Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

extracting the audio of PS3 *.usm videos - NEED HELP!

Need help in demystifying video formats of your favourite game? Go here.
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

extracting the audio of PS3 *.usm videos - NEED HELP!

Post by AlphaTwentyThree »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: extracting the audio of PS3 *.usm videos - NEED HELP!

By the way, this video format is also used in the new Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Xbox 360), so it could get used more often in the future.
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)
hcs
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by hcs »

Hey, I know this is kind of old, but have you tried usm_deinterleave (in the utf_tab suite)? I wasn't able to try it on your file since the link has died.
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

hcs wrote:Hey, I know this is kind of old, but have you tried usm_deinterleave (in the utf_tab suite)? I wasn't able to try it on your file since the link has died.
Oh, didn't notice that you actually wrote tools! ;) Will try when I get home. :)
Savage
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Savage »

You know where found a tool/script to reconvert the USM to mpg?
Or any USm tools? SFD tools are obsolete.
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
hcs
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by hcs »

Ah, as I'd expected might be possible, this has multiple audio streams in it. Now that I have an example I'll try to add support for it.
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Cool, thanks a lot in advance! :)
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Any progress?
Pey
n00b

Post by Pey »

Crysis 2 video files are all usm files :(

Was anyone able to play them?
Haoose
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Haoose »

have someone to convert the USM-video files?
Format CryMovie
-= GP-team =-
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

After a quick talk with hcs, he recommended that I try VGMToolbox by snakemeat.
This worked well with most Crysis 2 videos but some audio streams, I think background music, wouldn't play in winamp. I don't know if this has something to do with the tool or the winamp plugin.
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.
snakemeat
advanced

Post by snakemeat »

Chipicao wrote:but some audio streams, I think background music, wouldn't play in winamp. I don't know if this has something to do with the tool or the winamp plugin.
Can you tell me a few of the names of files that won't play? Also, bxaimc has mentioned that some of the extracted files have loop start and end set to zero. You may want to try telling vgmstream to ignore loops and see if that works.
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

Most cinematic files: GameResolution_st.usm, fb1.usm, fb2.usm (download), fb3.usm, fb4.usm
They contain several audio streams in adx format with speech in different languages (but identical size), and one larger audio stream which won't play and I presume contains background music/soundfx. This one is almost 3 times the size of one speech adx, give or take a few bytes.

There is one exception though: Prophets_Journey.usm. Its music stream is also identical in size to the speech streams and is playable.
snakemeat wrote:You may want to try telling vgmstream to ignore loops and see if that works.
How do I do that, I couldn't find any settings... or maybe I'm not looking in the right place
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.
snakemeat
advanced

Post by snakemeat »

Chipicao wrote:fb2.usm

They contain several audio streams in adx format with speech in different languages (but identical size), and one larger audio stream which won't play and I presume contains background music/soundfx. This one is almost 3 times the size of one speech adx, give or take a few bytes.
Tested with your posted sample. It's just as bxaimc described. Loop points are set to 0. To configure vgmstream to ignore loops, Right Click Winamp and Select Options > Preferences. Go to Plug-ins > Input, and select vgmstream plugin from the list on the right and click the "Configure" button. You'll see 3 radio buttons describing Loop behavior. Choose "Ignore looping" and they should play.