Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

L.A. Noire

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
McGregor II
beginner

Re: L.A. Noire

Post by McGregor II »

flatz wrote:
McGregor II wrote: You're awesome bro but can anyone post script for Maincontent file?
You don't need it. Just simply use SKIDROW crack which already contains uncompressed and decrypted files.
I downloaded it but after unpack I have few files and some ypatcher.exe which after executing it shows me "Runtime error 216 at 00403F5C". Should uninstall the game, run this ypatcher then install the game again?
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

flatz wrote:Can this be also use for X360? Please please make it compatible with X360...
Will be made later. Keep in mind, this is still an alpha version.
michalss wrote:thank you all. Now we need to open. SGES
We don't need it because my script can unpack compressed data (SEGS).
michalss

Post by michalss »

flatz wrote: Will be made later. Keep in mind, this is still an alpha version.
That is great, also would be able to make packer as well later on ?
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

McGregor II wrote:I downloaded it but after unpack I have few files and some ypatcher.exe which after executing it shows me "Runtime error 216 at 00403F5C". Should uninstall the game, run this ypatcher then install the game again?
I can't say anything about it because I downloaded a torrent release with already decrypted files. I didn't do anything manually.
michalss wrote: That is great, also would be able to make packer as well later on ?
In the process. I don't have a much time. There are some little stuff that I still not understand.
McGregor II
beginner

Post by McGregor II »

flatz wrote:
McGregor II wrote:I downloaded it but after unpack I have few files and some ypatcher.exe which after executing it shows me "Runtime error 216 at 00403F5C". Should uninstall the game, run this ypatcher then install the game again?
I can't say anything about it because I downloaded a torrent release with already decrypted files. I didn't do anything manually.
michalss wrote: That is great, also would be able to make packer as well later on ?
In the process. I don't have a much time. There are some little stuff that I still not understand.
Could you upload them to some server like rapidshare and post the link? I will be very grateful :)
lUIGUIPIETRO
veteran

Post by lUIGUIPIETRO »

flatz wrote: We don't need it because my script can unpack compressed data (SEGS).
... but I do not know to use it. is also the problem of language barriers do not understand much,...
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

McGregor II wrote:Could you upload them to some server like rapidshare and post the link? I will be very grateful :)
I did it already. :) To run the script, you need to install Python 2.7.
flatz wrote:And here is my alpha version of .big unpacker for PS3/PC version.
http://pastebin.com/MucRkpht

Some .atb's mind stuff. I think they have a hierarchial structure and contains different types of blocks.
http://pastebin.com/HMJhvKLS
McGregor II
beginner

Post by McGregor II »

flatz wrote:
McGregor II wrote:Could you upload them to some server like rapidshare and post the link? I will be very grateful :)
I did it already. :) To run the script, you need to install Python 2.7.
flatz wrote:And here is my alpha version of .big unpacker for PS3/PC version.
http://pastebin.com/MucRkpht

Some .atb's mind stuff. I think they have a hierarchial structure and contains different types of blocks.
http://pastebin.com/HMJhvKLS

You mean this atb link? If yes, how am I suppose to use it? It's just some text.
lUIGUIPIETRO
veteran

Post by lUIGUIPIETRO »

... I can not make it work. This is new for me
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

McGregor II wrote:You mean this atb link? If yes, how am I suppose to use it? It's just some text.
No, I don't. There are two links: first is the script that I mean, second is collection of my thoughts about ATB file structure. You should use the first link.
McGregor II
beginner

Post by McGregor II »

flatz wrote:
McGregor II wrote:You mean this atb link? If yes, how am I suppose to use it? It's just some text.
No, I don't. There are two links: first is the script that I mean, second is collection of my thoughts about ATB file structure. You should use the first link.
And it will unpack Maindata file? I tried and it didn't work.

I forgot, it shows me error in command "import" in argument 3 in line 1. BTW I asked for unpacked by skidrow files not a script for quickbms.
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

Here are steps needed to unpack cases.big.pc:
1) Install Python 2.7 from http://python.org/ftp/python/2.7.2/python-2.7.2.msi to C:\Python27, for example.
2) Download the my script and place it to: C:\tmp
3) Launch the command line and change the working directory to: C:\tmp
4) Then launch: python unpack_big.py C:\Games\L.A.Noire\final\pc\cases.big.pc > result.txt
After that you will get uncompressed files from cases.big.pc in the 'entries' folder. Besides, you can get unstructured files from some archives, for example, reftextures_populated.big.pc.
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

McGregor II wrote:And it will unpack Maindata file? I tried and it didn't work.
Just forget about Maindata, etc. As I said before after applying the SKIDROW crack you will get all needed files in the 'final' folder.
McGregor II
beginner

Post by McGregor II »

flatz wrote:
McGregor II wrote:And it will unpack Maindata file? I tried and it didn't work.
Just forget about Maindata, etc. As I said before after applying the SKIDROW crack you will get all needed files in the 'final' folder.
And how can I edit them?
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

McGregor II wrote:And how can I edit them?
Sorry, but editing is still not supported. It will take some time to research the repacking process. I don't have much time to do it for now. Just wait a bit.