Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
carbint
n00b

Re: ForgeX Beta Released

Post by carbint »

I get the issue with writing to the registry too. I can't run the program! It won't close either. It keeps saying an unhandled exception has occurred. So I have to close it through the Processes tab in Task Manager. Please can the creator upload the Beta version of the program!! I need this fixed ASAP! Great work though, not many people saying that, but this program is epic! AC:B models already! Very fast, kudos to you! :D I just wish it worked on Windows 7 XD
hismastersvoice
ultra-n00b

Post by hismastersvoice »

Does this program work with Steam versions of the games? I've got AC2 and ACB installed in the default Steam directory and this is what I get when I launch ForgeX. As far as I can tell there should be some sort of directory tree in the left panel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

hismastersvoice wrote:Does this program work with Steam versions of the games? I've got AC2 and ACB installed in the default Steam directory and this is what I get when I launch ForgeX. As far as I can tell there should be some sort of directory tree in the left panel.
Apparently Steam does not write the registry keys to the location I am trying to find them in. Since I do not own the Steam version, I do not know what that location is. If you could provide me with that information, I will be more than happy to include it in the next update which should be ready in about a week.

Thanks for your support,
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
hismastersvoice
ultra-n00b

Post by hismastersvoice »

Let's see.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\Apps\48190

Assassin's Creed 2

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\Apps\33230

Assassin's Creed

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\Apps\15100

Hope that helps.
dezmand07
beginner

Post by dezmand07 »

There is one more game with game resources such as *.forge - Shaun White Skateboarding
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Shaun White Skateboarding], and string value - "InstallDir"
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

dezmand07 wrote:There is one more game with game resources such as *.forge - Shaun White Skateboarding
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Shaun White Skateboarding], and string value - "InstallDir"
Any chance you could give me all or part of one of the forge files from this game. I will try to verify that the format is similar, at least enough to make adding it worthwile.

Thanks,
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
dezmand07
beginner

Post by dezmand07 »

ersel54
n00b

Post by ersel54 »

hi MichaelDarkAngel im new here and your tool seems very usefull. but, when I open your tool nothing happens? is that normal or is that something wrong with me?

windows 7 SP1 - 64bit home premium.

THANKS...
Marky
beginner

Post by Marky »

Hi there,

Am pretty new here too. I seem to have the same problem with the tool. On my laptop forge opens with no trees or files in view, just the bkg image. On my desktop forge crashes before it can run.

Both are on windows 7 64

Cheers
michalss

Post by michalss »

Please make it work with 360.forge file. I would kill someone :) to play this game on x360 with my native lang.... . I have translated version from PC but i cannot repack the forge file :(

Code: Select all

http://loadfiles.in/iur9i3glcwqn/Data360.forge
Thx in advance :)
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
carbint
n00b

Post by carbint »

Hey, I got ForgeX to work on a Win XP machine but can you please tell me how I import .fex models into 3DS MAX? Where do I get the plugin, how do I install it? Can you please say everything from start to finish, don't leave any gaps? Assume I don't know what I'm doing :P Cos I don't! So please help me in detail set up .fex import plugin! :D
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

carbint wrote:Hey, I got ForgeX to work on a Win XP machine but can you please tell me how I import .fex models into 3DS MAX? Where do I get the plugin, how do I install it? Can you please say everything from start to finish, don't leave any gaps? Assume I don't know what I'm doing :P Cos I don't! So please help me in detail set up .fex import plugin! :D
Download NWMaxPlus v2.04.10 from -->> here

There are two folders inside the zip file (nwmax_plus and Startup). Extract them into the Scripts directory of your 3DSMax installation.

Start 3DSMax. NWMaxPlus will autostart. Expand the "ForgeX FEX Loader", press the Browse button, and browse to where your FEX files are located, select one and press the Import button.

Done

This has been tested with 3DSMax6, 3DSMax7, 3DSMax8, 3DSMax9 and 3DSMax 2010.

Enjoy
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
Marky
beginner

Post by Marky »

Hey Michael.

Do you have any idea as to the problems of forge on windows 7 64? I am really keen to try it out. Will be more than happy to test different builds for ya!
carbint
n00b

Post by carbint »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
carbint wrote:Hey, I got ForgeX to work on a Win XP machine but can you please tell me how I import .fex models into 3DS MAX? Where do I get the plugin, how do I install it? Can you please say everything from start to finish, don't leave any gaps? Assume I don't know what I'm doing :P Cos I don't! So please help me in detail set up .fex import plugin! :D
Download NWMaxPlus v2.04.10 from -->> here

There are two folders inside the zip file (nwmax_plus and Startup). Extract them into the Scripts directory of your 3DSMax installation.

Start 3DSMax. NWMaxPlus will autostart. Expand the "ForgeX FEX Loader", press the Browse button, and browse to where your FEX files are located, select one and press the Import button.

Done

This has been tested with 3DSMax6, 3DSMax7, 3DSMax8, 3DSMax9 and 3DSMax 2010.

Enjoy
OMG thank you so much for your help! :D
carbint
n00b

Post by carbint »

Ummm... Nothing works with bones :( The models are boneless in 3DS MAX! Sorry to bother you all again... :(