Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

FF 13 3D models ripping possible ...

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
MrAdults

Re: FF 13 3D models ripping possible ...

Post by MrAdults »

TheDude wrote:I tried to make it kinda borderline SFW. :]

Maybe someone can confirm this for me.
I'm using Noesis 2.982 and when I export to Collada, it only exports a single texture.
I verified this by opening the dae file in Notepad++ and sure enough, only 1 texture.
Luckily the mapping is exported properly and it's just a matter of re-applying the textures.
After fixing the textures I re-exported from Blender and looked at that Collada file and it was perfectly fine.
Went on to import that into Softimage and Max just to make sure.
Also the Wavefront exporter doesn't export any textures (no mtl file).
Re-downloaded Noesis just to make sure the first download wasn't corrupt or something and same issues.
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Tried it on Windows XP x32 also and nothing changed.

Like I said, not a big deal. Just have to re-apply the textures.
That's my bad. I broke COLLADA export for games that use the same name for every material (e.g. FF13) at some point. It will be unbroken next release. In the mean time, I guess you can just go bowling.
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

MrAdults wrote:
TheDude wrote:I tried to make it kinda borderline SFW. :]

Maybe someone can confirm this for me.
I'm using Noesis 2.982 and when I export to Collada, it only exports a single texture.
I verified this by opening the dae file in Notepad++ and sure enough, only 1 texture.
Luckily the mapping is exported properly and it's just a matter of re-applying the textures.
After fixing the textures I re-exported from Blender and looked at that Collada file and it was perfectly fine.
Went on to import that into Softimage and Max just to make sure.
Also the Wavefront exporter doesn't export any textures (no mtl file).
Re-downloaded Noesis just to make sure the first download wasn't corrupt or something and same issues.
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Tried it on Windows XP x32 also and nothing changed.

Like I said, not a big deal. Just have to re-apply the textures.
That's my bad. I broke COLLADA export for games that use the same name for every material (e.g. FF13) at some point. It will be unbroken next release. In the mean time, I guess you can just go bowling.
Awesome! I'll dedicate my next scene to you.
I'll pass on the bowling; it's an easy enough problem to get around. :ninja:
DarkShine
ultra-n00b

Post by DarkShine »

Can someone tell me the animation can be exported?

thx~
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

DarkShine wrote:Can someone tell me the animation can be exported?

thx~
They're located in bin files under the "mot" subdirectory.
Hopefully someone who knows what they're doing is looking at this.....
I never could get into programming.
I start falling asleep whenever I look at it. :bleh:

TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

For the Windows users out there that have ripped the models and hate having all of those "bin" subdirectories:
for /r %x in (*.*) do move "%x" "%x"\..\.. -move all the files up 1 directory
for /d /r %x in (bin) do rd "%x" -get rid of all the now empty "bin" subdirectories
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Psientist
ultra-n00b

Post by Psientist »

I managed to get files out of the 360 version by changing filelistu to filelist as mentioned on page #14, but it would only extract the big white file, the zone files still don't want to play.
I've read through the thread 2 - 3 times and can't see what people did to get it to work. I've tried experimenting but to no avail.

QuickBMS don't like the zone files, Noesisv don't like the zone files.
I'm only interested in the textures for environment and doodads, not models.

Ps: Had an epiphany of understanding and renamed filelist_imgu to filelist_* where *is the name of the file I'm trying to unpack minus white_. It stopped giving me the error that the file didn't exist, but instead it complains that the zlib/deflate input is wrong or incomplete and that there was an error with decompression.
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

Psientist wrote:I managed to get files out of the 360 version by changing filelistu to filelist as mentioned on page #14, but it would only extract the big white file, the zone files still don't want to play.
I've read through the thread 2 - 3 times and can't see what people did to get it to work. I've tried experimenting but to no avail.

QuickBMS don't like the zone files, Noesisv don't like the zone files.
I'm only interested in the textures for environment and doodads, not models.

Ps: Had an epiphany of understanding and renamed filelist_imgu to filelist_* where *is the name of the file I'm trying to unpack minus white_. It stopped giving me the error that the file didn't exist, but instead it complains that the zlib/deflate input is wrong or incomplete and that there was an error with decompression.
In the data you extracted with the characters,weapons,etc., there's a "Zone" folder.
You'll see a bunch more folders in there (z000 - z255) and then there's a bunch of bin/bin2 files.
Now in the first data extracted from the disc there's also a "Zone" folder and you'll notice from the file sizes that's where the real zone data is.
Find the large zone file in the original extracted data (like white_z004u_img.x360.bin - for instance - 240.5MB), take a corresponding bin file from the zone folder in the data set you extracted for the characters (filelist_z004u.x360.bin2) copy it over to "white_data\zone" where the large file is and rename it to "filelist_imgu.x360.bin".
Take "white_z004u_img.x360.bin" and rename it to "white_imgu.x360.bin"
Then you should be able to extract everything.
Here's a zone I ripped as proof:
http://mrfuzzlebum.deviantart.com/art/M ... -206917978
Also I can make a visual guide if you need it. 8)

"Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

i didn't know the weapon are extractable
Thanks a lot nice info dude
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

Thought I'd post some zone pics. Also like to say thank you to MrAdults for his awesome program! :]

http://mrfuzzlebum.deviantart.com/art/F ... -209720830
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

TheDude wrote:Thought I'd post some zone pics. Also like to say thank you to MrAdults for his awesome program! :]

http://mrfuzzlebum.deviantart.com/art/F ... -209720830
Cool, I don't recognise the first 2 areas though :/

I see you ported them to XNALara too...
Cloud452
veteran

Post by Cloud452 »

Quite amazing seeing PS3 models ripped and in 3DS Max. I don't suppose similar methods could be applied to other PS3 games such as say, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit?
maniacoloco
advanced

Post by maniacoloco »

Cloud452 wrote:Quite amazing seeing PS3 models ripped and in 3DS Max. I don't suppose similar methods could be applied to other PS3 games such as say, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit?
Most of the content is from Xbox 360, not 360 and also the poly count in both versions is the same, so do the textures.
Cloud452
veteran

Post by Cloud452 »

maniacoloco wrote:
Cloud452 wrote:Quite amazing seeing PS3 models ripped and in 3DS Max. I don't suppose similar methods could be applied to other PS3 games such as say, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit?
Most of the content is from Xbox 360, not 360 and also the poly count in both versions is the same, so do the textures.
Hm, so it might be possible with the Xbox360 version of Burst Limit?

And as not to be too off-topic are there a few textures not loaded on that bottom image, TheDude?
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

wow nice info so its possible to extract the map