Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
vagos21
veteran

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by vagos21 »

jessica did it, if you follow the same process you'll do it, and not YOUR OWN scripts, the scripts i have in MY zip file work perfectly and make BIN files, not ige and wav and whatever your brain's stuck into. if you followed the instructions you'd get it all right, but all you did was blame us that the instructions were wrong. well done thank you!
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

@mordax There are 2 (two) scripts in this thread that unpack .big archives. One that results in .bin files, and one that tries to determine the actual file type (.wav, .bnk...)
USE THE FIRST ONE, it's attached in both my archive and the one from vagos.

If you still have 2200 files left it's because the filelist.log from vagos doesn't cover the language files from MULTI5 release.

If you find it hard to follow so many instructions just use my alternative method which does everything for you. Did you miss my post? It's on the previous page, right before you posted!
1. Download
2. Extract
3. Double click
4. ??
5. Profit
mordax wrote:this still does not eplain how .ige becomes .ig2
original file is .ige, but renamer makes it .ig2 i had to replace all .ig2 with .ige inside of filelist.log in order to get correct results.
i think this is why some ppl had issues with running game with "open" files, because game tries to load .ige while this stupid filelist.log makes it .ig2 so game cant find it and crashes.
Let me explain it to you mister smarty pants: ig2 is the correct extension! Like I said, the second script from qwerty tries to determine the file type, and it does this based on their headers. A file's header is not necessarily the same as it's extension, qwerty said himself that the script is not fullproof.
filelist.log is not stupid, all names are generated from the actual game executable, so you can't argue their accurateness. The reason why some people had issues with running the game unpacked was that they couldn't find/follow simple instructions.
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.
mordax
beginner

Post by mordax »

@Chipicao thx for explanation, now it wasnt so hard, was it ?
a simple, yet short explanation, instead of mess
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

The problem is this explanation will also get buried in useless posts. The OP should edit his first post with full instructions.
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.
Jessica
beginner

Post by Jessica »

Chipicao wrote:The problem is this explanation will also get buried in useless posts. The OP should edit his first post with full instructions.
Since he wont do it i had to make a new thread that wont get burried with useless posts. So please post your instructions there too :)
mordax
beginner

Post by mordax »

problem is that there have been fake/non working scripts in earlier posts. if somebody starts reading from page 1 then he/she will end up doing it wrong.
usually topic evolves, but in this one there are false things. so first they will end up with .bnk. wav..etc files (like what happend to me) and then they do not realize why it isnt working because it was said to work, but they dont realize that in further posts it has been fixed without any reference to old one not working properly.

as this topic is a big mess already can somebody tell me how to make that filelist.log? or where is it taken from.
i have steam version and i have about 2000 files left to sort

what about db_data.cpr. vagos said that do hex research which doesnt really explain anything. there is nothing to research in plain hex. 1234567890ABCDEF byte by byte
hex is simple as ascii or dec to me
vagos did you meant converting values into hex and other way around?
veyron has 1001hp by default and i cant find 1001 in db_data.cpr
i tried converting into hex but still nothing
Jessica
beginner

Post by Jessica »

How do i get bikini glitch on pc version?
Jessica
beginner

Post by Jessica »

What would be a good setting for EMP?

EmpDuration = 999.00
EmpLoadDuration =10.00
EmpDistance = 9999.00
EmpCooldown = 1.0

???

What numeric figures would you guys put there?
alissonsvier
ultra-n00b

Post by alissonsvier »

Hi everyone. Somebody explain me how I can extract the bnk file? I've searched a lot (including in this topic), but don´t find how....I'm sorry about my english
overkill
ultra-n00b

Post by overkill »

Followed this topic from start to finish and I have the tdu2 models extracted, however they are in a new .bnk format and they cannot be opened with tdu1 mod tools? How do I break open the car .bnk's are they encrypted or something???

Even zmodeler2 needs the .3dg file from the bnk file.???

Am I supposed to run tdudec on the bnk file and if so how ..please help
kertakos
ultra-n00b

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by kertakos »

Same problem, the .big files have been extracted (I see all the .bnk files), spite of this fact I can't export the texture and mesh files from the .bnk files.

P L E A S E H E L P U S ! ! !
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

kertakos wrote:Same problem, the .big files have been extracted (I see all the .bnk files), spite of this fact I can't export the texture and mesh files from the .bnk files.

complete all from this post, then use bms script for unpack *.bnk files
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
DevilZ
ultra-n00b

Post by DevilZ »

Ok people,

I tried to change the rims of the cars and it worked for some cars. I put the Veyron Sang Bleu rims on my Land Rover.
I first tried to put the Sang Bleu rims on the Audi RS6, didn't work in game so I tried to open the bnk files with TDU Bnk Editor 1.0 - By Jeffrey and, I couldn't open the RS6 bnk, then i tried to open the Sang Bleu bnk and I was successful. I also tried to open the Land Rover bnk and was also successful. So I put the Sang Bleu rims on the Land Rover and it was working. Do u get what I'm trying to say? :D If it's possible to open the bnk with Jeffreys Bnk Editor then it's also possible to change the rims to different cars. Thats just a theory cause I haven't tried it yet with all cars and rims.

If you people are interessted I'll make a list with possible rim swaps. (:

overkill
ultra-n00b

Post by overkill »

Tosyk wrote:
kertakos wrote:Same problem, the .big files have been extracted (I see all the .bnk files), spite of this fact I can't export the texture and mesh files from the .bnk files.

complete all from this post, then use bms script for unpack *.bnk files

EDIT Got it to work using Jessica decrypt bin files script, (only your not decrypting the bin your decrypting the bnk car files !!!)

xx
SWORDS
ultra-n00b

Post by SWORDS »

@Chipicao

Thanks for your package for playing the game extracted
it s less time consuming than the first method and extracted all the necessary files...

@Jessica

I m interresting and search for a swap or another workaround for make the bikini suit playable
in TDU 1 there was no 3D model for the swuimsuit just a slot. Now there are clothes for npc with a w_pn_t_swimsuit_01.bnk one for the top and a w_pn_b_swimsuit_01.bnk for the lower part of the swuimsuit I presume. I want to decompress the bnk to find what clothe is more compatable for a swap or an alteration of the files inside a playable clothe.
Using BNK editor 1.0 can repack some bnk files or not in TDU2 it s the question.