Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
vagos21
veteran

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by vagos21 »

qwerty wrote:according to hashes in myrest.log from vagos21's post - many of them are correct, but some are not. generated hashes from your filenames in attachment. you can compare it with your file, or just sort files using corrected list ;)

can you tell me which files were wrong? the hashnames are correct, i don't generate them i just explore the ones already existing. the filenames were wrong, the stickers for example i see now, i forgot to delete the hashes at the end of their names.
for example,
219D370C33C1EE19 "euro/bnk/scenarics/packs/stickers/st_fun01_7FE02EC68F574BD4.bnk"
should be
219D370C33C1EE19 "euro/bnk/scenarics/packs/stickers/st_fun01.bnk"

can you check that?

Edit: i see what you meant by duplicates, yes some were wrong,
i believe this one is right:
myrest.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

Finally got my game to work all extracted.

So ok, what everyone who has participated in cracking TDU2 formats done so far from what I know is.

1. Ability to export the .map & .big files
2. Ability to run the game unpacked << Still WIP really <<
2. Ability to export .bnk file contents
3. Ability to import TDU2 models in 3ds max & Zmodeler

So overall does anyone think putting files back into .bnk's or even make our own is somewhat possible? :]
diablojin
n00b

Post by diablojin »

Hey guys,

Just would like to show you what I have managed to pull out of the mesh in terms of rendering. The mesh was excellent and had great detail,I have gone ahead and cleaned it as well as adding more detail to bring it upto a photo real mesh.

She has been shaded, textured and lit and rendered, let me know what you think.

Thanks again to vagos and all the other guys efforts, really appreciated

http://img850.imageshack.us/i/slsinterior.jpg/
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

@diablojin: Holy ...... That looks amazing. How long did that take you to do all that?
diablojin
n00b

Post by diablojin »

toolieo wrote:@diablojin: Holy ...... That looks amazing. How long did that take you to do all that?
I have been working solidly for a week on it, and sent her for render last night and finished compositing this morning!

This also includes the car mesh as well :)

http://img860.imageshack.us/f/mesh.jpg/
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

Have you done any more? or just the one? :)
diablojin
n00b

Post by diablojin »

toolieo wrote:Have you done any more? or just the one? :)

No this is my first one!

I plan to have a bash with one of the ferrari's soon :)
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

Using the very smart function from qwerty, here is my latest filelist, all checked all the files the hashnames are correct and they exist as bin files, so every single entry in this log is correct. i'm glad the club logos are all right!
myrest.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matt1314
ultra-n00b

Post by matt1314 »

Hey, guys!

Well, you did a great job on getting these DLC cars into the game without paying a cent. But I got a little problem: The text is not showing up in the game when I start TDU2 in the unpacked mode with filelist.exe. The car shows up, but there are no writings at all. Could anybody help me?

Picture:

And what car should I replace to get the Gumpert Apollo into my garage? Will it also have its correct physics if I e.g. replace the Enzo with the Apollo?
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

Replacing bnk files is not the best way to change the cars in your garage. You have to edit a lot more files to also change handling, car data, car name, and who knows what more.

I finished every single challenge in Ibiza, including championships, random character events, treasure hunt and photographs.
I also completed all random character events in Hawaii and got the C1 license, so we should have some more ig2 files.
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.
matt1314
ultra-n00b

Post by matt1314 »

Yeah, that's true. But how do you know which files to change?

I have also completed every race, championship etc. I just need some photos (only 4 left) and 6 or so random character events. But what's that C1 license? Where did you get it? I have also plently of ig2 files, but how do these affect the cars in the garage? I want to get the Apollo into my garage correctly, like you did in your Hot Rod video. Can you teach me (or us) how to do that? I thought exchanging bnk files is the only way to do that...

Edit: I fixed the problem with the text. I had to change the language to English to let it work correctly. I had German set before.
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

Sorry, I meant C3 in Hawaii.
ig2 files are not related to cars but events such as races. Are you logging game files? If so, why don't you post your progress, maybe you can add something to our list.

I don't know which files to edit and frankly I don't care. :) Even if you found out, it would still mean that only you can see the replaced cars (presuming you can go online afterwards).
The best way is to edit the game's memory addresses (there are 3 of them) which contain the ID of the car you are driving and replace it with the ID of any car.

Another quick way that only works in offline mode, and you have to start a new profile, is to edit gamePC.cpr. There are sections to change the default houses in which you start (Ibiza and Hawaii) and also the cars in their garages (again by numeric ID).
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.
matt1314
ultra-n00b

Post by matt1314 »

Logging game files? I don't have a clue of what you mean by that...

Game Memory addresses? Wow, that sounds complicated, how should we know what ID to replace and where it is...

How do you edit these .cpr files? I guess Notepad wouldn't work, right?
How did you actually get the Apollo inside your garage in your Hot Rod video? It showed the correct data and the car model with its wheels etc. looked very fine.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

matt1314 wrote:Logging game files? I don't have a clue of what you mean by that...

Game Memory addresses? Wow, that sounds complicated, how should we know what ID to replace and where it is...

How do you edit these .cpr files? I guess Notepad wouldn't work, right?
How did you actually get the Apollo inside your garage in your Hot Rod video? It showed the correct data and the car model with its wheels etc. looked very fine.
about logging game files, read qwerty's posts on page 14 and u'll see. simply, it's a modified exe that you use instead of the original exe to log all the files it's loading while you play in a file called filelist.log. but that's no use right now, u'll have to redo everything to have the files logged, but in case you want to try it from now on, here's the link http://www.zshare.net/download/87297480af12564f/
mordax
beginner

Post by mordax »

regarding car physics, somebody said that you cant blabla.
ok np, but can somebody tell me exactly, how i can get to see them ?
like extract, decrypt ?!
in which file and how do i open it ? i have tried to decrypt and extract, but nothing works. i want to see car physics.