Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

netKar Pro...

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
CodeWrestler
ultra-n00b

netKar Pro...

Post by CodeWrestler »

Has anybody analyzed netKar Pro's file format perhaps?

Apparently Ferrari Virtual Academy is based on netKar Pro and I am interested in the tracks as they have been laser scanned.

Thanks.
marcocale
ultra-n00b

Re: netKar Pro...

Post by marcocale »

I'm also interested if someone could help me with the .nko files in netKar.
I'm trying to open a track to make some modification, not to cross port on other simulators.

Thank You

Marco
Mas
ultra-n00b

Post by Mas »

CodeWrestler wrote:Has anybody analyzed netKar Pro's file format perhaps?

Apparently Ferrari Virtual Academy is based on netKar Pro and I am interested in the tracks as they have been laser scanned.
Yeah it uses the same engine. I've had a look at the file formats:

Ferrari Virtual Academy, seems similar to netKar PRO's .nko format (although tbh I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at :P):

Also here's the unencrypted format (.kto) netKar PRO also uses:

I'd like to be able to port over tracks between the different formats, as some older versions of nKPro only support the nko format.

P.S. forgot to mention, I've tried Watto's game extractor, & with the FVA archive it extracts only the textures, & with the NKO files nothing.
Mas
ultra-n00b

Post by Mas »

Appears it's indeed possible (that's FVA content in nKPro): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fkQOHEkLBk&
marcocale
ultra-n00b

Post by marcocale »

I'm also still interested in extracting .nko and .fva files.
At the moment I'm trying to oper the Ferrari Virtual Academy .car files, mainly the 458 Challenge.
I was able to manually extract the textures, but no idea how to do with other files.

Is there someone that can help me, or that can write a MexScript???

If needed I can provide some files to work on.

Thank You

Marco
Mas
ultra-n00b

Post by Mas »

I've talked to kegetys (the person who originally converted from FVA), he's not willing to share what he did, & probably won't release any tools that allow you to which's fair enough :) He's opened the nko files in nKPro as well (what you originally wanted):

The 458's definitely possible convertible as choasbiker showed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPOSmJct6J8

& he has also converted the F10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QamvmfBdsVg

I dunno who the guy is though, his name seems familiar, but I'm not sure from where.
marcocale
ultra-n00b

Post by marcocale »

Mas wrote:I've talked to kegetys (the person who originally converted from FVA), he's not willing to share what he did, ......

Yes I know, that's the reason I was asking here.

Nevertheless I'm not interested in converting or hacking FVA content into netkar to distribute it. I totally agree with kegetys position.
I'm just curious to see if it's possible to make the FVA cars using the correct physics in netkar or if people was able only to convert the 3D and was forced to use the physic of an existing netkar car.
Nevertheless at the moment not for me a top priority topic :)
marcocale
ultra-n00b

Post by marcocale »

Mas wrote:
CodeWrestler wrote: ....

P.S. forgot to mention, I've tried Watto's game extractor, & with the FVA archive it extracts only the textures, & with the NKO files nothing.
Sorry to come back on a very old thread, but how did you extracted textures from FVA files with Game Extractor. I tried, but was non able to do.... Thank You