Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
MrAdults

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults »

Mirrorman95 wrote:I've been having a reoccurring problem with Noesis. First, it can't view DDS images at all. Second, I cannot load any OBJ that has any "f #/# #/# #/#" lines whose #s are negative numbers. This makes it difficult to load anything in Noesis that was taken with 3D Ripper DX. I tried removing all the minuses from the f lines, but then it only loaded the first mesh and screwed it up very badly. I tried removing 5 of the 6 minuses in each line, but then Noesis only loaded a series of points outlining the model, and P3d0 screwed it up even worse.

Is there a way to fix the OBJ plugin, like to give it a routine that allows it to handle "f -#/-# -#/-# -#/-#" on every f line?
I've never come across a DDS or OBJ that doesn't work. You'll have to upload some samples.
revelation any chance you're gonna release kh 2 plugin for noesis ?
One such plugin is in fact now on the plugins page, courtesy of revelation. :)
The Chief
veteran

Post by The Chief »

MrAdults and revelation i have a dude abuth avp models , i mean i have the pc version
but i cant open any of the files , the files dont have any type of termination but i check
that the plugin only opens hskl and rscf files rename the files to any of those terminations
dont work , or the plugin its for 360/ps3 version?.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

The Chief wrote:MrAdults and revelation i have a dude abuth avp models , i mean i have the pc version
but i cant open any of the files , the files dont have any type of termination but i check
that the plugin only opens hskl and rscf files rename the files to any of those terminations
Do you have any widechar names (e.g. folder names containing Japanese or other wchar-language characters) on the path to the file?
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

MrAdults wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote:I've been having a reoccurring problem with Noesis. First, it can't view DDS images at all. Second, I cannot load any OBJ that has any "f #/# #/# #/#" lines whose #s are negative numbers. This makes it difficult to load anything in Noesis that was taken with 3D Ripper DX. I tried removing all the minuses from the f lines, but then it only loaded the first mesh and screwed it up very badly. I tried removing 5 of the 6 minuses in each line, but then Noesis only loaded a series of points outlining the model, and P3d0 screwed it up even worse.

Is there a way to fix the OBJ plugin, like to give it a routine that allows it to handle "f -#/-# -#/-# -#/-#" on every f line?
I've never come across a DDS or OBJ that doesn't work. You'll have to upload some samples.
revelation any chance you're gonna release kh 2 plugin for noesis ?
One such plugin is in fact now on the plugins page, courtesy of revelation. :)
KH2 Plugin Amazing!

A DDS at http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mirro ... 622021.dds
And an OBJ http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mirro ... .30.28.obj

The trouble with the OBJ is likely in the f #/# lines.
These are all just taken from 3D Ripper DX.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

So you meant non-s3tc DDS images. I've been lazy about trying to support all of the image formats, because I've not encountered them in any of the games I want to support. But I went ahead and made it load generic RGBA images. It'll probably break on YUV and other FOURCC==0 formats that don't fall into the rgba/argb/abgr/etc. category though.

Anyway, 2.95 is up.

Code: Select all

-2.95 - New functionality for materials in pluginshare.h.
 -2.95 - Made Noesis_AllocTexRefs automagically handle the "-texpre" option.
 -2.95 - Made COLLADA and obj exporters properly differentiate between material and external texture reference names.
 -2.95 - Fixed up unicode support a bit, allowing models on unicode paths to be previewed
 -2.95 - Made some non-s3tc DDS files load. Thanks to Mirrorman95 for example files.
 -2.95 - Fixed relative-indexing in the obj loader. Thanks to Mirrorman95 for example files.
 -2.95 - Added SetPreviewOption for plugin authors.
The Chief
veteran

Post by The Chief »

MrAdults wrote:
The Chief wrote:MrAdults and revelation i have a dude abuth avp models , i mean i have the pc version
Do you have any widechar names (e.g. folder names containing Japanese or other wchar-language characters) on the path to the file?
well the name of the folder its "Aliens vs Predator" the files dont have any termination:
also i tried to use the asura.bms file that come with the plugin but when i want to use that just givme an error, i extract
the asr file with other tool.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

MrAdults wrote:So you meant non-s3tc DDS images. I've been lazy about trying to support all of the image formats, because I've not encountered them in any of the games I want to support. But I went ahead and made it load generic RGBA images. It'll probably break on YUV and other FOURCC==0 formats that don't fall into the rgba/argb/abgr/etc. category though.

