Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
toolieo
veteran

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by toolieo »

Ohhh I see now. Okay well I guess I can just disconnect from my internet and try the crack then. :D
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

Here's another update:
- all car gauges
- all med car files (I hope)
- all radio songs and most commercials
- all rim files
- intro male and female (toyed around with Tess and the others to make them spew out all their lines)
- viewed all female clothes (including outlaw outfit)
- most introductory speech (descriptions for map icons, menu and some other stuff)
- C1 license

Still ~2300 files left. I'll try to redo all championships and events, but it might take some time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.
RickPost
ultra-n00b

Post by RickPost »

Hey guys, I started the game with the unpacked bigfiles correctly.
I thought I wanted the Supersport instead of the Veyron 16.4. so i swapped all the files i could find but i still have the veyron 16.4 instead of the supersports. Can somebody help me out? :)
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

RickPost wrote:Hey guys, I started the game with the unpacked bigfiles correctly.
I thought I wanted the Supersport instead of the Veyron 16.4. so i swapped all the files i could find but i still have the veyron 16.4 instead of the supersports. Can somebody help me out? :)
so you thought of renaming the car files to get one instead of another? i don't know if that would work, since the 3dg, 3dd, 2dm and the rest of the files inside the bnks have their own names too. but did you delete the big and map files from the TDU2 folder? just unpacking them doesn't work you also have to remove them from there (i would transfer them instead of deleting them, since deleting such big files instantly sends them to outer space)
RickPost
ultra-n00b

Post by RickPost »

vagos21 wrote:
RickPost wrote:Hey guys, I started the game with the unpacked bigfiles correctly.
so you thought of renaming the car files to get one instead of another? i don't know if that would work, since the 3dg, 3dd, 2dm and the rest of the files inside the bnks have their own names too. but did you delete the big and map files from the TDU2 folder? just unpacking them doesn't work you also have to remove them from there (i would transfer them instead of deleting them, since deleting such big files instantly sends them to outer space)
Well it worked in the old game, and yes I have deleted the big files but I have made a backup of them.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

i just tried it out, yes renaming the bnk works, but keep in mind that the interior/physics/hud will be the same as the previous car, unless you rename all of them too. i ended up driving the TT RS with the bodywork of the hotrod haha, funny stuff!
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

Chipicao wrote: Still ~2300 files left. I'll try to redo all championships and events, but it might take some time.
mind if i do those? i had my savegame corrupted, and began doing every championship from the beginning, i'm now over @A4 on hawaii, and have recorded everything in my log since the very beginning of the game.
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

Yes PLEASE! Doing those all over again would have driven me nuts :) I'm not sure but I think you have to fail a few times in racing school and "random character" events in order to get all speech files.

I'm gonna do some police chases with all car brands, since there are different speech sounds for each one, and then start the game in Russian.
toolieo wrote:Ohhh I see now. Okay well I guess I can just disconnect from my internet and try the crack then. :D
When you tried to start the game online, with the original exe, didn't the launcher re-download those update files?
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

@Chipicao: No as I took out my Ethernet cable. Disconnecting me from the internet.
RickPost
ultra-n00b

Post by RickPost »

vagos21 wrote:i just tried it out, yes renaming the bnk works, but keep in mind that the interior/physics/hud will be the same as the previous car, unless you rename all of them too. i ended up driving the TT RS with the bodywork of the hotrod haha, funny stuff!
I don't know why but for some reason it doesn't work for me :(
qwerty
advanced

Post by qwerty »

Does anyone know what are .ig2 used for? We have alot of these files unsorted, but no idea for what they used and how to access them in game.
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

No idea.. there's also an ig2 folder with bnk files which contain textures and 2dm files. I can't remember if I ever saw those textures, but they look like in-game messages.
Euro\Bnk\frontend\allres\mapscreens\ig2
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

@qwerty: funny thing i was just investigating that. ig2 files are mission/race files... if you look at their lower part they have the CHK2 string, it contains info about the checkpoints. there's also a matrix in there about each checkpoint

@chipicao: the textures and materials in the /ig2/ folder contain only what you see on the map about that mission/race. i guess it's the icon that displays on each race? i haven't viewed it yet to see what it is just a guess :D

Edit: byte order - big endian
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

i set this for thought:

A76ADA6B1DB5BC40.bin: tts_f_04.3dg
A76ADA6B1DB5BC41.bin: tts_f_05.3dg
A76ADA6B1DB5BC42.bin: tts_f_06.3dg
A76ADA6B1DB5BC45.bin: tts_f_01.3dg
A76ADA6B1DB5BC47.bin: tts_f_03.3dg

i've deliberately entered the audi cars store in hawaii and cycled through this car's rims many times, and the log file shows only loading tts_f_02!!

instead it cycled 6 times through the same file
A76ADA6B1DB5BC46 "euro/bnk/vehicules/rim/audi/tts_f_02.bnk"

if chipicao has gone through all of the rims, and my try with this one failed, we're missing something somewhere...actually we're missing a lot of files this way. only with rims it's about 60 files, maybe for a similar reason the rpm hud dials never show up in our list? maybe they're not recorded by the modified exe to the logfile?

what do you think?

Edit: an attached image of the 4th rim in 3ds max, it's exactly the same as the 4th rim in game.
rim4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

Well this sucks... :(
The sound files from 14 cars were also not loaded, and I drove them all...