Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Gray Matter model importer (.b3d, .bba)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Szkaradek123
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Gray Matter model importer (.b3d, .bba)

Post by Szkaradek123 »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chrrox

Re: Gray Matter model importer (.b3d, .bba)

Post by chrrox »

Nice job your on a roll :)
SLIFallen
advanced

Post by SLIFallen »

Sadly it appears this script is not working on the 360 version extractions just updated by bacter here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5407&start=15

Script fails on line 405 openfile('b3d')

I've checked that I have the correct Python version # and that the script is in the directory with the extracted file (model)

HERE is a sample file that is failing the script:
Szkaradek123
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Szkaradek123 »

Update for xbox360 version of this game. (reversed Endianness)
- textures are in tex format, that not read script
- animation are supported
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SLIFallen
advanced

Post by SLIFallen »

Szkaradek123 wrote:Update for xbox360 version of this game. (reversed Endianness)
- textures are in tex format, that not read script
- animation are supported
Wow, that was fast! Indeed it works! (at least the model part) Like you said, the textures are compressed though (.tex) vs. the PC version being straight .dds. I'll post samples on the appropriate forum for review.

Thanks again!
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

cool
gambit37
n00b

Post by gambit37 »

Complete Blender noob here. I tried using this script but I have no idea how to get it to work. It just pops up some kind of error window that I can't get rid of, that says "Convert Game Engine script from 4.48 API to 2.49 API".

Anyone know how to solve this?
SLIFallen
advanced

Post by SLIFallen »

gambit37 wrote:Complete Blender noob here. I tried using this script but I have no idea how to get it to work. It just pops up some kind of error window that I can't get rid of, that says "Convert Game Engine script from 4.48 API to 2.49 API".

Anyone know how to solve this?

I think I know what the problem is...

You *MUST* use this version of blender AND Python only!

Blender 249, Python 2.6

Completely uninstall any newer versions of both apps and download and install those versions specifically.
gambit37
n00b

Post by gambit37 »

Thanks. I have Blender 2.49b and Python 2.6.6 -- does that little ".6" really make so much difference!? :)

I'll try uninstalling anyway -- I'm using tyhe 64bit version of Blender which is not yet as robust as the 32-bit version.

EDIT: That worked :-) I removed 64bit blender and 64 bit python, and installed 32-bit Blender 2.49 and 32-bit Python 2.6.6. The script now imports the Gray Matter meshes :-)

Thanks for your help.
SLIFallen
advanced

Post by SLIFallen »

gambit37 wrote:Thanks. I have Blender 2.49b and Python 2.6.6 -- does that little ".6" really make so much difference!? :)

I'll try uninstalling anyway -- I'm using tyhe 64bit version of Blender which is not yet as robust as the 32-bit version.

EDIT: That worked :-) I removed 64bit blender and 64 bit python, and installed 32-bit Blender 2.49 and 32-bit Python 2.6.6. The script now imports the Gray Matter meshes :-)

Thanks for your help.
Sorry, I should have specified it needed to be the 32bit version as well. Glad it worked out for you tho. :)