Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

MvC3 .ARC files.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Kharaxel
n00b

Re: MvC3 .ARC files. Older Capcom .ARC extractors don't work

Post by Kharaxel »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Chimera
n00b

Post by Chimera »

Okay so I was able to extract the files from Jills arc file :)

but the file extensions appear as .( insert random number here )

how do I fix that ?

and also Is it possible to get them with the bones or as an OBJ file only ?

Thank you very much :)
aaronindhouse
ultra-n00b

Post by aaronindhouse »

@ chimera:
The "if type == ................" lines in the bms script are using values that arent from mvc3 so its just printing out the values it gets from "get type long". To fix this you need to find the new type values and change them.

dds dtx5 textures use 8 bits for their alpha channel so repacking back into dds after the green-alpha swap causes a loss in image quality. Im thinking im going to repack into a tga file? the format seems simple enough unless there is a better format to use? any requests or suggestions?

also i'm set up in 010 editor right now(i love how quick it is) but it seems simple enough to get the code running in c++. any useful docs, or documentation pages for c++ that will help with the porting process?
Nexus Elite ns
beginner

Post by Nexus Elite ns »

aaronindhouse wrote:@ chimera:
The "if type == ................" lines in the bms script are using values that arent from mvc3 so its just printing out the values it gets from "get type long". To fix this you need to find the new type values and change them.

dds dtx5 textures use 8 bits for their alpha channel so repacking back into dds after the green-alpha swap causes a loss in image quality. Im thinking im going to repack into a tga file? the format seems simple enough unless there is a better format to use? any requests or suggestions?

also i'm set up in 010 editor right now(i love how quick it is) but it seems simple enough to get the code running in c++. any useful docs, or documentation pages for c++ that will help with the porting process?
So There a way to get the meshes then? But how do we find the values for each files then?
Chimera
n00b

Post by Chimera »

@aaronindhouse

thank you very much :)
I'm also trying to find a way to convert these files into obj and dds :mrgreen: :lol:
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

its how they stored the models that's the problem they are using a new method for storing indecies If i could figure it out i would of posted the script already if you can figure out how to read them just post how and the exporter is done.
Chimera
n00b

Post by Chimera »

I still couldn't figure out how to get it exported this is actually harder than I thought :eek:
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Noesis 2.85 can extract ps3 version archives with proper extensions and load/convert the .tex files, but most models will show as incomplete point clouds. Due to the index issue chrrox mentioned. The models that draw correctly are also missing most vertex data because I haven't even bothered decoding the vertex formats. (more worried about the index buffers) I think the key to this data is to look at the encoding key data present after the main mesh list which corresponds exactly to the total index buffer to each mesh, but I haven't figured out what to do with it.
darkloner
ultra-n00b

Post by darkloner »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
unkoburizou
ultra-n00b

Post by unkoburizou »

Thanks MrAdults  :mrgreen:
Noesis is greatest tool!
Kharaxel
n00b

Post by Kharaxel »

darkloner wrote:Can anyone tell how to open the .spc files?
Actually scratch my previous post. Use the newest Noesis, as mentioned above, to extract the files. It turns out they have extension: .spac .

Still... dunno what to do with them. I looked around but no answer.
aaronindhouse
ultra-n00b

Post by aaronindhouse »

Mr adults, are you implementing any channel swapping or mixing when you import the dtx5 textures? I was just wondering because I'm just about to implement it myself and would probably shift my focus to the mod format if you have already done this in neosis
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

The .SPC files contain the SFX noises in Resident Evil 5. I have an extractor for this but the sounds are useless.
Click the thanks button if I helped!
VILE
advanced

Post by VILE »

I have compiled some info on this file format and am writing an extractor and compiler in C#.

The format itself is pretty easy, anyone interested in my notes?
Researchman
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Researchman »

Interesting to see your notes, VILE.