Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

MvC3 .ARC files.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
VILE
advanced

Re: MvC3 .ARC files.

Post by VILE »

RandomTBush wrote:I've only ever worked with the MDL0 format, and seeing how others are having problems with the models from MvC3 at the moment, I think that a novice such as myself wouldn't know how to get 'em working...
Still, any assistance would be appreciated. I mainly want to know the how to make a solid OBJ (texture previews and vertex hacks).
nightFlarer
beginner

Post by nightFlarer »

Post a model sample and someone might be able to help.
VILE
advanced

Post by VILE »

http://www.mediafire.com/?m3vql7k7pf7nqvm

Spiderman's model. Any info would be helpful.
DerMeister
beginner

Post by DerMeister »

No news, I see.
darkloner
ultra-n00b

Post by darkloner »

Anything new about this?
protosk8
advanced

Post by protosk8 »

someday they'll figuer it out xD
VILE
advanced

Post by VILE »

Ok guys remember how I said I would release a tool to extract and pack MvC3's archive files? Well recently I started it (lol late) and after a couple of hours I think it is complete.

Before I release it, I need to know it works though! Could someone kindly test a file that my tool spat out?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X2XY2NOH - It goes over wolverine (0023_00).

There is nothing specific to look for, it is just an original Wolverine archive that has been extracted and packed again. If there is anything strange, please let me know.

(NOTE: There is an equal chance that it will work and that it won't, I remember while writing the extractor there were a few files that weren't compressed and my tool automatically compresses every file. It should work because I'm pretty sure the game checks if the header is zlib before it decompresses, but if it doesn't or those files have a different form of compression, then the file won't work).

I should probably tell you a little about my tool. It is noob friendly (no GUI, but all it requires is to double click the program, type a number and file name). It also allows you to expand the archives (add more files in), which will be pretty useless until a script editor is created for the actions of the characters (I intend to make one at some point), when we get that far, this game will be close to being on par with SSBB in terms of how mod-able it is (we just need to make a program to create model files, which I encourage people from this board to start working on again).
grandmasterjimmy
n00b

Post by grandmasterjimmy »

Loaded just fine for me VILE.
VILE
advanced

Post by VILE »

grandmasterjimmy wrote:Loaded just fine for me VILE.
Awesome.
VILE
advanced

Post by VILE »

Ok, I'm gonna need another tester. This is primarily a 3d model related test.

Name it "0018_02.arc" and replace that file - http://www.mediafire.com/?b9q17j3v1nnx8yh

I'm not exactly sure what color it is for C. Viper, but try them all (square, triangle, X and R1) and tell me the results.
grandmasterjimmy
n00b

Post by grandmasterjimmy »

VILE wrote:Ok, I'm gonna need another tester. This is primarily a 3d model related test.

Name it "0018_02.arc" and replace that file - http://www.mediafire.com/?b9q17j3v1nnx8yh

I'm not exactly sure what color it is for C. Viper, but try them all (square, triangle, X and R1) and tell me the results.

When I select the character the game hangs. The character select screen just shows a solid black version of the character, and the game never continues to the next screen.
Krisan Thyme
advanced

Post by Krisan Thyme »

DerMeister wrote:What's up with some textures? They seem to have the ID 27 and show up as corrupted when previewing with Noesis. I also can't seem to convert them via hexing. For example, Tron Bonne's eye texture and some of her effects.

I've attached Tron Bonne's eye texture (specifically, the one from her 3P color) if anyone wants to help with these freaky things.
I'm noticing the same problem with Tron's eye texture. Not really sure what's up with these, but it'd be nice to get them properly converted.
iK1L73r
n00b

Post by iK1L73r »

can somebody tellme how to convert the .mod to .obj or something like that
i try 2 convert them with noesis but when i try 2 export it crashes and xandreale dont open them :constipated:
maniacoloco
advanced

Post by maniacoloco »

iK1L73r wrote:can somebody tellme how to convert the .mod to .obj or something like that
i try 2 convert them with noesis but when i try 2 export it crashes and xandreale dont open them :constipated:
Noesis exports MVC3 mod files to obj directly, you don't need to use xandreale.
iK1L73r
n00b

Post by iK1L73r »

maniacoloco wrote:
iK1L73r wrote:i try 2 convert them with noesis but when i try 2 export it crashes :constipated:
Noesis exports MVC3 mod files to obj directly, you don't need to use xandreale.
yes i tryed but noesis crashes :roll: