Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Open .sns , .sbs files (Fifa 11 xbox 360)Mission impossible?

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Jura88
n00b

Open .sns , .sbs files (Fifa 11 xbox 360)Mission impossible?

Post by Jura88 »

Hi, sorry for my english. I have these two files : the first one , 1.sns , is certainly a song that is compressed in this strange archive . I've done tons of researches concerning this format but it seems no one on earth could open it. The second one , reaction.sbs, contains chants,commentary and other audio stuff. I also tried the quickbms method but here's what my hex editor shows

I tried following the guides to create my own script but I don't know where to start.
Here the two files : http://www.2shared.com/file/xU8N77N-/file_xbox360.html

I will appreciate any help, thank you.
RedDeadRedemption
beginner

Re: Open .sns , .sbs files (Fifa 11 xbox 360)Mission impossi

Post by RedDeadRedemption »

For sns files, you can use this tool.
This tool is consist of :
1. quickbms.exe
2. towav.exe
3. ea_multi_xma.exe
4. xma_test.exe
5. addXMARIFFheader.bms
6. and Start.bat

For canverting sns files of FIFA 11, just click on Start.bat .
Jura88
n00b

Post by Jura88 »

Thank you! It works! Were the hell did you find this? :) So it remains only the .sbs now. Please help me just a little more!
Jura88
n00b

Post by Jura88 »

Help me !
RobbieDPL
beginner

Post by RobbieDPL »

does anyone require the actual files to be uploaded in order to verify if they can be decompressed?
Jura88
n00b

Post by Jura88 »

Hi , I have news.

Rinaldo says :

I guess I need the help of some expert in audio coding. I have been able to understand the structure of .sbr files, they are just a kind of descriptor for locating the actual sounds that are in the .sbs file (e.g. ita_it.sbs) It is also possible to recognize in .sbs some chunks of data starting with a 2 bytes chunk descriptor followed by the size of the chunk in 2 bytes. I found 3 type of chunks:
data starting with 0x48 0x00 describe the sampling rate and other parameters and it is always the first chunk of each sound.
data starting with 0x45 0x00 are just the sound terminator.
data starting with 0x44 0x00 are the actual audio data but they are compressed in a form I cannot figure out.

Opening a .sbs file with an hex editor I think you can easily recognize the chunk identifiers. The question is: which is the format used by 0x44 0x00 chunks to encode audio data ?