Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

JPCSP Model Ripping Guide

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

JPCSP Model Ripping Guide

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Good news everyone! I've discovered a way to rip entire model geometries from Birth By Sleep, and from JPCSP games in general, without needing to attenuate for the Y-Axis! To prove it, here is the geometry of Radiant Garden's Outer Gates: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mirro ... a.3399.obj
And this is Castle Oblivion: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mirro ... a.3399.obj

Now for this to work, you need at least 2 GB of RAM and it's recommended you have a decent graphics card.

Step 1: Download JPCSP
Step 2: Download GLXtractor
Step 3: Download JRE6 or 7 and choose that folder's java.exe in GLXtractor
Step 4: Upload your SAVEDATA folder to JPCSP's SAVEDATA folder (JPCSP revisions after r2099 will require Save Game Deemer's decrypted saves)
Step 5: Put your ISO in JPCSP's UMDimages folder and load GLXtractor and then JPCSP
Step 6: Run JPCSP, go to the desired location, and press CTRL+SHIFT+F
The OBJ will be in the JPCSP folder and the textures will be in your My Documents/Xtracted folder

EDIT: In case anyone is still using this guide, please note that it is obsolete, as JPCSP has a built-in model ripping function now. This could be useful for extracting some of the missing textures, but really GLXtractor is completely unnecessary now.
Last edited by Mirrorman95 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: JPCSP Model Ripping Guide

Post by Rimbros »

You rock man, this help a lot to save time.
Renders Art by Rimbros
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn12 ... E/Renders/

Personal Game repository samples, send PM
Friedslick6
advanced

Post by Friedslick6 »

Oh awesome! Thanks for the information, Mirrorman95. This will be very helpful along with some animation hacking.
epopoe
advanced

Post by epopoe »

wht's different using 3d printscreen via
Trishty
advanced

Post by Trishty »

Is it work for every game JPCSP support? I have try with it but i got fail. I use lamb plugin to rip model and JPCSP debugger to get textures. I try rip Fate Extra with lamb and model crash because of bone or animation
viperzerofsx
veteran

Post by viperzerofsx »

does this work with the 64 bit version of JPCSP
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

To answer some questions, neither have I tried this with other games nor with 64 bit JPCSP, but 64 bit JPCSP should still work, and the difference between this and printscreen is that it doesn't output as such a rare format as 3dxml. Since it dropped free DAE conversion support, all that can really convert it is 3DS Max, and it costs a lot. Also, the folks at models-resource told me it doesn't export UVs.
Last edited by Mirrorman95 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viperzerofsx
veteran

Post by viperzerofsx »

thank you I will test it on ace combat
FRANKASTER
ultra-n00b

Post by FRANKASTER »

Mirrorman95 wrote:To answer some questions, neither have I tried this with other games nor with 64 bit JPCSP, but 64 bit JPCSP should still work, and the difference between this and printscreen is that it doesn't output as such a rare format as 3dxml. Since it dropped free DAE conversion support, all that can really convert it is 3DS Max, and it costs a lot. Also, the folks at models-resource told me it doesn't export UVs.
which one dosen't import uv's printscreen (which never worked with me) or your method... and do you have a recommended jpcsp gfx settings because i still got 0KB .obj files
(tryng to rip stuff from mgs peacwalker and portable ops and kratos from soul calibur.)

It might also be good to know the os used xp,vista,7?

i tried again changed sattings and still got that empty .obj file
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

FRANKASTER wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote:To answer some questions, neither have I tried this with other games nor with 64 bit JPCSP, but 64 bit JPCSP should still work, and the difference between this and printscreen is that it doesn't output as such a rare format as 3dxml. Since it dropped free DAE conversion support, all that can really convert it is 3DS Max, and it costs a lot. Also, the folks at models-resource told me it doesn't export UVs.
which one dosen't import uv's printscreen (which never worked with me) or your method... and do you have a recommended jpcsp gfx settings because i still got 0KB .obj files
(tryng to rip stuff from mgs peacwalker and portable ops and kratos from soul calibur.)

It might also be good to know the os used xp,vista,7?

i tried again changed sattings and still got that empty .obj file
This method is the one that doesn't output UVs.
I don't know what your OS and graphics settings are, but I use a 500GB 2011 iMac with 4 GB of RAM running JPCSP r2099 x86 under Bootcamp Windows 7.
If you need to figure out what graphics card you should get, I recommend http://www.hwcompare.com/5545/geforce-9 ... n-hd-6750/ .
FRANKASTER
ultra-n00b

Post by FRANKASTER »

well thanks icpu is win 7 32 bit, geforce 250 gts and 6gb on ram
anyways... since im a noob i don't know how to uv stuff so i'll continue working
with lamb psp plugin, still is amazing that the ripping from the emulator is possible
whatever rips uv' or not, because dragon is done with that thing and he won't developing it anymore, shame becuase the uv's are pretty cool, but supports few games but is better than nothing.
peace walker models!
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

ha ha ha the lady on the right looks like she went to the wrong doctor for a hair transplant lol!
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

FRANKASTER wrote:well thanks icpu is win 7 32 bit, geforce 250 gts and 6gb on ram
anyways... since im a noob i don't know how to uv stuff so i'll continue working
with lamb psp plugin, still is amazing that the ripping from the emulator is possible
whatever rips uv' or not, because dragon is done with that thing and he won't developing it anymore, shame becuase the uv's are pretty cool, but supports few games but is better than nothing.
peace walker models!
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 4lggq9.png
I never got lamb plugin to work. Does it only allow 2000 and 3000?
FRANKASTER
ultra-n00b

Post by FRANKASTER »

Mirrorman95 wrote: I never got lamb plugin to work. Does it only allow 2000 and 3000?
i don't think i have tried it on a 1000, but on my 2000 (cfw 5.5o gen d3) and 3000 6.36 LME 9.7 works fine, but game support is limited, i wish i could code stuff like that because i really wanted a kratos model
Friedslick6
advanced

Post by Friedslick6 »

Aren't there methods to copy the UVs from one model to another? Assuming the two have identical model structures.