Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

L4D/Alien Swarm/Portal 2/Dino D-Day/CS:GO .vfont

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
SiPlus
ultra-n00b

L4D/Alien Swarm/Portal 2/Dino D-Day/CS:GO .vfont

Post by SiPlus »

Does anybody have specifications of Valve's font format used in Source engine games after The Orange Box? There is public\BitmapFontFile.h file in ASw sources, but it tells me nothing because I don't see the header in any .vfont file, and the fonts do not appear to be ICE-encrypted, because there's no encryption key in Alien Swarm, and when I decrypt them in L4D2, I get nothing useful.
snv
n00b

Re: L4D/Alien Swarm/Portal 2/Dino D-Day/CS:GO .vfont

Post by snv »

Half Life 2 source code was leaked some time ago. It probably contains font handling code.
snv
n00b

Post by snv »

"Recently the online world has been set ablaze by a Vietnamese beta tester who leaked the source code for Valve’s upcoming Dota 2 and as expected enthusiasts all around the world are picking its bones dry like vultures and in the process they revealed a code snippet that suggests Valve might be working on Half Life Episode 3."
SiPlus
ultra-n00b

Post by SiPlus »

snv wrote:Half Life 2 source code was leaked some time ago. It probably contains font handling code.
HL2 was leaked in 2003, when .ttf fonts were still used, .vfont's were introduced in 2008 in Left 4 Dead.
snv wrote:they revealed a code snippet that suggests Valve might be working on Half Life Episode 3."
They revealed only file names in directory structure. The files were most likely removed from the CBT after the leak.
snv
n00b

Post by snv »

SiPlus wrote:
snv wrote:they revealed a code snippet that suggests Valve might be working on Half Life Episode 3."
They revealed only file names in directory structure. The files were most likely removed from the CBT after the leak.
Dont be a retard. Leaked code includes
<link removed due forum rules violation>
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

snv wrote:
SiPlus wrote:
Dont be a retard. Leaked code includes
src/utils/vfont/vfont.cpp
src/utils/vfont/vfont.vpc
src/utils/vfont/vfont_decompiler.cpp
src/utils/vfont/vfont_decompiler.vpc
src/utils/vfxc/vfxc.cpp
src/utils/vfxc/vfxc.h
src/utils/vfxc/vfxc.vpc
Don't be rude.
Click the thanks button if I helped!