Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

DOAX2 File Help

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
MSG1000
n00b

DOAX2 File Help

Post by MSG1000 »

Okay, so I took an ISO of the game and extracted it using Xbox Image Browser and then I used AFS Extract to open the AFS files. I successfully opened the character models using Noesis but when I go to the werone and wertwo AFS files I can open them but all the files inside have a extension called FILE, which after some research I found out that that means the files have no extension.

I tried opening them in noesis but it just crashes and I tried to add .tpr to an end of a file and noesis said it didn't recognize it.

So can anyone help me? Maybe at least tell me what the file extensions should at least be?
maniacoloco
advanced

Re: DOAX2 File Help

Post by maniacoloco »

MSG1000 wrote:Okay, so I took an ISO of the game and extracted it using Xbox Image Browser and then I used AFS Extract to open the AFS files. I successfully opened the character models using Noesis but when I go to the werone and wertwo AFS files I can open them but all the files inside have a extension called FILE, which after some research I found out that that means the files have no extension.

I tried opening them in noesis but it just crashes and I tried to add .tpr to an end of a file and noesis said it didn't recognize it.

So can anyone help me? Maybe at least tell me what the file extensions should at least be?
Extract afs with noesis and broblem solved.
MSG1000
n00b

Post by MSG1000 »

[/quote] Extract afs with noesis and broblem solved.[/quote]

I tried that and they still came out with no proper extension. Would you recommend trying to re-extract the iso? Can Noesis do that? Also what is the file extension supposed to be? .TPR?
maniacoloco
advanced

Post by maniacoloco »

MSG1000 wrote:
Extract afs with noesis and broblem solved.[/quote]

I tried that and they still came out with no proper extension. Would you recommend trying to re-extract the iso? Can Noesis do that? Also what is the file extension supposed to be? .TPR?[/quote]

The extension is tp and that's ok.
MSG1000
n00b

Post by MSG1000 »

Okay I re-extracted the AFS wer files and opened them using Noesis and added .tp extensions to some of them for testing. The ones that work are the 7 or so MB files but every one is model of a lottery ticket? Is there something wrong or are the swimsuits not in the werone or wertwo files?

Thanks for your help so far by the way!
MSG1000
n00b

Post by MSG1000 »

Okay, I've tried a lot of them now and they're all the same lottery ticket model. Does this mean I have to try getting another ISO? Also Noesis still extracted the files with no extension.
maniacoloco
advanced

Post by maniacoloco »

MSG1000 wrote:Okay, I've tried a lot of them now and they're all the same lottery ticket model. Does this mean I have to try getting another ISO? Also Noesis still extracted the files with no extension.
wanna the swimsuits??
MSG1000
n00b

Post by MSG1000 »

maniacoloco wrote:
MSG1000 wrote:Okay, I've tried a lot of them now and they're all the same lottery ticket model. Does this mean I have to try getting another ISO? Also Noesis still extracted the files with no extension.
wanna the swimsuits??
I'm getting another Iso going and I'll try it again. I'm actually not sure which ones I really want but thank you for offering.
maniacoloco
advanced

Post by maniacoloco »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Post by BakameExcalibur »

Actually went and added the .tp extension to all the "larger" files by hand (there really has to be an easier way to do this...). Any idea what the "smaller" files do/are for, and should I add an extension to those as well?

Oh, and I dunno if it's just the way the models come out or whatever, but why do the vast majority of swimsuits look "cloned"? Here's what I mean: Image

Is this normal? Other than that, it's nice to see I can finally get a good look at all the swimsuits... :D
MSG1000
n00b

Post by MSG1000 »

Thanks maniacoloco for the upload!

And yes I get the same thing, I guess we have to ask mariokart64n or maniacoloco if this is how they are supposed to look.

It is possible that there are different morph meshes or something for movements so it displays them all at once. Hopefully there easy to separate.
BakameExcalibur
advanced

So... not to sound impatient, but what happened to uploading the other file? :?
maniacoloco
advanced

Post by maniacoloco »

BakameExcalibur wrote:So... not to sound impatient, but what happened to uploading the other file? :?
uploading, available for tomorrow.
maniacoloco
advanced

Post by maniacoloco »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Thank you! :D
Also, figured out how to batch-add filetype extensions, so I don't have to add by hand anymore.