Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

(PS2) Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4 .CVM

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
DarkScion
veteran

(PS2) Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4 .CVM

Post by DarkScion »

Hey,
I have several PS2 .CVM files I need to extract, but I can't find anything on how to do this. I spent hours searching the internet for an extractor or other such tool, but I found nothing. Can someone give me a hand? I have tried ISObuster, at the advice of some websites, but it doesn't work for certain games. This file contains the models and data I need to work with, so if anyone can help me get past this obstacle, that would be great. I would post the .CVMs online for people to look at, but they are 550 MB in size, and uploading them wouldn't work.
Thanks,
DarkScion
Gromber
advanced

Re: PS2 .CVM archive extraction

Post by Gromber »

youngmark
veteran

Post by youngmark »

Each CVM[ROFS] has different version.
What's the Name of the Game?
NecessAndAry
n00b

DELETED

Post by NecessAndAry »

DELETED
Last edited by NecessAndAry on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vash
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Vash »

just use ultraiso or winrar. If it doesn't work it's encrypted
DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion »

The game is called Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4... Sorry I didn't respond earlier, for some reason I wasn't recieving notifications of replies in my email. I will check out the link you mentioned, and see if it works.
Thanks,
DarkScion

EDIT:
The CVMs are newer than that program, and are encrypted. The program doesn't work for encrypted CVMs... There must be a program for converting newer .CVM files...
Vash
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Vash »

Unfortunately, as far as I know, no one ever cracked the CVM TOC Encryption
ameneko
advanced

Post by ameneko »

I have a work around solution for the encrypted TOC problem in newer ROFS files. I wanted to do some work on Virtual On:MARZ for PS2 but it has one of these encrypted TOC, what a pain. So I ran the game in PCSX2 and made a save state after things got running. I opened the state(they are zip files) and pulled the eeMemory.bin out and opened it in a hex editor. I looked around until I found something that looks like a TOC, naturally the game needs it unencrypted in RAM for it to be used. I found the TOC data but was unable to inject it in to the CVM file properly so I just worked out the entry data, which is very simple, and wrote a really shitty ripper for it. This is definitely working on ROFSROFSBLD Ver.1.43 2002-11-26 files. I didn't take the time to figure out how to tell how many files there are, I just let my crappy ripper run until it reads null entry data after the TOC and then quit. The entry format looks like this:

Code: Select all

dword size in bytes
dword null
dword offset	(mult by 0x800 then add 0x1800 to get real offset)
short unk
char *filename	(null padded, not sure how much to pad. I just read until null then read the padding until !null then seek back 1byte)
alon
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by alon »

ameneko wrote:I have a work around solution for the encrypted TOC problem in newer ROFS files. I wanted to do some work on Virtual On:MARZ for PS2 but it has one of these encrypted TOC, what a pain. So I ran the game in PCSX2 and made a save state after things got running. I opened the state(they are zip files) and pulled the eeMemory.bin out and opened it in a hex editor. I looked around until I found something that looks like a TOC, naturally the game needs it unencrypted in RAM for it to be used. I found the TOC data but was unable to inject it in to the CVM file properly so I just worked out the entry data, which is very simple, and wrote a really shitty ripper for it. This is definitely working on ROFSROFSBLD Ver.1.43 2002-11-26 files. I didn't take the time to figure out how to tell how many files there are, I just let my crappy ripper run until it reads null entry data after the TOC and then quit. The entry format looks like this:

Code: Select all

dword size in bytes
dword null
dword offset	(mult by 0x800 then add 0x1800 to get real offset)
short unk
char *filename	(null padded, not sure how much to pad. I just read until null then read the padding until !null then seek back 1byte)
Hi, ameneko
I want to rip the model from the Dennou Senki Virtual-On: Marz PS2[SLPM-65303].
I have a question for you.
Could you show me how this eeMemory.bin file works?
If possible, can you make a bms script to unpacked eeMemory.bin file? or unpack tool ...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kkaidock3 ... eMemory.7z
Thanks for your time
oathkeeper9918
beginner

Post by oathkeeper9918 »

I've been using Apache 3 for .cvm files. It's worked with Tales of the Abyss, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, and Catherine.
alon
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by alon »

oathkeeper9918 wrote:I've been using Apache 3 for .cvm files. It's worked with Tales of the Abyss, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, and Catherine.
It's impossible to open CMV.
DOTAPRINCE
veteran

Post by DOTAPRINCE »

How do I extract Naruto Ultimate ninja 5 data.cvm?

It's possible to extract them by changing the format to .iso and cutting off some data with hex editor.
Worked with persona 4 and persona 3 fes, but didn't work for naruto ultimate ninja 5.
ameneko
advanced

Post by ameneko »

Some, not all, CVM have an encrypted table of contents. My workaround is for those files. I should note that my math is not quite right for calculating the final offset and I'll update as soon as I remember what I did exactly :) As for a script/tool to automate it; I could write one to handle the work of extracting once you have the unencrypted TOC or something to patch the TOC into the CVM to make a proper ISO out of it in some cases. I'm not sure that you can automate extracting the unencrypted TOC from the eeMemory.bin and I'm not really interested in doing so. When I get a chance I suppose I can write up some decent instructions on how to do this manually with a hex editor, it isn't difficult.
ddkram
ultra-n00b

Post by ddkram »

I would like to extract the video+audio files from Sakura Wars on PS2, but it uses a encrypted CVM file, has anyone figured out a way on how to do this ? i did have a look at the TOC in eeMemory.bin and try to calculate the address's but i had no luck (either i messed up or have misunderstood the method or maybe that method doesn't work for this game) here is a picture of my eeMemory.bin TOC of the file i want to extract highlighted in black
MiLØ
veteran

Post by MiLØ »

ddkram wrote:I would like to extract the video+audio files from Sakura Wars on PS2
That Sakura Wars game is made by Sega Wow Overworks, who used CVM container for all their PS2 games.
And just like in other cases some of them are encrypted while others are not. Shinobi (PS2) for example was non-encrypted and can be oped with Ultra iso, while its sequel Kunoichi was encrypted.