Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Soul Calibur 4

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
sprayer
beginner

Re: Soul Calibur 4

Post by sprayer »

firsak забыл сменить ей выражение на физиономии))
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Maybe you find this useful.
Last edited by Tosyk on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

Thanks a lot tosyk
Antuniey
ultra-n00b

Post by Antuniey »

:P hello... hey... somebody can send to me where I get a "spd extractor"??? XD
ekul1021
ultra-n00b

Post by ekul1021 »

Are you guys using a modded Xbox 360 for this?
maniacoloco
advanced

Post by maniacoloco »

ekul1021 wrote:Are you guys using a modded Xbox 360 for this?
Nope, install your game in an USB memory flash and then extract those files to your PC using some scene 360 software or download an iso of the game.
Logan
ultra-n00b

Post by Logan »

Ok I'm sorry for reviving this, but I have no knowledge about 3dsmax or anything, but I really want to get some nice high res screenshots of my favorite Ivy. I've downloaded a characters archive posted here and even managed to open Ivy model in 3dsmax (it's the first one, R_ALL_00b_360.lbx). But when I try to render it, it says that textures missing and asks me to show the way where they are. I do but program still can't see them. Any help please. Or better yet, is it possible to simply post here a ready Ivy model in any 3d program?
inferry
n00b

Post by inferry »

Logan wrote:Ok I'm sorry for reviving this, but I have no knowledge about 3dsmax or anything, but I really want to get some nice high res screenshots of my favorite Ivy. I've downloaded a characters archive posted here and even managed to open Ivy model in 3dsmax (it's the first one, R_ALL_00b_360.lbx). But when I try to render it, it says that textures missing and asks me to show the way where they are. I do but program still can't see them. Any help please. Or better yet, is it possible to simply post here a ready Ivy model in any 3d program?
You are not reviving nothing, the tread only have four days of inactivity.
For the model, you must optimize the textures in order to 3dMax to show them, I encourage you to follow the Tosyk's tutorial, like 4 or 5 coments above.
maniacoloco wrote:
ekul1021 wrote:Are you guys using a modded Xbox 360 for this?
Nope, install your game in an USB memory flash and then extract those files to your PC using some scene 360 software or download an iso of the game.
How you do that, as far as I know you can't install a game in any other place than the hard drive?

Now to the topic:
The characters pack that was posted here before does not only contains the figthing characters, but the characters that you must have to figth in some history mode events, it also contains the models from the initial cut-escene of Algol and Arcturus who apears at the last time just before to be turned in cristal or ice, wathever, and the gray mitsurugi "dummy" the game use for show the combos list and combat practice.
Thank you so much for sharing them.

This is a little update to the firsak's characters list:
088_Mitsurugi.fbx ----> 088_GMitsurugi_Dummy.fbx
101_male.fbx ---------> 101_Mitsurugi.fbx
104_male.fbx ---------> 104_Maxi.fbx
108_male.fbx ---------> 108_Rock.fbx
112_male.fbx ---------> 112_Astaroth.fbx
114_male.fbx ---------> 114_Cervantes_de_Leon.fbx

Now for the users of 3DMax, is there a way to export the bones out to max to any other format like .bvh or .c3d), I want them to used it on blender, but any usable format would be welcome.
If this is not posible, how can I see the vertices afected for certain bones in 3DMax?

Tanks in advance. :)
Sorry for my english.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

inferry wrote:This is a little update to the firsak's characters list:
088_Mitsurugi.fbx ----> 088_GMitsurugi_Dummy.fbx
101_male.fbx ---------> 101_Mitsurugi.fbx
104_male.fbx ---------> 104_Maxi.fbx
108_male.fbx ---------> 108_Rock.fbx
112_male.fbx ---------> 112_Astaroth.fbx
114_male.fbx ---------> 114_Cervantes_de_Leon.fbx

Now for the users of 3DMax, is there a way to export the bones out to max to any other format like .bvh or .c3d), I want them to used it on blender, but any usable format would be welcome.
If this is not posible, how can I see the vertices afected for certain bones in 3DMax?
thanks for sharing your researches, you can export animation in *.fbx from max and importing *.fbx files into the blender, but i'm not really sure about animation, just try your luck :)
my blog | my forum
inferry
n00b

Post by inferry »

But the *.fbx format is exclusive to autodesk applications, you can export them from blender but you can't import to it, there was a plugin in development but they never finished, I actually have tried with all the available file formats in 3DMax that blender can import, like *.dae, *.dxf, etc. many import just the mesh with UV and others like collada, don't import nothing.

That's why I was asking for only animation because I see the option in 3DMax but it says that no frames were animated (or something like that).

So i'm still looking a way to export the stuff, and now that I think abouth it, witch file format is the one you get from the *.spd files afther extraction? is the *.fbx?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

@orbbu
Could you post the PS3 model for cassandra if you have it, I would like to see the diferences in the polys of the models.

Edit: corrected "Autodesk" instead of "adove", that should be "Adobe" by the way
Last edited by inferry on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

inferry wrote:But the *.fbx format is exclusive to adove applications, you can export them from blender but you can't import to it
ah, yeah you right, sorry, so no way for now, or maybe you can find more help on blender nation
my blog | my forum
ekul1021
ultra-n00b

Post by ekul1021 »

Is it possible to edit and put the "edited" clothing texture back into the game without using 3dmax?
daydreamdirty
n00b

Post by daydreamdirty »

Ok definitely interested in this whole thread and read it all. I will see how far i can get hacking soul calibur 4 but in the mean time i have a question.

Who here has successfully hacked it so far?
And if so, can you make me a copy?
Willing to pay for your services if that's what it takes.
daydreamdirty
n00b

Post by daydreamdirty »

Also forgot to mention i'm primarily interested in the nude hack but if there's other cool hacks out there....say a lightsaber hack, that would definitely be wanted as well.
skytoast
n00b

Post by skytoast »

ekul1021 wrote:Is it possible to edit and put the "edited" clothing texture back into the game without using 3dmax?
No first of all you dont use 3DSmax at all to put anything back into the game. You're using 3DSMax (or other 3D application) to edit the characters from the extracted models, textures, etc. from the game. Unfortunately, it isn't a simple process to reverse this and put all this edited stuff back into the game. You're using spd tools to extract the models but there isn't a compiler to bundle it all back together. Also if you're using an xbox360, its pretty strict in terms of what can be changed since there is some sort of CRC-like check so any changes in file size and such will cause the game to freeze. Not sure how it goes on the PS3 but I imagine it to be very similar.

The down and dirty method is using a hex editor but this isnt an easy process. You can read about it in previous posts in this thread. The only other "easy" trick is model swapping existing clothing which is simply done by rearranging or "renaming" files. As for a nude hack (...always seem to be the sought after thing in these kind of games... gees.. lol), sorry but doesnt exist in this game. The developers did not include the extra meshes (either to save space/game resources or keep dirty minds away ..hehe) so all the "private parts" are missing. If you were to remove all the clothing, you'll get these empty areas that resemble blank patches or just an empty space. If you're still persistent, the best you could probably do is create it yourself but good luck trying to get it to work - for reasons already mentioned =).