Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Tekken 6

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Armor King
n00b

Re: Tekken 6

Post by Armor King »

How do you use this poopypants anyway?
Armor King
n00b

Post by Armor King »

What code should I use write using poopypants? I tried to run it through cmd promt but it said the system cannot execute the program. I tried to decompress it but it didnt give the nmd files. The file that I decompress just got bigger. I NEED HELP PLEASE.
rev
ultra-n00b

Post by rev »

sprayer wrote:
rev wrote:Can somebody here post the extracted models, or is it against the rules? I only have the PS3 version and I don't have a bluray drive on my pc :(
+1000
Anybody? Please :(
jordanpower6
n00b

Post by jordanpower6 »

MrAdults wrote:Attached is a stupid and blunt tool to extract the idx+bin files, but it requires the bin to be decompressed (if applicable) before-hand. It will name everything with a .raw extension, except files which it can find model data in which will be named with a .nmd extension. (probably not appropriate, but it's the extension I started using for this format due to SC4)

I've still only looked through the 301 bin to any extent so far, but I've found that most of the characters' parts and crap are not in the same files:
http://img36.imageshack.us/i/alisay.jpg/
My model loader handles infinite layers of data for the stacked containers (most of the files are stacked), but that doesn't reveal a lot. Most commonly it just produces some extra texture sets (they like to store head textures in separate chunks for some reason).

I'm curious if there are some more complete "decked out" character models, maybe for cinematics or other canned purposes, in the other .bin files. Otherwise putting them together could be a real pain, unless someone finds the data that links all of that stuff together.

Edit: Got around to checking out the other bins, turns out almost all of the default costumes are in single packages in some of the later bins.
And http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3109/t6chars.jpg
What bins contain the default costumes?
Armor King
n00b

Post by Armor King »

Here is Armor King
ArmorKingRender.jpg
I dont know why his eyes are light green and blue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sidneymadmax
beginner

Post by sidneymadmax »

I have the tools and files you use most do not know please help me = (
sh0ck1
n00b

Post by sh0ck1 »

Wow, you guys are amazing. I didn't know this kind of stuff was possible. Looking into it right now as there are non-art assets I'm interested in. I do have questions about how you coders wrote the program though (I'd really like to learn how to do that) that extracts data to that file format. That reverse engineering is mind blowing to me, if someone could link me to a tutorial on it or something I'd really appreciate it.
MuffinMan123
beginner

Post by MuffinMan123 »

nina's face model looks the worst in tekken 6, I wonder if the file format is the same in tekken 5 dark resurrection so I can just do the same steps and extract her TDR model.
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

data302 and 303 (mainly 303) contain the map (stages) models.

After exporting the clothes I realized that the textures were stored separately from the clothing themselves (didn't play tekken 6, but I'm guessing you could change clothes and clothing color) and that each file that contained textures had a whole bunch of textures.

Anyone know if all the textures for the maps there as well? I extracted some images but it seems pretty hard to match them up. At least with clothes you knew they appeared somewhere near the clothing meshes themselves.
Cocobollz
ultra-n00b

Post by Cocobollz »

Can anyone here upload the DATA301.IDX file? I need it to run poopypants :( So please, anyone? :D
Davik1
ultra-n00b

Post by Davik1 »

Could anyone post the uvs for Lars and Alisa.
viperzerofsx
veteran

Post by viperzerofsx »

I am looking for this CFA-44 model that makes a cameo in g service security level in campaign. It is an ace combat 6 easter egg and since we cannot rip from any ace combat game this would help the ace combat community. also my friend is working on a supreme commander mod and he needs a CFA-44 reference. If someone could help or at lest tell me what archive it is in>

Cocobollz
ultra-n00b

Post by Cocobollz »

What is CFA-44? Isn't that Lili in the picture? Her body sure looks like Lili and looking at the small picture in the top left corner, it is surely is Lili :D. I think it is Lili with different hair set. If Lili is what you're looking for, then according to firsak, she's in DATA310.BIN.
firsak wrote:Spent some time looking through the Tekken NMD files.

Here's a list I made of what's inside the archives:
data301 - characters' base models (no hair, no clothing)
data302 - misc junk
data303 - misc junk
data304 - misc thugs, a few characters from story mode, art
data305 - Paul, Law, Lei, King, Yoshimitsu,
data306 - Nina, Hwoarang, Xiaoyu, Christie, Jin
data307 - Julia, Kuma, Bryan, Heihachi, Kazuya
data308 - Lee, Steve, Craig, Mokujin, Eddy, Jack6
data309 - Roger, Anna, Wang, Ganryu, Asuka, Bruce
data310 - Baek, Devil Jin, Raven, Feng, Armor King, Lili
data311 - Sergei, Bob, Zafina, Miguel, Leo
data312 - Azazel, Lars, Alisa, NANCY

Characters files will be in the same order as in this list. So, for example, if you start cycling through the NMDs of data310, the first 200 files or so will be parts of Baek, then, another ~200 files of Devil Jin. An so on.

The files that you'll encounter in data305 -> data312 can be divided in the following categories:
- body parts with no diffuse textures (green bump maps are displayed by Noesis instead)
- each body part is immediately followed by 1-3 files that contain sets of diffuse textures for that part
- junk files with data that Noesis probably doesn't understand (a single gray triangle is displayed)
- miscellaneous hairstyles (usually with no textures - some shared texture is used for those, I guess)
- a full character in a t-pose usually finalizes the set of files for that character

Half of the characters are not present in a form of a single model - so you'll have to assemble them from parts.
For instance, there isn't a full default t-pose model of Lars Alexandersson (just a few goofy ones with a half-moon over Lars' head). But at the same time there is a full default 1p model of Alisa Boskonovitch.
If you only need the model but can't extract her from the BIN, there's a guy at tombraiderforums.com (Matty-Croft) who share the extracted Lili model in xnalara format.
firsak
advanced

Post by firsak »

He meant aircraft models.
Oinky
ultra-n00b

Post by Oinky »

what is the data for animation, and what model viewer should i use to see the model AND the animation? ALso i try noesis, but some data somewhat strange i cannot see it very clear, some of the data even worst like the face and other things...