Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dragon Ball Raging Blast

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
revelation
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Dragon Ball Raging Blast

Post by revelation »

Hello All,
Looking for a little bit of help i suck at compression methods, heh. i am currently only assuming the data is compressed given the information i see in the file, but i could be wrong. Any help figuring things out would be appreciated. Also if you know of any good resources or tips on picking out compression methods, that would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Code: Select all

struct STPZ_HEADER // appears to be big endian
{
	uint32 fileTag; // "STPZ"
	uint32 unknown0x04;
	uint32 unknown0x08;
	uint32 unknown0x0C;
};

struct _0DCS_HEADER // appears to be little endian
{
	uint32 fileTag; // "0DCS"
	uint32 uncompressedSize;
	uint32 compressedSize; // size of section? - includes this header
	uint32 unknown0x0C; // maximum uncompressed block size? - have not seen '0LCS' sections bigger than this size, but not sure if this is related
};

struct _0LCS_HEADER // appears to be little endian
{
	uint32 fileTag; // "0LCS"
	uint32 uncompressedSize;
	uint32 compressedSize; // size of section? - includes this header
	uint32 unknown0x0C;
};
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Milesgboy
advanced

Re: Dragon Ball Raging Blast

Post by Milesgboy »

Hmm, sorry for bringing back up an old topic but have you had any luck with this so far? I've been trying at it and had no luck since all the files names are the same within them. But when I look at it in Hex Editor I can see they have other files compressed within there.

I just can't figure out the main compressed file. Since they have no name to it. Just be labeled like b file or something like that.
revelation
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by revelation »

Well,...i finally found the initial compression method. Seems to work so far, through will have to test more and ensure that this is the only method used. The algorithm is so simple i am somewhat embarrassed it took me so long to find it. Hopefully everything will pan out and the rest of the internal formats will soon follow.

More information to come soon hopefully.
Milesgboy
advanced

Post by Milesgboy »

Awesome can't wait to see what will come of this.
revelation
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by revelation »

Few more tests to run, and a number of bms scripts to write, and hopefully you all should be able to play around with things on your own, heh.
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

revelation wrote:Image

Few more tests to run, and a number of bms scripts to write, and hopefully you all should be able to play around with things on your own, heh.

Holy cow,you're doing one hell of a work here
Awesome revelation
You deserve tons of cookie,is it possible for you to create FF7 Dirge of cerberus plugin for noesis
revelation
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by revelation »

jaden wrote: Holy cow,you're doing one hell of a work here
Awesome revelation
You deserve tons of cookie,is it possible for you to create FF7 Dirge of cerberus plugin for noesis
Don't know if i still have any files from that game to test with. i know i posted a start to a template in the thread, and from what i remember the format uses ps2 vif tags which i partially explain in a different thread. Can't remember how far i got initially, but i guess i can take a look again once i get access to the files again. Depends on how much effort it would take whether or not i would finish it before any of the other formats i am working on though. But i do plan to get back to a large number of formats that use the vif tags internally.
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

revelation wrote:
jaden wrote: Holy cow,you're doing one hell of a work here
Awesome revelation
Don't know if i still have any files from that game to test with. i know i posted a start to a template in the thread, and from what i remember the format uses ps2 vif tags which i partially explain in a different thread. Can't remember how far i got initially, but i guess i can take a look again once i get access to the files again. Depends on how much effort it would take whether or not i would finish it before any of the other formats i am working on though. But i do plan to get back to a large number of formats that use the vif tags internally.

Woo hoo so there's a chance that you're gonna make the plugin for FF7 Dirge of cerberus
I really hope that you're gonna complete the plugin
Thanks a lot for your reply bro
Keep up your heavenly work revelation
Milesgboy
advanced

Post by Milesgboy »

Awesome work thus far man, have you tested with both PS3 and 360 or just PS3 files? Either way nice work can't wait to see this done! :)
bdzsana
ultra-n00b

Post by bdzsana »

Wow very nice. I'm intrested in RB models. How it is going? Will you share us the the scripts here if you are ready?:)
adampajor
ultra-n00b

Post by adampajor »

Wow! This is awesome! I'm very surprised by this! Keep up the good work!!! Hopefully, we will get a nice importer soon! :D
toebi1987
ultra-n00b

Post by toebi1987 »

any updates?
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

Have you completed this plugin revelation ??
If the dragon ball plugin for noesis already in complete condition,would you mind sharing it with us thanks a lot :wink: :wink:
revelation
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

[plugin] Dragon Ball Raging Blast

Post by revelation »

Milesgboy
advanced

Post by Milesgboy »

I've been trying with these 3 files I have them all in the same directory. Unless I'm supposed to do something completely different with them. I'm not quite sure, I read what you said in there and found the vram and the ioram files for the same spr file.

000_goku_0_1p_X360.vram
000_goku_0_1p_X360.spr
000_goku_0_1p_X360.ioram

These files weren't in and order the were just extracted from the afsd of the directory root to it didn't have no _v _m _i folders that related to those files I believe. I mean yes they are there but how would these files apply to them? like I get folders like effect_blast_chara_000_00_i
effect_blast_chara_000_00_m effect_blast_chara_000_00_v for folders and continues going on like that.

But when I click on to do the spr file says file could not be previewed, so I know I must be doing something wrong in these steps. Unless the 360 models just do not work.

I suppose I just need more clarification on what to do. But still awesome that you did this.

Edit: Nevermind I found out that its because I had the 360 Version instead of PS3 Version. My bad.