Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Fairy Bloom Freesia models/animations

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RandomRipper
n00b

Fairy Bloom Freesia models/animations

Post by RandomRipper »

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to ask if anyone here would be able to write a converter or script to unpack/import the game's models/animations to a common 3d software package. I looked around the internet and couldn't find any information on the formats used in this game, but they look pretty simple (ie. the mesh data is written in plain text). I just don't know how to write a converter myself.

The game's assets are inside simple uncompressed container files, with the index at the start. The index looks simple, with the filename, hex address and file size for each file. The textures are in DDS format. I've uploaded the container file that has models/textures/animations, and also a few character model/animation files that I pulled out using a hex editor.
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/ChY6 ... qr4uHCbAuF

Here's an image of the models from the game:
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Fairy Bloom Freesia models/animations

Post by howfie »

I've seen that file format before; I think finale00 posted a game archive that used that strange textfile-like format before. I will put it on my todo list.
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

well a new update of this game, anyway all files in 1 package :S animations,textures and mesh o_O

http://edelweiss.skr.jp/works/fbfreesia/index.html
RandomRipper
n00b

Post by RandomRipper »

howfie wrote:I've seen that file format before; I think finale00 posted a game archive that used that strange textfile-like format before. I will put it on my todo list.
Thanks :D The files I uploaded are from version 1.05, which should be the latest.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

I am currently working on it now. Pretty easy format. These developers are either nice or stupid because they could cut down the size of their model files by 75% if they switched to binary instead of text. Are the TGP files in the demo the same as the ones in the full version?
RandomRipper
n00b

Post by RandomRipper »

Thanks for the update. I get the impression that most Japanese PC games just leave files in their original format. The demo's TGP files are a lot smaller, so they probably only contain what's used in the demo. By the way, this game is a really great platformer/beat'em up. It starts out slow, but gets much better. The animations, sounds, special effects, etc. are all done very well.

Here's a list of what I've found in each archive:
0000.tgp = Sounds, effects and interface. Sound is OGG, interface is DDS/PNG. I can't tell what format the effects are in. Didn't see a header or any text. The effects are fully 3d and the color of them seems to be defined either by texture (in some cases), or in the effect file. There's one general font in PNG format, but the color gradient for the font is separate from the font table.
0001.tgp = Game script data. Unknown format. The scripts should contain stuff like the story mode dialogue/scenes, character/animation/attack properties, effect triggers and also the menu/interface text that isn't in the executable. I can't seem to find those things anywhere else.
0010.tgp = Character/enemy models, animations, poses (?), textures, eye/mouth textures, facial animation, etc. Weapons are attached to the character models. Model and animation data are in plain text. Textures in DDS. Eye info, facial animation and poses are in small, unknown formats. It's likely that each byte corresponds to position, texture number or frame, but I haven't touched it.
01xx.tgp = Stage data (models, DDS textures).
020x.tgp = Story mode character art (DDS).
025x/026x.tgp = Story mode environment art (PNG).
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Put exe in same directory where all TGP files are.
Must have Visual Studio 2010 redistributables installed.
It will extract all files from the TGP archives.
Then it will scan all subdirectories for MDL files and process them into LS files.
Program puts LS files in same directory as MDL files.
Run LS files in LightWave.
Manually apply textures (sorry, no bones or animations, don't have time to finish this... going to disappear for a few months to finish thesis due in December).
Laterz everyone!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by howfie on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

source for those who care.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

wow thats cool howfie, thanks a lot for great contribution man

PD: well I try import it and don't have luck, this is the error.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

what are the steps that you take to run it? what version of LW are you running to?
does it work on the demo files but not on the full version files?
i can make a video if you like.
RandomRipper
n00b

Post by RandomRipper »

I didn't realise you were so busy, howfie. Thanks for your hard work, and good luck with your thesis!
If anyone would like to do the bones/animation, please do :D
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

howfie wrote:what are the steps that you take to run it? what version of LW are you running to?
does it work on the demo files but not on the full version files?
i can make a video if you like.
well yes my mistake, I use full files, about program I use 3D Studio Max 9, it's possible make tool for get OBJ files? because I don't have VS or VB for write it now, and honestly i'm not good compiling x_X
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

next game i do i will do OBJ as well; seems easy enough.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

RandomRipper
n00b

Post by RandomRipper »

I tried using Lightwave demo version but it only imported a small part of the meshes I tried it on. Probably a limitation of the demo version.
To be honest, I'd also prefer it as OBJ or FBX. I don't want to bug you about it, though.