Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by bigBear »

mcboom2007 wrote:Ok. Then everything is clear Thank you!
I wanted to know one more thing: Do not open files of the wheels, rotors and brakes. Forza Studio gives an error.
No problem :)

And yes, I am aware of that error.
Forza Studio has been developed only for main lod0.
So the other parts, (wheels, rims, rotors, brakes and lod1-5) are still unknown to FS.
AirOne
beginner

Post by AirOne »

Did you know if pivot points for doors, hood and trunk are stored into car_skeleton.gr2 or car_animations.gr2?
With Granny Viewer I can see these are granny2.dll v2.8.40.0 files, refering to an original MAX file (confirmed into versiondata.xml).
By the way no more weired vertex into Max when importing OBJ directly, that's good news!
AirOne
beginner

Post by AirOne »

toolieo wrote:@Ernegien: Will your Forza Studio use the scale of the models to the same size as FM3 models? Or will it export the new size FM4 uses? :]
FM4 models are at right scale (1 unit in max = 1 meter), don't try to use same scale than FM3 models.
You may now correctly place wheels on X and Y axis using PartPosZ and PartPosX into slt file included in db directory, as you can see here:
Right front wheel on 97' Lexus SC300 (car number 1351 into slt file) should be positionned at X -0.786 and Y -1,413.
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by bigBear »

AirOne,

can you be more specific about the program you are using?
It is hardley to understand it.
Did you made that program yourself or is downloadable?
AirOne
beginner

Post by AirOne »

Datas about rims placement and tire sizes are stored into *.slt tables in the 'db' directory, which include for each car lot of settings for the game.
You may easily check them using a SQL viewer/editor.
Previous version of Forza Extractor (7.9.10) didn't get correct scale for model, but last beta (10.7.11) export at good size, because when you move the whells from exact coordinates stored into the table, they perfectlly fit on X and Y axis.
But apparently, they must be somewhere too in this table the scale information for the rims, because for this Lexus rim extracted with Forza Studio is too small.
I will check on some models and try to extract an XLS sheet with informations needed for rims and tires (but nope about autovista animations, which seems enclosed into *.gr2 files).
By the way I hope future version of Forza Studio will be able to open both FM3 and FM4 models at this actual right scale!
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

what about tyre model position and scale?

Great thing about know where to look for car data info, however I wonder if there is information about gear ratios or torque curve. I found many other data informations for example 0-60, 0-100mph, top speed, displacement, weight distribution, curb weight
AirOne
beginner

Post by AirOne »

I have to check, but I remember when looking for this in FM3, that tires size where stored in format like 240x35x17 somewhere... I will have a look on this this week-end.
AirOne
beginner

Post by AirOne »

OK, I've found them.
Everything for setup tires and rims is stored in "Data_Car".
Check columns "MediaName", "FrontTireWidthMM", "FrontTireAspect", "FrontWheelDiameterIN", "RearTireWidthMM", "RearTireAspect" and "RearWheelDiameterIN".
For Ford Fairlane '64, you get 205x70x15 front and 235x70x15 rear.
For Ferrerari 458 Challenge '11, you get 255x35x19 front and 305x35x19 rear.
And so on.
AirOne
beginner

Post by AirOne »

Data_Car attached for Launch Bonus - VIP - American Muscle Car Pack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by bigBear »

AirOne,

would you please upload the American Muscle DLC?
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

indeed there is something like that. thanks:) Im still looking for torque curves and gear ratios.

if u move rim and tyre for example like u posted: Right front wheel on 97' Lexus SC300 (car number 1351 into slt file) should be positionned at X -0.786 and Y -1,413.
tyre wont fit the rim, they need some resize I think
AMG63
n00b

Post by AMG63 »

Im putting all my hopes to see updates this weekend
AirOne
beginner

Post by AirOne »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
matt55
beginner

Post by matt55 »

I see a very nice progress here :). Now I know how can I perfectly set wheels and brakes. I hope that in future Forza Studio will open such data when we import the car then the wheels should appear in correct place.
MMWsmokey
beginner

Post by MMWsmokey »

Im looking forward to fixed UV mapping in forza studio more than everything at this moment. and of course support for more carbin's. I hope ernegien is not too busy this weekend :)

Btw, personally I dont think its a big deal to place wheels and brakes manually, but i do think the research that is being done here is very good indeed. :up: