Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Sa3ana3a
ultra-n00b

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by Sa3ana3a »

Good day gentlemans,

Me and a friend of mine are doing some research here and we would be happy if you help us with these:

We have put the game in smaller files using QuickBMS and Knyazev instructions. We have decrypted and play a bit with the Physics.cpr and GamePC.cpr.
We have opened the car .bnk files with hex editor looking for power and speed values, but uncertain results, could somebody tell us exact value or at least point us to the right direction.

Also what is the new number of Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, did somebody was able to map it from the gold bomb mission?

Thank you for your kind help!
Signature.
Knyazev
advanced

Post by Knyazev »

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
ID: 269
Xarlith
beginner

Post by Xarlith »

Could someone re-upload exe for generating filelist.log? Old links are dead.

I found many new bnks filenames for polish language version (by unpacking bins and comparing them with ru bnks), but now I can't match more.
AndyShow
ultra-n00b

Post by AndyShow »

i'm Modified Mustang and the Beetle rim, too the engine Sound, and nothing for bug or error,I work with cars mods for the game GTA4, anyone know how to package a file BNK? i can modifies the engine? How? thanks,and sorry for my bad english. :)

see my YOUTUBE video with the rim and sound modding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGQIPIdyzhI
Graty
ultra-n00b

Post by Graty »

Hello!
Could someone tell me please how to convert the 2DB file in dds file?
I opened the files 2DB with Total Commander using gaup_pro.wcx plugin...
" Click on the 2db file then Control+Page Down... then I copied the dds file outside from 2db file.
But I can not open dds files in 3d max or in Photoshop.
In photoshop for example I got the error "Could not complete your request because of a disk error"
In 3d max I got this error "Invalid Image File Header"
I tried to open 2db with "TDUModdingTools-1.2" and save it as dds but even so it does not work.
I searched for "2DB To DDS Converter" but I can't find nowhere....
Thanks in advance !
I would like to thank vagos21... and others, shows that he likes making this things.
I think you see numbers" 2817,513,0,3074...... 01 00 74..." with eyes closed :D. I know the feeling
I've modded some games but light stuff no hard stuff like you. And it's not easy to work with so many numbers...
Why not try to make a game !? Make a team with 4 or 5 people and voila... would be the century game!
I try to do something in unity 3d but it is very difficult for one man, especially the script parts where to schedule the game...

A pleasant day for all!
Graty
ultra-n00b

Post by Graty »

Graty wrote:Hello!
Could someone tell me please how to convert the 2DB file in dds file?
I opened the files 2DB with Total Commander using gaup_pro.wcx plugin...
" Click on the 2db file then Control+Page Down... then I copied the dds file outside from 2db file.
But I can not open dds files in 3d max or in Photoshop.
In photoshop for example I got the error "Could not complete your request because of a disk error"
In 3d max I got this error "Invalid Image File Header"
I tried to open 2db with "TDUModdingTools-1.2" and save it as dds but even so it does not work.
I searched for "2DB To DDS Converter" but I can't find nowhere....
Thanks in advance !
I would like to thank vagos21... and others, shows that he likes making this things.
I think you see numbers" 2817,513,0,3074...... 01 00 74..." with eyes closed :D. I know the feeling
I've modded some games but light stuff no hard stuff like you. And it's not easy to work with so many numbers...
Why not try to make a game !? Make a team with 4 or 5 people and voila... would be the century game!
I try to do something in unity 3d but it is very difficult for one man, especially the script parts where to schedule the game...

A pleasant day for all!
Re: for those who want to draw textures from 2db, with PTXTool_21b can save 2db as BMP or TGA with alpha....
then, with this plugin for Photoshop, you can open TGA and save as dds "DXT5"

Only better!
tomsolo
beginner

Post by tomsolo »

Hello,

I'm play unpacked game with hxd :) , and succesfully replace any challenge with a custom crc track.

Create new races (time-trials, normal races with bots), and bomb missions: jolt, driving, and convoy misssions (driving, timed, extreme - with any car), and: multiplayer challenges. The latter was successfully tested with friends - need shared with the files to work - was very funny (replace Dangeroute with a 40km lenght track) . (I don't really understand why it was left out of these options in the game.)

I started writing a tutorial - a bit complicated, but not much harder than replacing the id of cars in memory :P - when I finished it and here is somebody who is interested, i will publish here too.
Xarlith
beginner

Post by Xarlith »

Great job, we would be interested in your tutorial.
Do you do this in CE, or what?

No one wanted to help me with polish filelist, but i managed to accomplish it by myself and now I'm having fun with bnk's. I was able to modify engine sounds, images (such as car plate) and music within bnk files - so it's possible to write a repacker. Maybe if I could find a willingness I would try to write it...
tomsolo
beginner

Post by tomsolo »

Thx Xarlith, the polished filelist.log interesting for me. :)

On this weekend be here few screenshot - how to save the crc trck as IGE2 file.

And here is two sample file, just extraxt and replace with the unpacked game files in IG2 folder.

rsa2t08.ig2 - This a modified Oahu A3-A2 licens Racing School track (8. Circuit) file, - replace time trial with hard race task.

rmz1ra08.ig2 - This a modified Oahu Multiplayer Challenge : Dangeroute track, only play TEST RUN - the program freeze in start if two player have different track in one challenge - or Create Private Mach and invite your friend who also has this modified ig2 file too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomsolo
beginner

Post by tomsolo »

Im trying build and add new bomb missions - but is very difficult because the main database file (data.cpr) an xmb file - binary xml format (like android binary xml file in apk) - and not simple task parsing.
Xarlith
beginner

Post by Xarlith »

@tomsolo It's not polished filelist, but filelist with support for Polish language files :keke: . I made a mistake because I should write it with a capital letter.

Here is the file, maybe someone will need it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomsolo
beginner

Post by tomsolo »

Impressive list thanx! :) 131 files left - 22 KNAB file.
Speeder
n00b

Post by Speeder »

TDU2 database isn't hard to edit at all.

You can edit club level, options, clothes, paints...

Some example of clothes editing:
tomsolo
beginner

Post by tomsolo »

Speeder wrote:TDU2 database isn't hard to edit at all.

You can edit club level, options, clothes, paints...
Hmm... you don't want share for us a file such modified data_db.cpr? (Or send as PM?) :)
For example, the Spyker C8, let have a valid car for Pc and waiting for me in the European Cars salon? :)
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

I personally want to get into "db_data.cpr" but when using TDUDec it won't work. Anyone got ideas? Or is there something I am missing?