Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
qwerty
advanced

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by qwerty »

guys, in log writed exactly the same names/hashes that game takes access.
i entered the audi shop, tried to buy the tts and cycled through available rims (in reverse order - from last to first) - in log i got next lines:

Code: Select all

23BACA0FD1EC9787 "euro/bnk/sound/vehicles/tts_high.bnk"
2CD273CAAB6AFFF4 "euro/bnk/vehicules/rim/audi/q7_v12_f_03.bnk"
2CD273CAAB6AFFF1 "euro/bnk/vehicules/rim/audi/q7_v12_f_06.bnk"
2CD273CAAB6AFFF2 "euro/bnk/vehicules/rim/audi/q7_v12_f_05.bnk"
A76ADA6B1DB5BC46 "euro/bnk/vehicules/rim/audi/tts_f_02.bnk"
6A584D4876DF6211 "euro/bnk/vehicules/rim/audi/s3_f_01.bnk"
this means that game uses for tts rims from other cars. don't know if it's a bug or feature.
now you can open in max q7_v12_f_03 and i bet, it will be the same as last tts rim in game. and first tts rim is identical to first s3 rim (s3_f_01.bnk)
once again: i have checked my exe - it does exactly what it should - writes to log names to which game accesses.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

yes i confirm that the TTS is using rims from the other audis.

so now the question is, how will we know if among the 2500 files left, which ones are really loaded and which ones are not? we need to make a clean-up sometime if we're to find all of the names. so i guess the game does carry around hundreds of duplicated useless files , let's make a lite version, like windowsXP black edition :mrgreen:
RickPost
ultra-n00b

Post by RickPost »

vagos21 wrote:i just tried it out, yes renaming the bnk works, but keep in mind that the interior/physics/hud will be the same as the previous car, unless you rename all of them too. i ended up driving the TT RS with the bodywork of the hotrod haha, funny stuff!
which file did you replace? 'cuz it doesn't work for me :( and I would like to have it working so I can mess around with it :)
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

RickPost wrote: which file did you replace? 'cuz it doesn't work for me :( and I would like to have it working so I can mess around with it :)
replace any bnk with any other bnk lol.... /euro/bnk/vehicules/high if you're using the highest detail cars in your options. but remember, it will look and feel ugly.

for the time being, i'm using this ugly piece of software i just made to start renaming (almost manually) known files that are not loaded by the game, such as rims from the screenshot you see. ofcourse it's not as easy as it looks, i have to add each car path myself inside the rims path, but still it's faster than searching the files one by one in explorer, looking into them, and typing the whole path myself :eek:
manualRename.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

guys i'm sorry i'm out of this project for a while, i'm really mentally and psychologically down something bad happened to me so

i give you all i have till now, the tools i made and used, the logs of files i manually renamed and the program itself, i wish i could explain how it works but i'm really not in the right position to do that. the gauges are just a test i don't know if the paths/names are right. the lower part of the extractor does not work it was a testing thing that failed a while ago. also the first 2 rims, i don't know which cars they belong to.

take care and good luck to all
all.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

I'm sorry for your situation, hope you'll pull through.
Thanks for everything, and don't worry we'll figure it out.

Good luck to you too!
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.
mordax
beginner

Post by mordax »

hi. does any1 know where are the carphysics located ?
also it seems that this script is not working. i tried to decrypt and/or extract bigfile_EU_5.big, but no luck.
first i tried to extract it directly using quickbms and script, didnt work. said 0 extracted
then i decrypted it using tdudec and then tried same using quickbms and the script taken from here, same results. whats going on?
i have found Physics.cpr which contains base physics for all cars but thts not what im after. i want to see each cars physics
Alyshiatdu2
ultra-n00b

Post by Alyshiatdu2 »

mordax wrote:hi. does any1 know where are the carphysics located ?
also it seems that this script is not working. i tried to decrypt and/or extract bigfile_EU_5.big, but no luck.
first i tried to extract it directly using quickbms and script, didnt work. said 0 extracted
then i decrypted it using tdudec and then tried same using quickbms and the script taken from here, same results. whats going on?
i have found Physics.cpr which contains base physics for all cars but thts not what im after. i want to see each cars physics
I have the same problem, there is no way to open the pyhsics for each car. I did enjoy tdu 1 after I was able to mod the speed etc. of each car. In tdu 2 the only program I no to use is the tdudec, I did try to mod. the pyhsics.cpr file and that does not change anything in game.
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

Physics are within the BNK files of cars. Under the format called .hdk

1. We cannot edit them.
2. There is not any type of program that can.
3. You would need to repack the .bnk file in order for it to work.

So if you figure those things, sure. :keke:
-----------------

Btw does anyone know if its possible to just have the car files extracted (.big/.map) and have those working extracted only? Because I am only interested in loading the all the car files unpacked.
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

I stopped russian gameplay for now (only went through the intro, most introductory/descriptive speech and C1 license) and I'm concentrating on finishing the game (again) in english. If there are any russian players that could redo all events it would be really helpful.

I'm almost finished with Ibiza, 1960 files to go.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

is it me or is this euro/bnk/physics/tires.bnk is new file? that's what i expected, game physics (tires and cars) have to be somewhere else, definitely not in the dhk files. i did a small research, dhk files are a small extension to the havok physics files, hkx. if you look at any hkx file it's the same thing, with a few differences and additions to the TDU physics files. and actually i've concluded that the dhk files contain nothing that we're actually interested in, only the physics system setup which is basically shapes of the cars and springs and stuff like that. so, no torque curves in dhk files, no horsepower and stuff, these have got to be somewhere else. and this physics/tires.bnk is a good start, i hope more files like that can be found soon!
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

I found individual car physics a long time ago. It's one of the bin files and you have to decrypt it with tdudec. Let me see if I can find it again...

EDIT: F08BB2F77E4524F7.bin is the file, but I'm not sure if it's what I thought it was. It was logged as euro/bnk/database/aiconfig.cpr but it contains data for braking, turning, acceleration and probably top speed. Each car has its own ID in numeric format. I'm attaching the list, can't post it because it's too big.
Last edited by Chipicao on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

Chipicao wrote:I found individual car physics a long time ago. It's one of the bin files and you have to decrypt it with tdudec. Let me see if I can find it again...
is it the physics.cpr in the main TDU2 folder? i didn't manage to decompress that correctly with tdudec, it was supposed to come out as a normal text file right? i had text at the beginning but after some point it was just rubbish characters
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

No, it's not that one, I edited my previous post.

physics.cpr was decrypted just fine in my case. Did you remember to add the "1" flag for non-savegame files (tdudec.exe d Physics.cpr Physics.cpr.txt 1)?
I'm attaching my file in case you're curious...
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

Chipicao wrote:No, it's not that one, I edited my previous post.

physics.cpr was decrypted just fine in my case. Did you remember to add the "1" flag for non-savegame files (tdudec.exe d Physics.cpr Physics.cpr.txt 1)?
I'm attaching my file in case you're curious...
yes you're right it works, it was the db_data.cpr that wasn't working. well even if we get the car IDs right, this is pretty disappointing, just 4 parameters per vehicle won't help make handling better. it's like a jellyfish built this physics system setup! haha

Edit: maybe each car's min and max xmb contain some useful data, the ones included if you extract any of the /vehicules/hires/*.bnk

last edit: i've looked more into this, xmb from TDU1 has to do with pitching sound mapping according to engine rpm or something like that, so i guess i was on the wrong track

WTH are the real physics???? :D
Last edited by vagos21 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.