Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

BIGFILE.000 - Deus Ex Human Revolution Unpack

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
mnn
advanced

Re: BIGFILE.000 - Deus Ex Human Revolution Unpack

Post by mnn »

JPulowski: No idea, but most likely not.
DDC
ultra-n00b

Post by DDC »

has anyone managed to get any of the character models into a 3d package like maya or 3ds max?
Rick

Post by Rick »

I figured out the names. :)

Code: Select all

xenon-w\design_database\videos\cinematics\final_cinematics\cut_22_epilogue\english\epilogue.usm
(Note the 'english\' before the file name)

In your case it's probably:

Code: Select all

xenon-w\design_database\videos\cinematics\final_cinematics\cut_22_epilogue\russian\epilogue.usm
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

Oh gj :] It is a pity under Xbox360 isn't present emulator.
GrundyTheGolem
ultra-n00b

Post by GrundyTheGolem »

I've made some progress on the render meshes stored in the DRM packages.

Revolver ammo

Peps ammo

Nutrient jar

Beer bottle

I'm still working on the triangle order and I haven't found the UV coordinate data yet though. The offsets aren't consistent in each mesh file but I haven't found an offset that is stored in the mesh itself yet.
Rick

Post by Rick »

GrundyTheGolem wrote:I've made some progress on the render meshes stored in the DRM packages.

I'm still working on the triangle order and I haven't found the UV coordinate data yet though. The offsets aren't consistent in each mesh file but I haven't found an offset that is stored in the mesh itself yet.
Pointers in sections are managed by each section's resolver data, so they're typically 0xEBEBEBEB by default in the file data.

Look at section.Resolver.LocalDataResolvers / section.Resolver.RemoteDataResolvers.

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

New Fname found. PC, XBOX

xenon-w\imf\imf_props\imf_furniture\imf_bed\bed_zhao_a\bed_zhao_a.drm

pc-w\imf\imf_props\imf_furniture\imf_bed\bed_zhao_a\bed_zhao_a.drm
Rick

Post by Rick »

Ekey wrote:New Fname found. PC, XBOX

xenon-w\imf\imf_props\imf_furniture\imf_bed\bed_zhao_a\bed_zhao_a.drm

pc-w\imf\imf_props\imf_furniture\imf_bed\bed_zhao_a\bed_zhao_a.drm
Thanks, I saw your mail but forgot to merge it in. :)

lapdragon
beginner

Post by lapdragon »

Rick, I just downloaded and compiled a copy of rev 70, but Visual C# spat out a half-dozen errors like this:
dx3_rev70_error.png
The following solution folders were all "unavailable":
Deus Ex 3
Tomb Raider 8
Misc
Games
Engine

After compiling it, I ended up with a bin_dx3 and bin_tr8 folder - it did compile tho, but I've not tried unpacking with it.

Additionally, the Solution this time is named "Crystal Dynamics", instead of er.. whatever it used to be named :-)

You probably know all this already, lol... but I figured that I should speak up just in case you didn't.

ps. are we supposed to get these warnings?
deusex3\trunk\Gibbed.DeusEx3.FileFormats\DRM\Resolver.cs(82,17): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
deusex3\trunk\Gibbed.DeusEx3.FileFormats\DRMFile.cs(87,17): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
deusex3\trunk\Gibbed.DeusEx3.FileFormats\DRM\SectionHeader.cs(92,13): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
deusex3\trunk\NDesk.Options\Options.cs(707,14): warning CS0618: 'NDesk.Options.OptionSet.GetOptionForName(string)' is obsolete: 'Use KeyedCollection.this[string]'

I always get both of them - this build had these three "unreachable code" errors and I always get the Obsolete string error with each build.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick

Post by Rick »

lapdragon wrote:Rick, I just downloaded and compiled a copy of rev 70,

(snip)
Express doesn't support solution folders yes, that's normal and shouldn't cause any issues other than not being there.

The solution did get renamed (check the commit history). I'm planning on eventually migrating the repo to crystaldynamics (vs deusex3) in the future.

Those warnings are normal (debug code throwing exceptions before real code for testing purposes).

sephiroth99
ultra-n00b

Post by sephiroth99 »

Hello all, newbie here :)

Rick, I saw you started to add support for TR8 in your project. I dunno if you know about UnpackTRU. If you do, forget about this message! If not, check it out here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=142318 It was made by Dusan and is able to extract quite a few objects from the different files used by the CDC engine in TR8. The source is available too.

I know there may be some important differences between TR8 and DEHR (in the drm files for example) but maybe it could help (I hope it will!)
Rick

Post by Rick »

I'm aware of it, it's not 'real' support, I'm only writing some tools so I can compare data against DX3.

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

Rick check mail :wink:
sephiroth99 wrote:Hello all, newbie here :)

Rick, I saw you started to add support for TR8 in your project. I dunno if you know about UnpackTRU. If you do, forget about this message! If not, check it out here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=142318 It was made by Dusan and is able to extract quite a few objects from the different files used by the CDC engine in TR8. The source is available too.

I know there may be some important differences between TR8 and DEHR (in the drm files for example) but maybe it could help (I hope it will!)
For TRU left 2 files. build_number and unknown DRM (size 74 bytes). I think this two files not used in game. Need PS or XBOX version for check. Thanks for link. Added for collection :)
GrundyTheGolem
ultra-n00b

Post by GrundyTheGolem »

Rick wrote:Pointers in sections are managed by each section's resolver data, so they're typically 0xEBEBEBEB by default in the file data.

Look at section.Resolver.LocalDataResolvers / section.Resolver.RemoteDataResolvers.
The mesh files do have 0xEBEBEBEB at the very beginning. I was ignoring this data since it appears to be the same in each mesh file. This is supposed to be offset information? Is section.Resolver.LocalDataResolvers a file inside bigfile?
viperman3
ultra-n00b

Post by viperman3 »

When I run Gibbed.DeusEx3.RebuildFileLists.exe I always get "Could not detect install path."
As a result, the BIGFILE.000 gets unpacked as "unknown"

What am I missing here? I've tried the .bat files and same issue. How can I set the install path for this (I've got the xbox360 version)

Thanks