Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

BIGFILE.000 - Deus Ex Human Revolution Unpack

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
thattrunkmonkey
ultra-n00b

Re: BIGFILE.000 - Deus Ex Human Revolution Unpack

Post by thattrunkmonkey »

Alright, so I've unpacked everything, and I've really got to thank you for helping me with that.
Now, there's a different problem (it's probably just me). Most of the files are .drm files, and from what I've searched, .drm files are music files? How exactly are textures and stuff stored like that?
And how am I supposed to open them?
abadjpyo
n00b

Post by abadjpyo »

wutup satanic claus! anywho its real simple FIRST: make sure you hex edit the bigfile without the numbers (the 1.41 gb file!) the one that is not bigfile 000, 001 or 002, when in there simple find, ctrl f() and put fortify, etc. the offset for fortify is : 41622560 on mine, it begins there, HOWEVER! in order to modify the upgrades you need to press F3 or next to go to the particular upgrades just press F3 and it will take you to:
SharedTextures\Icons\Augmentations\Upgrades\icon_hacking_fortify_level_1
for example!
Eilarais
ultra-n00b

Post by Eilarais »

Rick wrote:No difference, why?
Just wanted to be sure since it's on Steam and there's no going back once you've updated. I haven't heard of any plans to lock down the packfiles, but it's been known to happen.
Eilarais
ultra-n00b

Post by Eilarais »

BTW, I found one minor thing: There's a time limit in the first mission where if you amble around the office long enough, the hostages will be killed in the warehouse. If you're a rabid completionist (like me) and this bugs you, the fix is in s_scn_det_sarif_industries_part01_det_sarif_industries.drm:

These offsets should be changed from 00 00 61 43 to 00 00 E1 44:
0xBE470
0xBE474
0xBE4B0
0xBE4B4

These offsets should be changed from 00 00 E1 43 to 00 00 61 45:
0xBE490
0xBE494
0xBE4D0
0xBE4D4
0xBE530
0xBE534

Offsets are for the compressed .drm file, no need to decompress it. If you don't see what you expect at that location, just search for float values of 225 and 450 and change them to 1800 and 3600.

Congratulations, you now have 2 hours of wandering around the office before being bothered!
Satan Claus
ultra-n00b

Post by Satan Claus »

abadjpyo wrote:make sure you hex edit the bigfile without the numbers (the 1.41 gb file!) the one that is not bigfile 000, 001 or 002, when in there simple find, ctrl f() and put fortify, etc. the offset for fortify is : 41622560 on mine, it begins there,
for example!
Hi! I find that string myself already, but it stored in bigfile.000 (globalplayerinfo.drm) for me :eek:
But thank you for the point , always good to compare results. Now its a time to find proper values :)
Teryal5532
beginner

Post by Teryal5532 »

I lost my whole day to try to find the text files and the textures but i don't find nothing.

I will ask again ->

Where (in which archive) are the text files and where are the textures stored?

Thanks in advance.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Text is in bigfile_Language, textures are in bigfile.
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
lapdragon
beginner

Post by lapdragon »

thattrunkmonkey wrote:Alright, so I've unpacked everything, and I've really got to thank you for helping me with that.
Now, there's a different problem (it's probably just me). Most of the files are .drm files, and from what I've searched, .drm files are music files? How exactly are textures and stuff stored like that?
In DXHR, the .drm files are "container" type files (sort of like a zipfile) - inside each DRM you'll find textures, scripts, and any other sort of information related to the item that the DRM is about. The weapon_combatrifle_equip.drm, for example, has most of the textures, scripts, sounds, and other raw data for the combat rifle all stored in the one DRM file.
dynath
ultra-n00b

Post by dynath »

has anyone been able to load any of the DXHR models into a 3d program? DRMunpack exports them as BIN files and I'm wondering if anyone knows their format or how to open them?
thattrunkmonkey
ultra-n00b

Post by thattrunkmonkey »

lapdragon wrote:
thattrunkmonkey wrote:Alright, so I've unpacked everything, and I've really got to thank you for helping me with that.
In DXHR, the .drm files are "container" type files (sort of like a zipfile) - inside each DRM you'll find textures, scripts, and any other sort of information related to the item that the DRM is about. The weapon_combatrifle_equip.drm, for example, has most of the textures, scripts, sounds, and other raw data for the combat rifle all stored in the one DRM file.
Alright, I understand that now. So do I unzip them?
lapdragon
beginner

Post by lapdragon »

thattrunkmonkey wrote:Alright, I understand that now. So do I unzip them?
You can view all the bits inside them with DRMEdit, and then use DRMUnpack to "unzip" the ones you want.

Both tools are in the latest couple versions of Rick's DXHR tools.
mnn
advanced

Post by mnn »

Rick wrote:Text is in bigfile_Language, textures are in bigfile.
Not quite true. Original language files are in bigfile_Language files. However, subsequent patches contains updated texts, so you should look into patchX.000. If you want to change them, modify the latest patch file (currently patch1.000)
Teryal5532
beginner

Post by Teryal5532 »

mnn wrote:
Rick wrote:Text is in bigfile_Language, textures are in bigfile.
Not quite true. Original language files are in bigfile_Language files. However, subsequent patches contains updated texts, so you should look into patchX.000. If you want to change them, modify the latest patch file (currently patch1.000)
Thanks for the info but in the unpacked bigfile_English/Russian/French/Italian... there are only .mul files and audio files. There are no text files or i cannot find them.

I'm fan of the [Deus Ex] series and this is my favorite game and we with my team want to translate it (text + textures - maybe and the voices in future).
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

Archives of Beta seems to differ from Release version?
mnn
advanced

Post by mnn »

Teryal5532: There are texts. ID/hash is 0x7CD333D3.