Anyway, 2.95 is up.

Code: Select all

-2.95 - New functionality for materials in pluginshare.h.
 -2.95 - Made Noesis_AllocTexRefs automagically handle the "-texpre" option.
 -2.95 - Made COLLADA and obj exporters properly differentiate between material and external texture reference names.
 -2.95 - Fixed up unicode support a bit, allowing models on unicode paths to be previewed
 -2.95 - Made some non-s3tc DDS files load. Thanks to Mirrorman95 for example files.
 -2.95 - Fixed relative-indexing in the obj loader. Thanks to Mirrorman95 for example files.
 -2.95 - Added SetPreviewOption for plugin authors.
Wow. My username is actually on the readme. Glad I could make some input. Well, the files work now. But there is one PMO I cannot load because Noesis for some reason crashes upon trying to handle this image: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mirro ... g27_03.png
Cloud452
veteran

Post by Cloud452 »

Nice updates/improvements on 2.95!

This isn't so much a request, since I've asked before... but more a question. While I presently don't have the skill, or know-how to do so, could anyone manage to give me some tips as to how to start work on a plugin, that would allow Noesis to understand the animation data in Crisis Core, so that models (and perhaps any map/level animations, unless that's handled by the game exclusively) could go through their various animations like the Dissidia models can?
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

I have a small question about where to see compatability. I did a quick check yesterday evening in the readme but perhaps I missed where all the list is. I mostly want to know witch game-stages are compatible. The maps so to say :)
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

pixellegolas wrote:I have a small question about where to see compatability. I did a quick check yesterday evening in the readme but perhaps I missed where all the list is. I mostly want to know witch game-stages are compatible. The maps so to say :)
Which game's maps?
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

Thank you very much to Mr Adults for sharing his program and to Revelation for the KH/KH2/BBS plugins!
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Is there any way to modify the KH2 plugin so the textures have transparency?
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

Mirrorman95 wrote:
pixellegolas wrote:I have a small question about where to see compatability. I did a quick check yesterday evening in the readme but perhaps I missed where all the list is. I mostly want to know witch game-stages are compatible. The maps so to say :)
Which game's maps?
That is my question. Is there a list where I can see witch games have support for stages i noesis. I see some examples on the homepage
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Cloud452 wrote:This isn't so much a request, since I've asked before... but more a question. While I presently don't have the skill, or know-how to do so, could anyone manage to give me some tips as to how to start work on a plugin, that would allow Noesis to understand the animation data in Crisis Core, so that models (and perhaps any map/level animations, unless that's handled by the game exclusively) could go through their various animations like the Dissidia models can?
Well, most likely that data is in the mot files that Noesis extracts from the game's package. I haven't even looked at them myself yet, so I have no idea how hard it would be to get at the data. But if you are not familiar with the process of reverse-engineering animation data, you probably aren't going to have any luck with it. If you are, well, you can get a copy of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition, load up a Noesis plugin (solutions and projects are included with Noesis in pluginsource.zip) and modify it to do what you want. The IQM plugin demonstrates how to get animation data to Noesis, although it does it in a somewhat unusual manner. If you wanted to feed pure animation data back from your plugin instead of model+animation data, you would use rapi->Noesis_AllocModelContainer(NULL, animData, 1); instead of the typical rpgConstructModel interface.
pixellegolas wrote:That is my question. Is there a list where I can see witch games have support for stages i noesis. I see some examples on the homepage
There isn't really a list of games where stage models versus character models are supported. In many games, the formats for characters and stages is exactly the same or only slightly different. So you'll just have to look around in the data for supported games and see what you come up with.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Is there any way to fix the KH2 plugin to show transparency?

Also, why can't Noesis view http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mirro ... g27_03.png ?