Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.VAG to WAV

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
fortisvenaliter
ultra-n00b

.VAG to WAV

Post by fortisvenaliter »

I am trying to convert VAG to WAV.

I am an experienced programmer and binary doesn't scare me, but there just isnt any information on the .VAG format, even on google!!!

Does anyone have a link to a good explanation of the VAG format?
Rheini

Post by Rheini »

Well which game are you talking about? Did you try any tools? Upload some sample files.
fortisvenaliter
ultra-n00b

Post by fortisvenaliter »

It is actually from Guitar Hero 1&2. It stores the data as a VGS file, which i've then parsed into several VAG files. As such, I cannot really upload an entire file because they are about 5 megs. I truncated one of the files to be only about 17k and uploaded it. Now, from 0x00 to 0x40 is the header data. That I understand. As I understand it, the rest is similar to ADPCM. I just need to figure out how to port it to MS WAV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fastelbja
n00b

Re: .VAG to WAV

Post by fastelbja »

hi,

you'll find everything you need here :

http://www.tinyted.net/eddie/decode.cpp

PS2 & PSX ADPCM are similar. they use the same codec (as wii use the same codec as found in gamecube).

Enjoy :)
gjinka
Banned

Re: .VAG to WAV

Post by gjinka »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.