Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Extracting Xbox 360 game files

Read or post any tutorial related to file format analysis for modding purposes.
Arxel
n00b

Extracting Xbox 360 game files

Post by Arxel »

Hi!

Ok, it's time for noob question - I can see a lot of bms scripts for unpacking X360 files, but my question is how can I get those files - do I need to have some sort of connector console-pc? I ask my friend to put x360 game into PC dvd and there was viedeo and aduio folders only (I don't have working dvd right now so I'm not able to check it myself).

I tried to find answer on forum but no effect..

Thanks in advance for help :)
Marky
beginner

Re: Extracting Xbox 360 game files

Post by Marky »

yeah am pretty much a noob here. And sorry if this is my first post and not searched. Any help on this would be great or a point in the right direction!
Marky
beginner

Post by Marky »

Yeah am still totally stuck on this too. I just can't seem to find anything that will allow me to read xbox discs and get the files....
protosk8
advanced

Post by protosk8 »

Theres stuff like Xbox360 iso extract and Xbox backup creator.
I'd recommend backup creator one because it lets you pick which file you want to extract. iso extract one takes out all files and most of the time you wont need them all, also might take longer. :3
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

I always use PowerISO to get the iso off the disc, then use Xbox 360 ISO EXTRACT which extracts the files from the iso :)
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

I'm trying to do some trial and error stuff to learn how to do this, and I'm clearly missing something. I've been messing around with Exiso and PowerISO, but that still isn't doing anything for me beyond access files viewable to Windows. Could someone point me in the right direction in terms of tutorial or the obvious fact I'm missing?
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Protocol X27 wrote:I'm trying to do some trial and error stuff to learn how to do this, and I'm clearly missing something. I've been messing around with Exiso and PowerISO, but that still isn't doing anything for me beyond access files viewable to Windows. Could someone point me in the right direction in terms of tutorial or the obvious fact I'm missing?
Noesis does the job automatically, just pick up the file from you window browser.
michalss

Post by michalss »

Darko wrote:
Protocol X27 wrote:I'm trying to do some trial and error stuff to learn how to do this, and I'm clearly missing something. I've been messing around with Exiso and PowerISO, but that still isn't doing anything for me beyond access files viewable to Windows. Could someone point me in the right direction in terms of tutorial or the obvious fact I'm missing?
Noesis does the job automatically, just pick up the file from you window browser.

Well remommaned you to use Xbox Backup Creator latest version, because old one does not supprot XD3 games, such as Skyrim, etc.... All others are pretty much usless, i did not try latest Exiso, but it could also work well. I dont know what is PowerISO for, but surelly does no work with X360 format!
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Post by Dinoguy1000 »

PowerISO is a generic disk ripping tool; if your disk drive can read a disk, PowerISO can rip it, irrespective of the disk's format.
Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki | Discord

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please report the post - a mod or admin will handle it from there.
michalss

Post by michalss »

Dinoguy1000 wrote:PowerISO is a generic disk ripping tool; if your disk drive can read a disk, PowerISO can rip it, irrespective of the disk's format.
Only proper tool to rip, read X360 games is Xbox Backup Creator for sure. Special if we talking about XD3 g.

piratesephiroth
beginner

Post by piratesephiroth »

you can't dump original x360 games from a normal DVD drive anyway
michalss

Post by michalss »

piratesephiroth wrote:you can't dump original x360 games from a normal DVD drive anyway
Yes correct it is require Benq or Lite-On drive with modded FW 0800....

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

michalss wrote:
piratesephiroth wrote:you can't dump original x360 games from a normal DVD drive anyway
Thanks for everyone jumping in. I think the quoted facts are the ones I was missing, so is Benq a hardware or software solution? I'm trying to assess if I can do this with minimal hardware changes, since I haven't done hardware mods in almost a decade for a console and would prefer not to mess with my PC either (if possible).
michalss

Post by michalss »

Protocol X27 wrote:
michalss wrote:
Thanks for everyone jumping in. I think the quoted facts are the ones I was missing, so is Benq a hardware or software solution? I'm trying to assess if I can do this with minimal hardware changes, since I haven't done hardware mods in almost a decade for a console and would prefer not to mess with my PC either (if possible).

You need Benq DVD drive from X360 and flash it with modded firmware what is call 0800. There is no any other method how to dump X360 dvd's! And i bet it wont ever be. I'm doing this for almost 7 years, so trust me, there is not other way. And of course you need Xbox Backup Creator latest with XD3 game support. However x360 scene is on the crossroad right now...

chrrox

Post by chrrox »

The #1 easy way to extract xbox games.
buy a usb thumb drive that is atleast 8gb
format it as an xbox memory card
install the game onto that drive from the xbox
plug it into the pc
use http://digiex.net/downloads/download-ce ... lorer.html
to copy the files off your usb stick
then use http://digiex.net/downloads/download-ce ... erter.html
to convert it to an xbox iso
then you can extract the xbox iso with any program that supports it.