Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

L.A. Noire

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
McGregor II
beginner

Re: L.A. Noire

Post by McGregor II »

huckleberrypie wrote:The HyperRipper tool works on the big.pc files, too. If it does use Blowfish then how come I managed to get the audio off the archives intact?
Could you give us a link? I can't find it on google (it keeps showing me Dragon unpacker instead of this and unfortunately DU is not working for this files, at least on my PC).
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

it comes with dragon unpacker. what you do it open the file and it'll automatically switch to hyperirpper, after which you select all the files and attempt to rip them. it'll recognize some things like dds files and audio.
huckleberrypie
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by huckleberrypie »

Audio.big contains most of the ambient effects. The Cases archive has some of the more juicier content. Might make a soundboard off this... :D
kramla
beginner

Post by kramla »

Problem are not big files in final/pc folder. Some contain compressed files (they are segmented - they can be uncompressed by using offzip - the main table is in the end of file, in xbox they use xbox lzx), some are not compressed (but also segmented), but main problem are files maincontent (it contains out.wad.pc and mouse.txt), cases (cases.big.pc) and dlc in main game folder (these files also contains text from game (i managed to get text from these files in xbox version)), and these files are encrypted by blowfish (i am 75% sure), i managed to get main.dll for gameshield from game exe, but i failed in getting the password out.
michalss

Post by michalss »

kramla wrote:Problem are not big files in final/pc folder. Some contain compressed files (they are segmented - they can be uncompressed by using offzip - the main table is in the end of file, in xbox they use xbox lzx), some are not compressed (but also segmented), but main problem are files maincontent (it contains out.wad.pc and mouse.txt), cases (cases.big.pc) and dlc in main game folder (these files also contains text from game (i managed to get text from these files in xbox version)), and these files are encrypted by blowfish (i am 75% sure), i managed to get main.dll for gameshield from game exe, but i failed in getting the password out.
Thats does not sounds good at all, however would you be able to put the translated text back to X360 version at least, if PC is out of question right now?
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
mnn
advanced

Post by mnn »

michalss: Well that could be possible, but people would need to use hacked consoles.
kramla
beginner

Post by kramla »

Ha, as i heard new warez release from Skidrow has solved our problem, it comes with decrypted files from game, that we need to be able to edit game (for example translate) :-)
huckleberrypie
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by huckleberrypie »

kramla wrote:Ha, as i heard new warez release from Skidrow has solved our problem, it comes with decrypted files from game, that we need to be able to edit game (for example translate) :-)
Lol, really? Are the main binary/exe files decrypted, or did they decrypt the packages as well?
michalss

Post by michalss »

mnn wrote:michalss: Well that could be possible, but people would need to use hacked consoles.
So ? Normal X360 user got 2 consoles :) 1-JTAG/hacked and 2-Original Live :)
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
huckleberrypie
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by huckleberrypie »

michalss wrote:
mnn wrote:michalss: Well that could be possible, but people would need to use hacked consoles.
So ? Normal X360 user got 2 consoles :) 1-JTAG/hacked and 2-Original Live :)
Which is likely to be so, considering an average Live user's financial standing, and their desire to mod things.
mnn
advanced

Post by mnn »

Still, I think that's not "as usual" as pirated game on PC :)
kramla
beginner

Post by kramla »

huckleberrypie wrote:
kramla wrote:Ha, as i heard new warez release from Skidrow has solved our problem, it comes with decrypted files from game, that we need to be able to edit game (for example translate) :-)
Lol, really? Are the main binary/exe files decrypted, or did they decrypt the packages as well?
They decrypted also the archives from files cases, maincontent and dlc and they inserted them into final/pc folder, where they belong. So translation is now possible.
kramla
beginner

Post by kramla »

PS: I've got some scripts and templates to unpack and edit the archives, so if there will be big interest I can put them here. But not for now, I promised to keep it for myself, until the game translation in our country will be finished and I'm also right now in big time pressure, co I can't translate them all and write sufficient guide (So yes, i was able to change the game text :-) ).
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

kramala, do you see file responsible for changing character outfit? could send it over? thanks.
huckleberrypie
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by huckleberrypie »

What about the models and texture files? I'd be interested in shooping, or having someone shoop Cole and his buddies' face textures as the ones that came with it were low-rez.