Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

L.A. Noire

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
michalss

Re: L.A. Noire

Post by michalss »

kramla wrote:PS: I've got some scripts and templates to unpack and edit the archives, so if there will be big interest I can put them here. But not for now, I promised to keep it for myself, until the game translation in our country will be finished and I'm also right now in big time pressure, co I can't translate them all and write sufficient guide (So yes, i was able to change the game text :-) ).
That would be great. Waiting for it so long :)
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
huckleberrypie
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by huckleberrypie »

michalss wrote:
kramla wrote:PS: I've got some scripts and templates to unpack and edit the archives, so if there will be big interest I can put them here. But not for now, I promised to keep it for myself, until the game translation in our country will be finished and I'm also right now in big time pressure, co I can't translate them all and write sufficient guide (So yes, i was able to change the game text :-) ).
So does this mean that we can now edit textures and stuff ingame? I'd like to put some lulzy billboards instead of the Cola King crap.
McGregor II
beginner

Post by McGregor II »

Awesome! As soon as you will be able to give this scripts, please, do it. You're not the only one who wants to translate this awesome game :)

P.S. What language are you translating into?
qabRieL
veteran

Post by qabRieL »

Believe me mate, there are lots of people here wants to translate the game...
michalss

Post by michalss »

McGregor II wrote:
Awesome! As soon as you will be able to give this scripts, please, do it. You're not the only one who wants to translate this awesome game :)

P.S. What language are you translating into?

He is doing CZ lang :) We know each other kinda :)

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

what other types of modding is possible besides translation and texture replacement?
huckleberrypie
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by huckleberrypie »

odrin wrote:what other types of modding is possible besides translation and texture replacement?
Models and sound mods, perhaps. If only that we can crack the former.
Sartr0n
advanced

Post by Sartr0n »

Any chance for Unpacker/Re-packer for the PC version?

There are many fans of this game who want to translate it but for now i see that no one is working to create a tool(s) so the game archives can be opened normally and the text, textures can be translated/edited. :(

I read all the pages in this thread and nothing about the PC version (a way to open the game archives or something)

Respect all the guys here in XeNTaX for their work and for helping us and i'll wait if someone can help us (the PC modders/translators) to translate the game.

Thanks in advance.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

apparently that kramla guy had something, but he left and isn't answering any pms. i assume he's busy translating.

seriously, do you get money for a translation or something? why does everyone want to do it? i'd rather edit the game itself. model replacements, textures, etc.
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

I wrote Python scripts for unpacking PC/PS3 WADs and BIGs. And I will try to write scripts for packing it now. It'll take some time. Also we need a tool working with attribute files (ATB), I have some progress in this direction too.
huckleberrypie
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by huckleberrypie »

flatz wrote:I wrote Python scripts for unpacking PC/PS3 WADs and BIGs. And I will try to write scripts for packing it now. It'll take some time. Also we need a tool working with attribute files (ATB), I have some progress in this direction too.
Cool! Will it have a GUI or something for those who prefer to tinker stuff in a pinch?
michalss

Post by michalss »

flatz wrote:I wrote Python scripts for unpacking PC/PS3 WADs and BIGs. And I will try to write scripts for packing it now. It'll take some time. Also we need a tool working with attribute files (ATB), I have some progress in this direction too.

Great :) - Can you please implement also X360 version :) Thx - I'm dying to do it on X360 as well for ppl.

lUIGUIPIETRO
veteran

Post by lUIGUIPIETRO »

Great work, looking forward
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

flatz wrote:Cool! Will it have a GUI or something for those who prefer to tinker stuff in a pinch?
Yes, it will. For example, a simple GUI wrapper for these scripts.
huckleberrypie wrote:Great - Can you please implement also X360 version Thx - I'm dying to do it on X360 as well for ppl
Yes, I can but not now because there are other things that need to be implemented.
michalss

Post by michalss »

flatz wrote: Yes, I can but not now because there are other things that need to be implemented.
That is great news mate. Dont need any gui or something, just to make text repackable. Let me know if you need example files from X360 version later on, i will post them ASAP :)

Thx again