Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Truthkey
beginner

Re: [Request] Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep models

Post by Truthkey »

Mirrorman95 wrote:
Truthkey wrote:Battle sounds such as "Darkness waits!" or "Show me anguish!" are inside SSCF files (.scd extension). I made a program to rip them from the game easily, the problem is that there is no SSCF player, thus, we can't convert/play them.
Is there a link to your SSCF ripper? All I have is the Dissidia Modding Suite, and the SSCF files it rips are larger than the actual files.
Dissidia modding suite is not gonna extract the right the right SSCFs since KHBBS uses a different header keyword for their SSCF packages.

As I previously mentioned... I created a tool to rip those SSCFs along with (almost) all the other files in the game. The program rips all AT3, SSCF, PMO, PAM, OLO, SEB, FEP, TIM2 and CTD and allows you to reinsert the files back again in the game as long as they are smaller or equal to the original file (since no one has successfully cracked BBS's LBA).

I can send you a small beta of the program through PM if you really need it since I'm not going to publish it until I finish it 100%.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I don't want it that badly; I can get it when it's finished. Is this the program you've been talking about on Twitter?
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
Truthkey
beginner

Post by Truthkey »

Mirrorman95 wrote:I don't want it that badly; I can get it when it's finished. Is this the program you've been talking about on Twitter?
Didn't know you followed my Twitter but yeah, that's what I've been working on. It's a program for people to mod the game at will, textures, events, animations, sounds, music, effects, etc. It shouldn't take me much time to finish it, maybe two or three days, not more.

Anyways, it's not like we're going anywhere with these SSCF files since they don't seem hearable/convertible, that is, unless you find an expert in audio formats.
eurik
ultra-n00b

Post by eurik »

Hey, I have a few questions, and the KH1 Model Topic isn't really active at the moment... Anyway, I am having.... a little trouble understanding how the kh1_file_dumper.exe works.... Like, I don't find anything actually explaining it.... I mean, I have the readme.txt and it says

KH1 dumper:
- copy KINGDOM.IDX and make a ISO into the same folder as kh1_file_dumper.exe
- make a *.bat or run from commandline

Usage:

kh1_file_dumper.exe kh.iso KINGDOM.IDX [options]

options:

"-dN" = dump from "ard files" NameTable (like yaz0r's dumper)

"-dM" = dump all Music files (dat(bgm+wd),wd,vset,vsb)

"-dE" = dump all Event files (evm,dpp,dpx)
"-dO" = dump Other files (ard,evm,wdt,dat,dbt,wpn,se,mag)
"-dT" = dump all files from nametbl.txt

umm.... ok? what does that mean? How do I get the nametbl.txt? or how do I simply dump the wpn files? It says Options -dO or -dT, but what does that mean? when I open the program, it says please press any key to continue, so I try to enter one of those things and it doesn't work. Or I place the kh.iso and .idx on the .exe it says pleas enter file name. so I try the -dt or -do and it says file not found. Why are these instructions not very... instructual? xD. Anyway, I simply want to get all the weapons from KH1. Help please? I appreciate everything in advance
Truthkey
beginner

Post by Truthkey »

eurik wrote:Hey, I have a few questions, and the KH1 Model Topic isn't really active at the moment... Anyway, I am having.... a little trouble understanding how the kh1_file_dumper.exe works.... Like, I don't find anything actually explaining it.... I mean, I have the readme.txt and it says

KH1 dumper:
- copy KINGDOM.IDX and make a ISO into the same folder as kh1_file_dumper.exe
- make a *.bat or run from commandline

Usage:

kh1_file_dumper.exe kh.iso KINGDOM.IDX [options]

options:

"-dN" = dump from "ard files" NameTable (like yaz0r's dumper)

"-dM" = dump all Music files (dat(bgm+wd),wd,vset,vsb)

"-dE" = dump all Event files (evm,dpp,dpx)
"-dO" = dump Other files (ard,evm,wdt,dat,dbt,wpn,se,mag)
"-dT" = dump all files from nametbl.txt

umm.... ok? what does that mean? How do I get the nametbl.txt? or how do I simply dump the wpn files? It says Options -dO or -dT, but what does that mean? when I open the program, it says please press any key to continue, so I try to enter one of those things and it doesn't work. Or I place the kh.iso and .idx on the .exe it says pleas enter file name. so I try the -dt or -do and it says file not found. Why are these instructions not very... instructual? xD. Anyway, I simply want to get all the weapons from KH1. Help please? I appreciate everything in advance
kh1_file_dumper.exe -dT kh.iso KINGDOM.IDX

or

kh1_file_dumper.exe kh.iso KINGDOM.IDX -dT

One of those should work.
eurik
ultra-n00b

Post by eurik »

I type that in when it says please enter file name? because I did that and it didn't work. Tried both and it just said file not found...
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

Truthkey wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote:I don't want it that badly; I can get it when it's finished. Is this the program you've been talking about on Twitter?
Didn't know you followed my Twitter but yeah, that's what I've been working on. It's a program for people to mod the game at will, textures, events, animations, sounds, music, effects, etc. It shouldn't take me much time to finish it, maybe two or three days, not more.

Anyways, it's not like we're going anywhere with these SSCF files since they don't seem hearable/convertible, that is, unless you find an expert in audio formats.

Modding animations... Does this mean that creating new pmo models may be something you may be implementing? It'd be fun to insert Sora or Riku to play as.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Zerox wrote:
Truthkey wrote:

Modding animations... Does this mean that creating new pmo models may be something you may be implementing? It'd be fun to insert Sora or Riku to play as.
It kind of sounds like a tool to extract and repack these files, though I'm not sure that the program could tell you which animations do what. He probably implements something similar for his Final Mix patcher.
eurik
ultra-n00b

Post by eurik »

So do any of you know how to fix the issue of extracting the weaponmodels? if not, does anyone have a list of the weapon model names? like xa_ex_5020.wpn or whatnot? I would much appreciate it if you could helpme out here. Or if anyone has all the KH1 keyblades in .obj format. I am attempting to create a mass mod in the MMO I play and it would be great for some help. I have all KH2 keyblades, and KHBBS keyblades. again, any help is much appreciated.
Truthkey
beginner

Post by Truthkey »

Zerox wrote:
Truthkey wrote:

Unfortunately my knowledge doesn't go that far. If I had some files with the PMO and OBJ structures I could work on a converter for both formats, but I know barely nothing about 3D model formats or 3D animation formats.
I wish someone skillful enough can create a converter TO pmo. That'd be amazing.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Noesis is a program that can convert PMO to OBJ and several other formats with bones intact. Every other polygon wouldn't be flipped like in Falo's converter, so you have a much cleaner file to use in custom game engines, texture modification, and all that. Unfortunately, there are colorful shaders in some PMOs without textures that can be viewed in Noesis, but they can't be converted by anything.

If anyone wants to take a crack at the animation file structure, I've got a couple of PAMs from the game. Of course, Xeeynamo has made an ARC extractor to unpack/repack ARCs and their contents, so that would work too. I seriously have no idea how they work.
Truthkey
beginner

Post by Truthkey »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Nexus Elite
n00b

Post by Nexus Elite »

I a bit curious, how do you extract the DAT files? I can't seem to find out how to.
Bla buhu
ultra-n00b

Post by Bla buhu »

Is it possible to bring a texture of a keyblade from KH2 to KHBBSFM ? Like oblivion or the old ultima weapon
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

If you mean port weapons over, then no.