Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Nintendogs - rip models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Verqus
ultra-n00b

Nintendogs - rip models

Post by Verqus »

Hi , i would like to rip Nintendogs: Labrador and Friends models, how can i do this? And also i would like to convert .nsbmd to .obj
Ares722
veteran

Re: Nintendogs - rip models

Post by Ares722 »

First note: you should post a sample file to let us studying the format.
Second note: nsbmd (BMD0) is the most common NDS format so if you serch on the forum and on the web I'm sure you will find what you need. es: NSBMD Tool
Third note: not all nsbmd from different NDS games are the same. So I adivise you to post some samples.
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

The file you see is the .nds rom and it's like an iso for pc. You need a nds viewer to see how the files are set.
Then you have some of ways to proceed. You can use an hex editor to extract narc(conteiner of nsbmds) and nsbmd(mdl0) files.
Or some tools already present on the web (use google) to view and extract directly the files of 3d models es: Tihaxa by Arcnor.
and finally nsbmd tool.

the backgrounds and 3d items can be viewed well.

And this is one of the dogs...mmmmm probably after the passage of an Industrial truck...lool :D
( i'll try with another version of the tool)
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

Solved the mistery .....You need to use the old version of nsbmd tool to view correctly all 3d models of this game.
It's really simple fo find it on the web. Then you can use a3d ripper like 3dvia or ogle3d to ripp the models from the viewer.

Next time if you want help you need to upload some samples (in this case nsbmd files) not the rom ,or eventually ask to us
how to obtain some sample from the rom or iso.

(I prefer the first version of the dog.XDD)
Last edited by Ares722 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RacingFreak
veteran

Post by RacingFreak »

Ares722, could you please tell if there`s possible way to output .nsbmd files as .obj or even .3ds? Thanks.
Verqus
ultra-n00b

Post by Verqus »

Ares722 wrote:Solved the mistery .....You need to use the old version of nsbmd tool to view correctly all 3d models of this game.
It's really simple fo find it on the web. Then you can use a3d ripper like 3dvia or ogle3d to ripp the models from the viewer.

Next time if you want help you need to upload some samples (in this case nsbmd files) not the rom ,or eventually ask to us

EDIT : Please remove the link to that illegal site. They are not accepted in this forum.
How can i extract every dog model contained in the game? and the extract in .obj file format? Can you extract them?
Where can i download OGLE?
Verqus
ultra-n00b

Post by Verqus »

Ares722 wrote:Solved the mistery .....You need to use the old version of nsbmd tool to view correctly all 3d models of this game.

EDIT : Please remove the link to that illegal site. They are not accepted in this forum.
Verqus
ultra-n00b

Post by Verqus »

Verqus
ultra-n00b

Post by Verqus »

Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

RacingFreak wrote:Ares722, could you please tell if there`s possible way to output .nsbmd files as .obj or even .3ds? Thanks.
Actually you can only rip the models from the nsbmd viewer in T-pose using 3dvia printscreen or Ogle3d.
( in dae format for 3dvia or obj for ogle3d). I advise you 3dvia printscreen, it's more simple and stable.
The main problem is that you have to fix the uv maps manually, because they are oversized in relation of the texures.

This is the model at the start....see the textures:

This is how it appeares the model after you fixed it:

Verqus
ultra-n00b

Post by Verqus »

Ares722 wrote:
RacingFreak wrote:Ares722, could you please tell if there`s possible way to output .nsbmd files as .obj or even .3ds? Thanks.
Actually you can only rip the models from the nsbmd viewer in T-pose using 3dvia printscreen or Ogle3d.
( in dae format for 3dvia or obj for ogle3d). I advise you 3dvia printscreen, it's more simple and stable.
The main problem is that you have to fix the uv maps manually, because they are oversized in relation of the texures.

This is the model at the start....see the textures:

This is how it appeares the model after you fixed it:

Can you upload the ripped model of the dog you ripped? Can you extract other dogs from the game? Also where can i get OGLE 3D? and how can i convert 3dxml to .obj or .3ds? and where can i find the old version of nsbmd viewer?
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Last edited by Ares722 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Verqus
ultra-n00b

Post by Verqus »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

Verqus
ultra-n00b

Post by Verqus »