Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Witcher 2

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
redavatar
ultra-n00b

Re: The Witcher 2

Post by redavatar »

Great this is what I needed! I made my own dice-game graphics in the first game (sensual fantasy theme using Luis Royo images - fit the game theme more) and want to do the same now. If anyone wants the result, let me know and I'll post them!
nyates
ultra-n00b

Post by nyates »

Im trying to manually find a way to edit a loot table to insert items into the game. Not necessarily new ones, but existing ones. The loot tables in globals/loot tables dont seem to really correlate to what the mobs are dropping in game. Nor, when edited do they drop what I politely ask them to.

Any thoughts?

I also edited items/def_shops in an attempt to edit the inventory of a shop. See if that route would work. No luck. Ummmm... Any thoughts on that either?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Shop inventories are probably saved and regenerated "daily" (game daily), have you waited 24 hours?
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
nyates
ultra-n00b

Post by nyates »

Yeah, I waited 24 hours. Meditated or whatever for a bit. 2 days even. Bought the item I replaced, let it respawn. The old item is not even in the def_shops list anymore, but respawns just the same. My file is in the right spot I believe... CookedPC\items\def_shops.xml or whatever. Wonder what I'm doing wrong...

I didn't even fabricate a new line item, I just copied one from one store and added it to another. Should have been ok. Perhaps there's a corresponding file somewhere that needs edited as well in order for this to take. Sigh

EDIT:
I got it. My stupid program was auto "correcting" the format to .csv.

Sigh. Working now. Thanks everyone.
Last edited by nyates on Sat May 21, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chalon
n00b

Post by chalon »

oveja wrote:How do *.w2strings the decryption?
The file header("CR2Ws") is different.
They don't have CR2Ws at the beginning, they have 0xc9000000.

It looks like some kind of lookup table with compression and/or encryption. The beginning of the file appears to be sets of 5 bytes (probably an address or index?), followed by the lookup key string in ASCII. So that section wouldn't be too hard to figure out most likely. The problem is after all the lookups, the data is just all mangled.
nyates wrote:Yeah, I waited 24 hours. Meditated or whatever for a bit. 2 days even. Bought the item I replaced, let it respawn. The old item is not even in the def_shops list anymore, but respawns just the same. My file is in the right spot I believe... CookedPC\items\def_shops.xml or whatever. Wonder what I'm doing wrong...
Try leaving the area, move some ways away, and come back. Even without changing the shops XML, if you stay at the vendor and just meditate, the inventory will not be refreshed.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

hi, has anyone made any headway in cracking the w2ent files? they look like they're responsible for assigning model parts. could be very useful for a character replacement mod.
Rick

Post by Rick »

It's a generic resource format that's used to instantiate native C++ classes with data, not specific to w2ent.

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

so you already opened it or do you mean there's already a program that opens it?
Rick

Post by Rick »

I'm working on it now, it's a big complex beast of a format.

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

alright. thanks
Rick

Post by Rick »

I've committed my most recent code which has W2RC related stuff -- though note it's not in any shape for saving this data back out, it's still in the research phase.

Sanya
n00b

Post by Sanya »

What about unpacking game models formats?

Any chances that it would be done soon? ^^
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

The model format is not hard its the file structure around the model data that is a beast to deal with as rick said.
I will look at his code and if i can understand whats going on I will attemp to make an importer.
inforsir
ultra-n00b

Post by inforsir »

nyates wrote:Yeah, I waited 24 hours. Meditated or whatever for a bit. 2 days even. Bought the item I replaced, let it respawn. The old item is not even in the def_shops list anymore, but respawns just the same. My file is in the right spot I believe... CookedPC\items\def_shops.xml or whatever. Wonder what I'm doing wrong...

I didn't even fabricate a new line item, I just copied one from one store and added it to another. Should have been ok. Perhaps there's a corresponding file somewhere that needs edited as well in order for this to take. Sigh

EDIT:
I got it. My stupid program was auto "correcting" the format to .csv.

Sigh. Working now. Thanks everyone.

mind telling me how u did that i kinda need help with it : \

now with the extractor i cant get it to work every time i try it tells me that "the bms script uses more agruments than how much is supported by this tool"

most liky mean im a idoit and dont know how to use c:\quickbms\quickbms.exe -F "*.xbm" c:\xbm.bms c:\xbm_folder c:\extracted assuming that this is use for the directory for a shortcut to it.
would also mean i dont know what script to use

basically my prob is how to extract the dzip : \
CMihai
veteran

Post by CMihai »

For .dzip, use the quickbms_64, create a new text document, copy paste chroxx script into it, save it and drop the file over quickbms_64, then select pack0.dzip, after that another window will popup where to extract the files, that's all.

For .xbm textures, do it like this, extract the convertor, copy quickbms.exe in the same folder, drop the xbm2tga over quickbms exe, select the texture (copy it first in the same folder) and same as above select where to save it (in the same folder will be good) now you'll get a .dds file and a .bin one, so to get the .tga file drop the .dds file over nvdecompress.exe and your done, you have your .tga file.