Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[Wii] Earth Seeker pix format

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
quantico
ultra-n00b

[Wii] Earth Seeker pix format

Post by quantico »

I am not really into graphics formats so maybe someone with more knowledge will be able to work with this.

The sample should be a map form the game, most of the files in this game are very standard so its possibly very easy to figure out...

Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Polefish
veteran

Re: [Wii] Earth Seeker pix format

Post by Polefish »

Looks like the header is in little endian byte order and contains some information for the use of the image. After the first 4 bytes ("FPIX") there comes the filesize and, there are similar values after the "DPIX" and "XPIX" but smaller. Maybe some pointer.
Anyway the image starts at 0x6C and its the standard TPL (0x0020AF30) format (see http://hitmen.c02.at/files/yagcd/yagcd/ ... l#sec15.35) at the end right after the TPL there comes some gameinfo again (28 bytes - "XNAM"...).
I was able to dump the TPL with TplMii and tplx by just cutting it out from the archive first
quantico
ultra-n00b

Re: [Wii] Earth Seeker pix format

Post by quantico »

Kickass I suspected it would be a tpl with some kind of added content. Should have looked for the tpl header format! Thanks a lot for helping me out this fast!