncompressed and not encrypted so someone could create a tool for extracting all of the DDS files which are there. I'd do it myself, but I don't know how to translate the header of the game's DDS files.
redman
advanced

Post by redman »

is there an export script for the obj files in the bin container?
khanbot
beginner

Post by khanbot »

has anyone tried modding ps3 version of this game?

I've got a ps3 version and the files looks the same as xbox 360 version, lots of spd files.

but using spd extractor on ps3 version of .spd files just gives a bunch of more spd files, and using spd extractor again of any of those extracted .spd files gives nothing!!

If I rename ps3 .spd files to .nmd files, noesis can open those files with no problems.

Please if anyone can offer any help with ps3 version of this game, please do!

thanks
daydreamdirty
n00b

Post by daydreamdirty »

I was interested in it for awhile and it has been done before, probably most likely by someone over in Japan as if I remember correctly.
Not really interested in it anymore. Also btw, I still think SC4 is better than 5. Tried it a few months ago and turned it back in about a week later. No story and only way to look up the character's bios is online.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Hello everyone!
Can someone tell me, where are textures for base male and female nude SC IV models situated? Any help would be appreciated.
Making model-import scripts, PM
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

zaramot wrote:Hello everyone!
Can someone tell me, where are textures for base male and female nude SC IV models situated? Any help would be appreciated.
If I recall, it's in regcommon.nut
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Thank you very much Sectus! Tell me please, do you know how those textures can be extracted from there?
Making model-import scripts, PM