Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Rysis
n00b

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Rysis »

I Saw this image on your Oasis site and was curious did you get Ippo from Shounen Magazine vs. Shounen Sunday (PSP)?
Or the hajime no ippo (PSP) game. I Could be need those models, im wondering how did you get the archives or containers opened or did you use hex editor or what :P
RoxasKennedy
beginner

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Tosyk wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9919707/blogs/x ... v1_3_1.zip use this tool to unpack bress files
I know I kinda go int off-topic teritorry, but I was wondering how do convert model with textures applied to the model, beacuse when I import the model into blender (after converting it to .psk), it isn't textured.
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

RoxasKennedy wrote:
Tosyk wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9919707/blogs/x ... v1_3_1.zip use this tool to unpack bress files
I know I kinda go int off-topic teritorry, but I was wondering how do convert model with textures applied to the model, beacuse when I import the model into blender (after converting it to .psk), it isn't textured.
You need to assign the texture yourself
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

Is there a way to retain original names and stuff when exporting?
For ex, original bone names, mesh names, etc.

If it already does that, maybe I'm not doing something right.
sedante
ultra-n00b

Post by sedante »

I have a problem when trying to export files from portal 2, when I tried export any xxx.mdl file Noesis say that this file cannnot be previewed, but is exportable, but if I trie export this happend
Output extension has set output file type to:
.obj - WaveFront OBJ
Detected file type: Source MDL
WARNING: MDL version is not 44. Still proceeding, but loader might explode.
Failed to open 'G:\ARCHIVOS 3D VIDEOJUEGOS\MODELOS PARA NOESIS\Nueva carpeta\root\models\player\bot_assembly\player/bot_assembly/finger_arms_root.sw.vtx'.
ERROR: Could not load paired VTX.Cleaned 8.00MB (in 2 pools).

Any help? I've also tried to export mdl file with quick3D and says it is not a valid file.
thanks and sorry for my english
firsak
advanced

Post by firsak »

The latest Noesis v3.23 crashes on loading any T6/SC4 nmds that have both textures and geometry (files that have only textures or just geometry are OK).
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Send me an example file, then. I don't have the data readily accessible anymore.

Edit: Nevermind, don't bother. I found some nmd's I'd kept on the archive drive.

Edit 2: Fixed build is up.
Rysis
n00b

Post by Rysis »

MrAdults wrote:Send me an example file, then. I don't have the data readily accessible anymore.

Edit: Nevermind, don't bother. I found some nmd's I'd kept on the archive drive.

Edit 2: Fixed build is up.
Can you reply to my question on last page please.
Cloud452
veteran

Post by Cloud452 »

Out of curiosity, is there a way to somehow 'preserve'/export what I can only refer to as the "lighting effect/environment" that Noesis displays, so that it will be present in other 3D applications?

In Noesis:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2930/r ... effect.png

In an application like 3DSMax (or MMD):

http://i.imgur.com/VAyLG.jpg
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

Wow awesum
MrAdults your work is always blinding the neighborhood

Oh yeah senor if you have time can you please add noesis support for shadow heart 2 covenant too,cause i think the format is almost the same with shadow heart,shadow heart 2 use .pack format too but i can't open it with noesis

Thanks a lot for you concern senor

Mucha gracias
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Cloud452 wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a way to somehow 'preserve'/export what I can only refer to as the "lighting effect/environment" that Noesis displays, so that it will be present in other 3D applications?

In Noesis:

Yeah, those are vertex colors. OBJ/SMD don't support vertex colors as part of format spec, but COLLADA does. So if you use that you should be fine. But the COLLADA importer you're using might not handle them right, then, if you still don't see them. But they're definitely there. (as you can see if you load the dae back up in Noesis)
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

MrAdults wrote:
Cloud452 wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a way to somehow 'preserve'/export what I can only refer to as the "lighting effect/environment" that Noesis displays, so that it will be present in other 3D applications?

In Noesis:

Yeah, those are vertex colors. OBJ/SMD don't support vertex colors as part of format spec, but COLLADA does. So if you use that you should be fine. But the COLLADA importer you're using might not handle them right, then, if you still don't see them. But they're definitely there. (as you can see if you load the dae back up in Noesis)
Gosh yes! Now I can export the colorful Birth By Sleep models with the colorings intact!
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
Cloud452
veteran

Post by Cloud452 »

MrAdults wrote: Yeah, those are vertex colors. OBJ/SMD don't support vertex colors as part of format spec, but COLLADA does. So if you use that you should be fine. But the COLLADA importer you're using might not handle them right, then, if you still don't see them. But they're definitely there. (as you can see if you load the dae back up in Noesis)
Thanks for the reply!

The import I'm using is OpenCollada v1.3.0, for 3DS Max.

Alright, now they show up: http://i.imgur.com/WoPhH.png Although the textures don't seem to be loading.....

*edit* Had to open the DAE file and change the location from Noesis' present location, to the folder I exported the model to, now textures load no problem.

I guess the next step for me to take is to figure out why even though Pandasoft's X Exporter has a checkbox for "vertex colors", when I load the X file into MMD it no longer shows the vertex colors (which I assume is either due to the X file not properly exporting the vertex color data, or MMD being far too limited to work with that data). But this is just something I have to figure out, not something you need to address, Mr. Adults. :)
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

As I recall, to get vertex colors showing in Max from OpenCOLLADA-imported models, you have to set the material up so that the diffuse channel on one of the layers is referencing the "vertex paint" data. Or something like that. It's been years since I messed around with it.

Also, yeah, FCollada does that "put the current module (Noesis) path in all of the texture things" by itself. I find it pretty annoying, but I'd have to recompile FCollada myself to fix it and have no idea what I did with the source code for the distribution Noesis is linking to. It's probably around here somewhere.
viperzerofsx
veteran

Post by viperzerofsx »

noesis no longer starts for me. I downloaded a version on 6/13 but then it froze and crashed and would no longer do anything I downloaded a newer version on the 21st and it failed as well. I deleted both and tried restarting and re-downloading but it failed as well. what can I do?