Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Cloud452
veteran

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Cloud452 »

MrAdults wrote:Well, most likely that data is in the mot files that Noesis extracts from the game's package. I haven't even looked at them myself yet, so I have no idea how hard it would be to get at the data. But if you are not familiar with the process of reverse-engineering animation data, you probably aren't going to have any luck with it. If you are, well, you can get a copy of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition, load up a Noesis plugin (solutions and projects are included with Noesis in pluginsource.zip) and modify it to do what you want. The IQM plugin demonstrates how to get animation data to Noesis, although it does it in a somewhat unusual manner. If you wanted to feed pure animation data back from your plugin instead of model+animation data, you would use rapi->Noesis_AllocModelContainer(NULL, animData, 1); instead of the typical rpgConstructModel interface.
Presently not at all familiar with any of it. Quite frankly, without Noesis, I'd be up you-know-what creek without a paddle. However, despite this I'm more than willing to learn... even if it takes a good amount of time to have a decent understanding, and anything come out of it.
poofacetherisen
n00b

Post by poofacetherisen »

Can Noesis support animation data for FF7 with some sort of plugin? I figure if that is possible then modding all the battle animations would be much less like stick figure pivot animator.

Either way, keep up the great work!

EDIT:
Mirrorman95 wrote:Is there any way to modify the KH2 plugin so the textures have transparency?
I don't know, but Xnview can perform batch image processing on most formats I use. http://www.xnview.com/
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Mirrorman95 wrote:Is there any way to modify the KH2 plugin so the textures have transparency?
I'm sure you can live without a bit of transparency until Revelation updates. It gives you alpha when you export anyway so it's not a problem.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

ultimaespio wrote:
I'm sure you can live without a bit of transparency until Revelation updates. It gives you alpha when you export anyway so it's not a problem.
It does? Well then, okay.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

I'm most comfortable with the dds file format and max/maya, so for KH models, I usually grab the textures first with 3dripper and yaz0r's viewer, and use those and tell noesis to not export textures.

And on another topic, I don't know if this would help anyone else, but I found a nifty little dae text editor that a prgorammer named Remi Arnaud created here:
https://github.com/RemiArnaud/DAE-notepad

Sure, you can just edit them in wordpad, but it still is nice to have on hand, for me anyway.
Player
n00b

Post by Player »

Predator model from the game Aliens vs Predator look with errors

thanks so much for Noesis
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Those are just degenerate triangles from the strips that only show up when drawing triangle outlines for the model. Quite harmless really.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

q to MrAdults:
1 - can you implementing support of FBX format (i think most stable and optimal format to storing model/animation data)
2 - can i use noesis in command line "mode" (i want to convert models recursively through the folders)
3 - there is any way to disable left-side tree-menu (i'd love to use noesis like simple viewer, but this menu loading tree for all of my deep-deep thousands folders)
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

MrAdults any chance you're gonna add noesis support for marvel vs capcom 3 ??
Cloud452
veteran

Post by Cloud452 »

Maybe I've done something I was unware of in 3Ds max, but so far when I import an exported model, I have to reassign all the textures:

Unless I'm somehow recalling incorrectly and it never did what I imagine it had. :eek:
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

Cloud452 wrote:Maybe I've done something I was unware of in 3Ds max, but so far when I import an exported model, I have to reassign all the textures:

Unless I'm somehow recalling incorrectly and it never did what I imagine it had. :eek:
Check the dae file in wordpad. Exported dae files link the materials as material00 instead of material00.png/bmp/jpg/etc, so that's probably why max is unable to find them. If you go and add the extension it should be able to find them.

Or maybe that's just a problem on my end.
Tosyk wrote:q to MrAdults:
1 - can you implementing support of FBX format (i think most stable and optimal format to storing model/animation data)
2 - can i use noesis in command line "mode" (i want to convert models recursively through the folders)
3 - there is any way to disable left-side tree-menu (i'd love to use noesis like simple viewer, but this menu loading tree for all of my deep-deep thousands folders)
Dumb solution, but you can resize the left sidebar by squishing it... doesn't get rid of it but it makes it much smaller.
I'd also love fbx but dae is great since it works with max and maya (I found the opencollada import/export plugin works the best though, it's also free.)
I think Noesis has a batch mode, where you can batch convert models. Not exactly command line, but still easier than doing a bunch individually if you have a ton you want to convert.
firsak
advanced

Post by firsak »

SoftIce wrote:dae is great
DAE sucks.
Cloud452
veteran

Post by Cloud452 »

SoftIce wrote:
Cloud452 wrote:Maybe I've done something I was unware of in 3Ds max, but so far when I import an exported model, I have to reassign all the textures:

Check the dae file in wordpad. Exported dae files link the materials as material00 instead of material00.png/bmp/jpg/etc, so that's probably why max is unable to find them. If you go and add the extension it should be able to find them.

Or maybe that's just a problem on my end.
Figured it out! For whatever reason it was looking for "ffccdif_63.png.png", the extra file extension tag screwed things up.

Also, for whatever reason it's looking for "ffccdif_65535.png".... but there is no such file with that name. o_O
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I have the same problem with Noesis DAE and Blender. The texture files are recognized into Blender, but not mapped to the character. OBJ works fine, though.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
Ventrue
ultra-n00b

Post by Ventrue »

Hi!

I'm really sorry, if this has been answered before, but I'd like to know why does Noesis export Ninja Gaiden 2 .gmds without boneweights?