Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Satoh
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Satoh »

Oh nnnoooo... I'll have to write the FF9 stuff myself?!
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Satoh wrote:Oh nnnoooo... I'll have to write the FF9 stuff myself?!
Well... I guess we'll see what I can do between now and when my first contract starts up. I don't know when that will actually be though, it could be tomorrow or a week. I'm currently feeling no motivation at all, though, so I have to be honest and say I'm probably just going to be a lazy pile of crap and watch TV for the rest of the night. I'll see if I can summon motivation to finally look at FF9 tomorrow, though, cause that had been first in my queue before I got distracted with Bujingai (I was watching a dorama with Gackt in it, couldn't help myself) and went on a PS2 kick.

By the way, who is responsible for all those specs you PM'd me a while back? I would like to give credit to the correct individuals if possible, but I don't recall seeing any individual names on the qhimm wiki either.
Satoh
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Satoh »

Unfortunately the wiki page seems to be down at the moment, but I recall Zidane2 and Zande are the two who did a large majority of the work on FF9. I according to a PM I got, Qhimm started writing a model viewer but gave up on it, and the source code was released... looking through it it seems to be almost nothing close to a runnable file nonetheless a viewer... Then again C++ isn't my forte...

But if I had to put money on it, I'd weigh my bets on Zande and Zidane mostly.

I hope that helps.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Chev did some stuff too, although I think he mostly just started writing a model viewer

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8781.0

He's on here too.
Satoh
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Satoh »

The FF9 stuff is freaking awesome, but I'm having an issue with export.

Take a look at this data from the OBJ export of Freya

Code: Select all

v  -217.847580 -400.081451 65494.441406
v  -185.781647 -412.432251 65523.082031
v  -225.771103 -424.573151 65495.613281
The Z axis coord is REALLY big... I'm betting it's supposed to be something more like -41 rather than 65494

I've confirmed the same issue with DAE export of the files as well. I first noticed it because Blender wasn't importing the data, or it seemed like it wasn't... In actuality it was far beyond the camera clipping plane.

Also, I get the feeling these negative values are supposed to be positives, as the majority of the values in both files are negative, which seems odd.

Are these accidental issues with the FF9 import or the entire export function? I don't have access to any other models on this computer so I can't test it...

Edit: It seems that the number 65494 (0xFFD6) should be 214 (0x00D6) or -40 (also 0xFFD6)
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Looks like the bone length is signed 16-bits and not 24-bits as those specs would suggest. That is causing the root bone on that particular model to shoot way off on a single axis. I'll get a fix up in a moment.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I tried to download Noesis 3.13 on oasis.xentax.com a few minutes ago, but it gave me this error:

"This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel, the leading hosting automation software. You see this page because there is no Web site at this address."
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

could you integrate in the Noesis GUI the possibility for renaming/deleting files directly from the program?

EDIT: thumbs up for the Necron Model on the main page.

EDIT: some GMO models appear to have some of their animations incorrect. in Dissidia 012 gmo 1662886312_16 and others have the animations of the cape incorrectly rendered, stiffer than in-game.
I also got this Image
I'm not sure wheter this is a bug of the program or not, but I thought I'd post it here, to be on the safe side.
jinakanishi
ultra-n00b

Post by jinakanishi »

theres a fatal flaw in the newer versions of the program anything above version 2.63 will corrupt dae files when you try to export or convert
Sniperello
n00b

Post by Sniperello »

Please add Ninja BLADE plugin
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
S0UZ
advanced

Post by S0UZ »

Could you mind add support for Bloody Roar 3 plz?
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
S0UZ
advanced

Post by S0UZ »

Oh sorry but if i have some skill in coding, I will do it by my self and not make you teaching me like that Zerox, and i know my request make somebody take their time for that but that because i see noesis is the good extracter and more it can animate,no need for other program,may be i will wait for Señor Casaroja him self for teaching how to reverse engineer.
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

and yet MrAdults found the time to release a small update. such greatness.