Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd *.bin to *.txt : HOW ?

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
damimavpl
ultra-n00b

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd *.bin to *.txt : HOW ?

Post by damimavpl »

Hi, I been extract all files from main file (Monster Hunter Portable 3rd) but how to convert files *.bin to *txt files ??
and when I finish translation *.txt to *.bin file

How to convert this file ?

I want to translate this game completely (Some test been translated because this file is from patched version of game (TeamHGG patch 2.3)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
porimac
VIP member
VIP member

Re: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd *.bin to *.txt : HOW ?

Post by porimac »

looks like very simple text..
I think u can change the extension of the file ".txt <-> .bin"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
codestation
n00b

Post by codestation »

Just use my tool: https://github.com/codestation/mhtools

You can use it to extract the data.bin files from an already translated game, extract the string tables, continue translating, rebuild them and even encrypt them back. After that you can make your own script to rebuild the data.bin or patch the data.bin file with the individual files after calculating the offset. There is a option to generate a patchfile to use with my patchers if you want to.
damimavpl
ultra-n00b

Post by damimavpl »

codestation wrote:Just use my tool: https://github.com/codestation/mhtools

You can use it to extract the data.bin files from an already translated game, extract the string tables, continue translating, rebuild them and even encrypt them back. After that you can make your own script to rebuild the data.bin or patch the data.bin file with the individual files after calculating the offset. There is a option to generate a patchfile to use with my patchers if you want to.
:) Thanks, but how to use this ?? java in command line "CMD" ??
codestation
n00b

Post by codestation »

damimavpl wrote:
codestation wrote:Just use my tool: https://github.com/codestation/mhtools

:) Thanks, but how to use this ?? java in command line "CMD" ??
Yes, compile it all in a jar then use the command line (you could create some bat files to save some typing).
kW91
ultra-n00b

Post by kW91 »

Hi, i tried to extract the quests but i got invaild file size error every time, what can i do? it was a newer data.bin.
There is no .mib file in it so i tried to use the --extract-quests command for the 2819.bin