Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Diablo III .app

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
MrRawr
beginner

Re: Diablo III .app

Post by MrRawr »

Almost done will all the gams. Will be moving over to this area soonish :)
BoyC
beginner

Post by BoyC »

MrRawr wrote:Almost done will all the gams. Will be moving over to this area soonish :)
Great, the current script can be found at http://diablo3dev.com/w/Models, I basically have the format architectually covered, at least I didn't find any models yet that have unexplored sections - the data in them is a completely different matter tho ;)
MrRawr
beginner

Post by MrRawr »

I noticed a few mistakes in some of your earlier stuff, it didn't matter for what you wanted to do (but it did to me) I've not fixed it on your script yet as I was focusing on a different area. I'll ofc upload the bits I changed when I get onto this tomorrow (most likely tomorrow)!

:)
BoyC
beginner

Post by BoyC »

MrRawr wrote:I noticed a few mistakes in some of your earlier stuff, it didn't matter for what you wanted to do (but it did to me) I've not fixed it on your script yet as I was focusing on a different area. I'll ofc upload the bits I changed when I get onto this tomorrow (most likely tomorrow)!

:)
Finally someone to work with :)
MrRawr
beginner

Post by MrRawr »

still working on other things, fell ill yesterday :( I'll be along soon though :)
BoyC
beginner

Post by BoyC »

MrRawr wrote:still working on other things, fell ill yesterday :( I'll be along soon though :)
Yeah battling the flu myself :\
Dsummit
ultra-n00b

Post by Dsummit »

Sorry for the stupid question, but I don't get how you create the wavefront object file from the 010 template text output.

Great job by the way and thanks for sharing this!

Edit - Sorry figured that stuff was commented out. Still doesn't seems to work in DE but I'll play around with it.
npd2006
beginner

Post by npd2006 »

No one say anything for a long time :(
Monguron
advanced

Post by Monguron »

Hello Guys!

I've just received the link to this forum, and I'm very glad to see that some hardcore guys are working on the extraction of Diablo3 models from the client.

What's the status now, how can I help?

Greetings,
Monguron
Diablo3 dataminers!
Keep up the good work guys!
npd2006
beginner

Post by npd2006 »

Currently BoyC and MrRawr made a 010 editor template which use for extract obj model from .app files.
You can see source code here.
http://diablo3dev.com/w/Models

This template can extract most of .app without problem, accept for the character model, because it contains multiple mesh. So, we should have an multiple mesh exporter to control exporting.
Monguron
advanced

Post by Monguron »

Currently BoyC and MrRawr made a 010 editor template which use for extract obj model from .app files.
Ye it's nice. So the item models + textures can be extracted already. Am I right?

The hard task will be to write an app as a wow model viewer, which is able to put the correct size of the armors / weapons onto the chosen characters (barb, wizard, etc...).
because it contains multiple mesh. So, we should have an multiple mesh exporter to control exporting.
Do we know already how the meshes are linked together? I mean with which method?
Diablo3 dataminers!
npd2006
beginner

Post by npd2006 »

Ye it's nice. So the item models + textures can be extracted already. Am I right?
Yes, right.

The exporter just can translate from .app file to .obj model. It succeeded with object and weapon but with the character, just 1 file .app contains all armor of a character.
It is an example, you can see.

The exporter now is just a 010 editor template, not a tool yet. We use 010 to compile .app to obj file. You can start develop it to a model viewer
Do we know already how the meshes are linked together? I mean with which method?
You can ask BoyC for the algorism. I am just a user and tester. But if you need any files to test I can give you.
Monguron
advanced

Post by Monguron »

The exporter just can translate from .app file to .obj model.
Cool. Is the texture contained in the .obj file as well, or is it in a separate .mat file, or in any other?
The exporter now is just a 010 editor template, not a tool yet. We use 010 to compile .app to obj file. You can start develop it to a model viewer
I'm not a professional, but my aim is to write a simple model viewer first in Away3D framework, so it can run under Adobe Flash.

What it should know:

- load the selected .obj file (character / item / etc)
- you can rotate the item
- you can zoom in / out

This would be the first basic version.
Diablo3 dataminers!
npd2006
beginner

Post by npd2006 »

Cool. Is the texture contained in the .obj file as well, or is it in a separate .mat file, or in any other?
The texture files are the files .TEX, which can be exported by using the tool call D3TexConv. You can download it here
http://diablo3dev.com/w/D3TexConv
I'm not a professional, but my aim is to write a simple model viewer first in Away3D framework, so it can run under Adobe Flash.
Use whatever you can. I am appreciate that!
Monguron
advanced

Post by Monguron »

So it's sure, that we will have all the models in .obj + .tex files.

I'm just asking, cause Away 3D supports almost all major model formats (3ds, dae, obj, etc...), but Alternativa3D supports only .dae (collada) files.
Diablo3 dataminers!