Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by Ernegien »

So are they exporting correctly now or do you think there's some form of scale being applied to them as well? I'm also only exporting the first of two texture coordinates, any ideas what the second would be used for?
MMWsmokey
beginner

Post by MMWsmokey »

they do not export correctly. toolieo has edited the mapping manually.

the mapping seems to be 'intact' but the scaling is messed up/doesnt match on most parts (refer to the pictures i posted)
Bregel
beginner

Post by Bregel »

MMWsmokey wrote:they do not export correctly. toolieo has edited the mapping manually.

the mapping seems to be 'intact' but the scaling is messed up/doesnt match on most parts (refer to the pictures i posted)
yes, he did it with guidance from livery mask. What about other part which is no livery mask?
Still need some adjustment.
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

sadly for me UV map doesnt work correct

ImageImage
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

Ernegien wrote:So are they exporting correctly now or do you think there's some form of scale being applied to them as well? I'm also only exporting the first of two texture coordinates, any ideas what the second would be used for?
Scale and position are the ones that are missing. My images I have shown is using the proper UV displaying but me manually editing the scale and moving them into correct positions.

Second UV I would say is bump mapping, I have seen quite a lot of bump maps. Specially for interiors, the interiors use more bump mapping for different leathers etc.

Bregel wrote:
MMWsmokey wrote: What about other part which is no livery mask?

Same thing, if you look at the shape of the UV you can just scale and move manually. It will fit if you take your time. I remapped car lights and such, infact I was thinking of remapping a whole car just so show.
Bregel
beginner

Post by Bregel »

toolieo wrote:Same thing, if you look at the shape of the UV you can just scale and move manually. It will fit if you take your time. I remapped car lights and such, infact I was thinking of remapping a whole car just so show.
well, for now its ok to do what you did. But its a lot easier and save time if uv map placed where they should be like the old one. Remapping is another different story and yes you good at it like what you have done in fm3 cars to s2u, I have some of them. :-)
matt55
beginner

Post by matt55 »

Can someone tell me where can I find Autovista models? I also found that in not every car you can open LOD0 model I got problems with F50 cockpit lod0, I got error: "you slipped one past goalie, please check the error log for more information." I know that it will be fixed but in F40 everything opens so I was just surprised :).
Bregel
beginner

Post by Bregel »

matt55 wrote:Can someone tell me where can I find Autovista models? I also found that in not every car you can open LOD0 model I got problems with F50 cockpit lod0, I got error: "you slipped one past goalie, please check the error log for more information." I know that it will be fixed but in F40 everything opens so I was just surprised :).
There are 26 autovista model, including 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha and 2554 Fictional M12 FAV Warthog, most of them are in disc 2.
AirOne
beginner

Post by AirOne »

toolieo wrote: Second UV I would say is bump mapping, I have seen quite a lot of bump maps. Specially for interiors, the interiors use more bump mapping for different leathers etc.
I don't think same object may have two mapping coordinates at the same time, even if it is for two different maps (i.e. coordinates A,B,C for diffuse and X,Y,Z for specular). But looking at first coordinates for placement and second for scale factor may be a possibility. A bit weird but why not?
AirOne
beginner

Post by AirOne »

Bregel wrote:
matt55 wrote:Can someone tell me where can I find Autovista models? I also found that in not every car you can open LOD0 model I got problems with F50 cockpit lod0, I got error: "you slipped one past goalie, please check the error log for more information." I know that it will be fixed but in F40 everything opens so I was just surprised :).
There are 26 autovista model, including 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha and 2554 Fictional M12 FAV Warthog, most of them are in disc 2.
There is one more Autovista model hidden into FM4 standard car pack (Ferrari 412, if I remember, I have to check).
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

AirOne wrote:I don't think same object may have two mapping coordinates at the same time..
same object may have 2 uv layers, even 99 uv layers.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
430scud
beginner

Post by 430scud »

Hi guys:)

Only a question:

Is there a Forza Studio for FM4 or is it still in development?
If it's in development... go on:D
I want to say thank you for FM3 Studio! It helped me to make renders for myself!!!
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by bigBear »

430scud wrote:Hi guys:)

Only a question:

Is there a Forza Studio for FM4 or is it still in development?
If it's in development... go on:D
I want to say thank you for FM3 Studio! It helped me to make renders for myself!!!
Most stupid post ever.
Go read previous pages.
And please, use a bed instead of sleeping under a rock.
430scud
beginner

Post by 430scud »

i meant in my post that the cars from fm4 are mapped... so it isn't a final forza studio for fm4 cars.
Next time don't be so cheeky. I only said, that i am thankful for Fm3 Studio.
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by bigBear »

430scud wrote:i meant in my post that the cars from fm4 are mapped... so it isn't a final forza studio for fm4 cars.
Next time don't be so cheeky. I only said, that i am thankful for Fm3 Studio.
You asked if there is Forza Studio for FM4.
Yes, there is.

So a pretty pointless question, don't you think?