Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

BIGFILE.000 - Deus Ex Human Revolution Unpack

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
JPulowski
beginner

Re: BIGFILE.000 - Deus Ex Human Revolution Unpack

Post by JPulowski »

Rick wrote:
JPulowski wrote:Hi Rick,

File names seems uncorrect. Is there a way to correct them? Or is it normal? Thanks.
I need more information, how is it wrong?
00A13F5D.drm
0D0E2E08.mus
01BE62D9.sam

For instance. I've found "bigfile.filelist" file in project folder you've mentioned few posts ago, but I don't know what to do with it.
Rick

Post by Rick »

JPulowski wrote:00A13F5D.drm
0D0E2E08.mus
01BE62D9.sam

For instance. I've found "bigfile.filelist" file in project folder you've mentioned few posts ago, but I don't know what to do with it.
Those names arn't wrong, you get those names if the name is unknown. The file lists are automatically used by Unpack but they need to be in the correct location ("projects" directory must be in the same directory Gibbed.DeusEx3.Unpack.exe is in)
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
JPulowski
beginner

Post by JPulowski »

Rick wrote:
JPulowski wrote:00A13F5D.drm
0D0E2E08.mus
01BE62D9.sam

Those names arn't wrong, you get those names if the name is unknown. The file lists are automatically used by Unpack but they need to be in the correct location ("projects" directory must be in the same directory Gibbed.DeusEx3.Unpack.exe is in)
Okay, thanks made it, works perfectly. Also have one more question, I've updated repository and there is a new folder called "Gibbed.DeusEx3.DRMDecompress" I've built solution, but looks like it doesn't work. Is it WIP?
Rick

Post by Rick »

JPulowski wrote:Okay, thanks made it, works perfectly. Also have one more question, I've updated repository and there is a new folder called "Gibbed.DeusEx3.DRMDecompress" I've built solution, but looks like it doesn't work. Is it WIP?
deusex3: rick * r24 Gibbed.DeusEx3.DRMDecompress/Program.cs: Remove overwrite files option from DRMDecompress.

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
Lygatt
n00b

Post by Lygatt »

Rick wrote:I wrote a tool to demux .mul files, it's available on my repository as Gibbed.DeusEx3.Demux.

Supports both PC and PS3 .mul files. X360 is totally untested.

I've hardcoded a list of valid sample rates which may be incomplete so it will crash if it gets something unexpected.

Also: for fsb_mpeg, the correct padding value seems to be 24 (at least for music FSBs).

ie,

Code: Select all

fsb_mpeg.exe dx1theme2000_0.fsb -p 24
Thank you Rick for the demux and the padding value, is it too much to ask you how you determine it.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Lygatt wrote:Thank you Rick for the demux and the padding value, is it too much to ask you how you determine it.
I guessed various ones until I got one that didn't lose sync.

Supremespeed
ultra-n00b

Post by Supremespeed »

*nevermind*
Last edited by Supremespeed on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Checkout / export the repository using a SVN client and you will get all of the code properly.

Supremespeed
ultra-n00b

Post by Supremespeed »

Rick wrote:Checkout / export the repository using a SVN client and you will get all of the code properly.
Yeah I just realized my problem, heh it didn't acquire the entire repo. Thanks. Build success.

*EDIT*

Trying to locate the sounds effects for things like PDA, menu interface and key clicks. So far I don't think they are .mul files.

*EDIT2*

Ok seems sound effects are located inside the .drm files with their respective devices. Shotguns sounds, textures and animations bundled in weapon_shotgun_equip.drm for example. Now I need to figure out how to extract the sounds from the .drm, I used DRMEdit but it looks like I can't get them to convert as a MUL or FSB.
michalss

Post by michalss »

Herdell wrote:
mnn wrote:Herdell: Look back, I've posted where are fonts located. The format (at least for me) is a mystery.
I know about the fonts, and is *.dds files (Direct Draw)

I wanna know if there's a way to increase the size of displaying text in-game.

Hi mate,

where did u get it from. What is the file name please in X360 version and location?

Thank you
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
Rick

Post by Rick »

Supremespeed wrote:Ok seems sound effects are located inside the .drm files with their respective devices. Shotguns sounds, textures and animations bundled in weapon_shotgun_equip.drm for example. Now I need to figure out how to extract the sounds from the .drm, I used DRMEdit but it looks like I can't get them to convert as a MUL or FSB.
Save the raw Wave data as a file then delete the first 16 bytes, should work as an FSB then.

bluetrain
ultra-n00b

Post by bluetrain »

Rick wrote:*.cpk should be *.usm (I incorrectly labeled that file type). They can be "converted" with VGMToolbox (VGMToolbox → Misc. Tools → Stream Tools → Video Demultiplexer, change format to USM (CRI Movie 2)).
I followed your steps. Got the video. However it comes out an orange, yellow and red mess. I'm not sure why. Does anyone else get this?
rengareng
veteran

Post by rengareng »

Rick wrote:
rengareng wrote:could not compile. gives
error : Unable to read the project file 'Gibbed.Squish.csproj'.
The project file could not be loaded: Gibbed.Squish.csproj'.
I am using TortoiseSVN
I forgot to commit the new externals, I just fixed that. Update and try again. :)
here is compiled revision 25. I could not find font filename, is anyone figured it out?
michalss

Post by michalss »

Anyone found the fonts filename and location of the file ?
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
skyus
ultra-n00b

Post by skyus »

rengareng: thanks man!